Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Conrack
SlothAlmighty
carlucio
skarekrow13
Werdax
Thxodore
Back Lot Basher
phastings
Onion Knight
xenon_nobelium
CakeThiefPro
Sneezer
Juutas
Serious_Much
ExServ
19 posters

I'm really scared by these screenshots

ExServ
    ExServ

I'm really scared by these screenshots Empty I'm really scared by these screenshots

Post by ExServ Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:58 am

Hello everyone,

yes let's all dance in joy with the upcoming beta, nice collector edition and release date.

BUT, what the F****** F*** is wrong with these screenshots ?

These are official one, you can find them on the namco bandai partners press website as well.

http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2013/09/dark-souls-ii-coming-march-11-in-na.html

I could play the E3 demo on ps3 and ALL that we saw until those was great looking.

These screenshots look like modded dark souls on PC sad

I'm really scared right now by this because it's not even the same engine. i HOPE it's a kind of mistake, but if the game at the release look like this and nothing like what we saw on trailer / demo and what we could play i'd be really disapointed.

Of course, graphic does not make a game good, but honesty and transparency are something i believe in. :/

if i'm just overreacting, sorry silly
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

I'm really scared by these screenshots Empty Re: I'm really scared by these screenshots

Post by Serious_Much Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:26 am

I think those pics are really misleading- a) the pics are shocking quality, b) they don't even look like HD, looks like standard definition.

To be honest the quality we've seen in trailers and demos will be the one. These shots just seem like little teasers to give us glimpses of another part of the game than what we've been shown 10 times already silly
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

I'm really scared by these screenshots Empty Re: I'm really scared by these screenshots

Post by Juutas Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:57 am

The ONLY thing that worries me about those screen shots:

THEY HAVE THE SAME HAIR TEMPLATES FROM DARK SOULS 1 !!!

We better have more hair options and character custom options overall in DkS2 or everyone is going to look the same again.
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:05 am

Just to note; the designers focused significantly more on improving the animations and general dynamics of the game over anything else, so i don't expect the graphics to be incredibly insane. I personally think animations and lighting are much more important, regardless of what the game ends up looking like.
    CakeThiefPro
    CakeThiefPro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CakeThiefPro Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:07 am

More hair, more beards and please god some difference faces.
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by xenon_nobelium Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:43 am

anyone that hoped for a gfx leap on ps360 is delusional. gfx quality in the trailers and demos so far all pointed towards PC/devkit. nothing shocking in those pics at all, just current (last) gen console reality.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:52 am

It think the visuals will be better on 2. The visuals in the demos and other screenshots are a vast improvement over 1. I think they're revamping, and they've got more Budget this time so I think everything will improve.. The graphics are least of my worries, but I am hoping for a bit more visual prowess
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:22 am

Visuals on console won't be hugely improved. If you're expecting what you see in the trailers brace yourselves for a huge disappointment.

It's pretty obvious Namco are using PC footage for the trailers which isn't a surprise as most if not all publishers do it for marketing these days. And why wouldn't you? You always want to present your product in the best way possible.

Also looking at the screenshots now ... they look fine. Definitely improvements can be seen in the texture and character model quality. No where near the PC version at max but that is to be expected. Honestly they seem to have done a good job with the very old hardware they have available to them. As long as the framerate holds up I don't see how you can complain too much.
    ExServ
    ExServ

Post by ExServ Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:49 am

I think we've got a misunderstanding, i'm not delusional by expecting to play something looking like the E3 demo i got in my hands for three hours long a month ago.

And I, too, thought at first what we saw on trailers was PC material, i was really suprised when i saw a debug PS3 launching the exact same demo we see in the aching bones trailers from yesterday (yes this trailer show the exact same demo).

this is looking like dks 1, like the old engine, and is really weird.

If what i've played (aka what we saw on trailers and such) isn't what the game looks like, why hide it ? i mean we played dark souls for christ sake, the game doesn't kick *** engine wise but who cares ?

i've tried to contact namco PR, this feel like PR screw up to me :/
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:00 am

I don't get this- if you played the demo, why wouldn't the game look the same as that? Surely they ran the game on ps3 as they're not releasing it on ps3?
    ExServ
    ExServ

Post by ExServ Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:02 am

Serious_Much wrote:I don't get this- if you played the demo, why wouldn't the game look the same as that? Surely they ran the game on ps3 as they're not releasing it on ps3?
    I played it on PS3, so now you know why i'm feeling weird about these screenshots.
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:23 pm

Yea I feel it is still too early to scrutinize, and, in all honesty, next-gen mentality might be clouding judgement. Shoot, I won't deny that I want every game to look like Ryse or Deep Down, but that is just the hype from next-gen anticipation and all the glitz and glam of these amazing trailers we are being bombarded with..

they have a few more months to tweak textures and whatnot. The new lighting, (flowy cloth?) and particle systems in place are amazing, and that is a marked improvement from ds1. The only thing that truly matters in the end is if it turns out to be a phenominal RPG like its predecessors. 

- I will say this however.. Why didn't they stick with the phantom graphics (enhanced, of course) from Demon's souls? I mean, am I crazy, or aren't the smokey aura-effects of the red phantoms SO much cooler looking than just a flat, dark red of the dark spirits in DkS?
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:41 pm

I just noticed this.. Rather cool, but look at the white phantoms torso, you will notice the grass in the background and that they are transparent like a phantom or spirit should be:
    I'm really scared by these screenshots Whites10
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:10 pm

I couldn't care less whether or not they improve the graphics.  They could be the same as DkS 1 and I'd be fine with that.  If they're putting work into combat and animations, I'm pleased.  Nice graphics are great, but once the game immerses you, you won't notice them anymore, good or bad.
    Thxodore
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Thxodore Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:15 pm

I think the graphics look amazing. The Director of Dks2 said himself that he doesn't think there's much to be done in ways of improving graphics for the current consoles.

Shouldn't we be more concerned about gameplay and qualities inside of the game rather than being upset by a few standard-quality screenshots?

And another thing, wouldn't it be better if we stopped comparing what little we know of it to Dks1? If we approach Dks2 with the same mentality that we approached Dks1 with, less of a sequal or a 'pseudo-sequel' and more of just an awesome game we've been waiting for, I'm sure there would be a lot less whining and a lot more happiness.

Yes, it is a sequel. But do we really expect it to be like a book, turning a page and having the lines flow together like a water current? No, of course not. It will be very much its own game. So just take it easy and enjoy!
    Werdax
    Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Werdax Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:44 pm

What in heaven's name is wrong with these graphics? To me, the graphics look as outstanding as it should, whether or not it is identical to the first game. There was certainly never anything wrong there.

Graphics means jack **** in a videogame. What I care about is how smooth and realistic the animations will be.
    There is nothing to be worried about. Bad graphics or not, the game will under any circumstances be amazing (this is pure speculation by the way. Don't hang me up on it, if it turns out to be a major disappointment). Besides, the graphic will most likely only be improved a little, but there will instead be added much more visual effects then there were in the first game. It will still be gorgeous to look at.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:51 pm

The screen shots look alright to me. But the videos so far have impressed me. Guess I'll have a final verdict in March
    carlucio
    carlucio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by carlucio Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:59 pm

Come on, guys, those pictures are great. The last thing From needs do to in this game is to spend money on graphics.
    SlothAlmighty
    SlothAlmighty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SlothAlmighty Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:22 pm

the PS3 can only handle so much graphics processing.  what is going to make this game great lies in the combat dynamics and the immersiveness of the gameplay.
    Conrack
    Conrack
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Conrack Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:02 am

Heh all I can say is AS LONG AS IT PLAYS WELL. GRAPHICS BE DAMNED.
    Conrack
    Conrack
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Conrack Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:03 am

SlothAlmighty wrote:the PS3 can only handle so much graphics processing.  what is going to make this game great lies in the combat dynamics and the immersiveness of the gameplay.
    Please don't start with singling out consoles this invariably leads to fanboy ragers.
    OGS0ulsFAN
    OGS0ulsFAN

I'm really scared by these screenshots Empty i dont

Post by OGS0ulsFAN Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:36 am

i dont get your worry either. they look better than dark souls 1 and besides, like people have been saying; its not about the graphics, its about the gameplay, difficulty,  lore, content balancing and overall diversity of the world. the souls games have always prided themselves on thoughs principles. not graphics.
    NathanC
    NathanC
    Casual
    Casual

Post by NathanC Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:36 pm

I'm not worried either. The screenshots don't really tell me enough to make any solid judgments.

I see what some of you mean, by it doesn't appear to be the same engine. Because it doesn't look like it in the screen shots. But the gameplay trailers show a totally different story if you ask me. One which I'm am very pleased with.

The animations are fluid, the weapons and armor's are as detailed as they should be. The enemies seem mean as mean gets. And I've seen some videos on how the AI's been changed. They've only become more vicious. Which I think most of us would agree is not only a good thing, but something it needed.

DkS1 is a hard game no doubt. But is was too easy to get used to. And in many cases too easy to work. If that makes sense.

As far as sequels go, I don't think I've ever been more confident in the producers to not only do it right, but do it better.
    IHateTheFourKings
    IHateTheFourKings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by IHateTheFourKings Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:01 pm

I'm with Werdax on this one. I think visual/lighting effects are more important than sheer graphical fidelity. I'm all for awesome realistic graphics, but I'd honestly be fine if they stayed on the level of Resident Evil 4. The effects, framerate, and processing power are all much more important in my opinion.
    NathanC
    NathanC
    Casual
    Casual

Post by NathanC Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:50 pm

IHateTheFourKings wrote:I'm with Werdax on this one. I think visual/lighting effects are more important than sheer graphical fidelity. I'm all for awesome realistic graphics, but I'd honestly be fine if they stayed on the level of Resident Evil 4. The effects, framerate, and processing power are all much more important in my opinion.
    Very well said.

It's not about how realistic it looks, so much as it is how refined it looks.

Take SoTN. It's old as hell at this point. But it also looks great still. Because they knew the look they were going for(Which wasn't "realistic") and put as much effort into the idea as possible. And it worked out great.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:27 am