Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
The Letter X
Say Xbox Again
Reaperfan
GrinTwist
WaffleGuy
Hatsune Miku
NathanC
lonewolf
TehInfamousAmos
Mr. Tart
15 posters

I need you to answer 6 questions(Age 18-20 only, please)

Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

I need you to answer 6 questions(Age 18-20 only, please) Empty I need you to answer 6 questions(Age 18-20 only, please)

Post by Mr. Tart Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:14 am

So in school we've gotten the assignment of making a computer case based on a target audience given to us. The target audience is very simple; People around the age of 18-20 that are "hardcore gamers". So what's a hardcore gamer? Well, quoting our teacher, we essentially need people that don't just play Candy Crush.

We have a total of 6 questions;

1. Name your top 5 favourite games and why they are at top 5.
    2. What's the most difficult game you've ever had the opportunity of playing and why?
    3. Which themes do you prefer the most(ex. space, desert, ocean and so on)?
    4. While sitting in the dark, what lightning colour would you feel the most comfortable around?
    5. If say, you were to be stressed out, what enviroment would you consider to be the most relaxing(once again, space, desert, ocean, anything like that)?
    6. Do you consider yourself a (hardcore)gamer?

Edit: I appreciate any and all answers given. silly
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

I need you to answer 6 questions(Age 18-20 only, please) Empty Re: I need you to answer 6 questions(Age 18-20 only, please)

Post by TehInfamousAmos Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:42 am

Mr. Tart wrote:So in school we've gotten the assignment of making a computer case based on a target audience given to us. The target audience is very simple; People around the age of 18-20 that are "hardcore gamers". So what's a hardcore gamer? Well, quoting our teacher, we essentially need people that don't just play Candy Crush.

2. What's the most difficult game you've ever had the opportunity of playing and why?
    4. While sitting in the dark, what lightning colour would you feel the most comfortable around?
    5. If say, you were to be stressed out, what enviroment would you consider to be the most relaxing(once again, space, desert, ocean, anything like that)?

Wont order these top 5 but.... Souls Series(counting kings field) - this is a given considering I am on     this forum however I  enjoy this series of games not due to the 'challenge' they pose. I am interested in the community ans the lore of these games.   Baldurs Gate series - Really nice storyline, satisfying combat and rewards strategically sound players. Total war series/warhammer(warhammer IRL or chess) again it rewards innovative and strategically sound players.
    League of Legends. Hard to describe why I enjoy this however I do. Hate to say it but WoW.... though if that isnt allowed then quake III arena.      2. Most difficult game - I wanna be the boshy! The one life system with many mechanically challenging battles makes it so fun and difficult. Or osu! (Depending upon beatmaps) 3. Well themes I prefer would be either involving solely me or just me and my wife. 4. When sitting in the dark I want no coloured lights, they would be but a distraction. I know my keyboard mouse and controllers all over. 5. Generic theme. Think zero project :- for the love of the wood elf princess  Dark Cloud - memories or ludovico einaudi - Nuvole bianche. Those sort of songs would embody the theme. 6 - define hardcore gamer. Though by the widely accepted definition yes.
    lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

I need you to answer 6 questions(Age 18-20 only, please) Empty Re: I need you to answer 6 questions(Age 18-20 only, please)

Post by lonewolf Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:11 am

answers:

1: 5 firefall, its a good fps as well as a good take on the mmo gonra, fast paces and fun.

4 skyrim(only with better vampires mod and playing as one) the game is fun especaly when creeping in the dark planning your next strike and where to move.

3 halo reach and halo 4 these games are really good with a good pacing and fun gameplay i also didnt grow up on halo2 so i am not infected with the nostalgia bug jet.

2 Dishonored, the game has amazing sthealth mechanics which gives you a fealing of being a propper assassin and not some guy running on rofftops in a white cape.

1 Dark souls, the game has the best combat iv ever had the plesure of using, the atmosphere is good and the community is golden.

2:the most dificoult game iv ever played hass to be hydro thunder on the n64, the game is brutal on its ai and actualy kinda broken becouse if you dont know the shortcuts you wont have a chance.

3:i preffer darkness as a theme, as a vise man once said: i dont fear the dark i fear whats in the dark.

4: i would have to say a dark blue or red, altough dark blue would be my personal choise.

5: i would rather take underwater or space if im stressed.

6: yes i am a hardcore gamer. im not that old but i know allot about gaming and i used bloddy 20000 on a gaming computer.

that wraps it up hope you are happy.
    NathanC
    NathanC
    Casual
    Casual

Post by NathanC Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:28 am

Mr. Tart wrote:So in school we've gotten the assignment of making a computer case based on a target audience given to us. The target audience is very simple; People around the age of 18-20 that are "hardcore gamers". So what's a hardcore gamer? Well, quoting our teacher, we essentially need people that don't just play Candy Crush.

The Fire Emblem series would have to be the first. The gameplay was a blast, and the graphics at the time were just cool as hell.

Number two would have to be TESIII: Morrowind. It's one of the biggest most in depth and detailed game worlds I've had the pleasure of playing. Just my opinion but no game like it has even come close to touching it since.

The third would be Doom. The classic. Aside from being a pioneer in its hayday, a huge community has kept it alive. There's a mod out there that adds things like free look, jumping, reloading, and a whole slew of other cool stuff. And it's simply given me countless and I mean countless hours of play. As have all the games that will be on this list.

Fourth would be MechWarrior 4. What made it so great was they took a cool concept(Giant Stompy Bots) and made it work, in a manner more realistic than anyone else yet. Because of that, you really had to try to be good at it.

And finally Final Fantasy VII. One of the best RPG's ever made. To this day it's still better than most of the garbage being thrown at gamers today. What made it so good was how it could be so laid back, and so serious at times. And it was long. Looooong. And I loved that about it. Without question, my number one complaint about games today is how short they are.

The hardest I've played? Probably Ninja Gaiden Black. It has the same unforgiving feel to it that Dark Souls does. But. Unlike in Dark Souls, you can't grind away your problems by doing nothing but leveling up. And you can't go back a level. So once you get to that boss that you just can't beat. You better learn how. Because you can't go back and get stronger.

My favorite are any with a Medieval setting. Darks Souls as an example, Morrowind, Fable ect. 

Blue would be my pick of color. It reminds me of the winter. Which is very relaxing for me.

And so the next question would be a very snowy area. Like a February in Anchorage.

I do consider myself a hardcore gamer. I think I care to much about it not to be! I'm the kind of guy who finds a game he likes and tears it apart piece by piece just to know it inside and out.

Hope this helps!
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:32 am

I'm 23. *is sad for not being included*
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:18 am

Mr. Tart wrote:...

1. I: Pokémon series (Red to Gold to Ruby to Diamond). Especially the 1st and 2nd generation were amazing. I was just completely hooked. When I was 7 years old, the first step towards gaming was recieving a GameBoy with Pokémon Gold. I couldn't understand English for sh**, but I've played through the whole thing. It caused me to really want to learn English, and I think it payed off a lot. Humans spend 3 years of their life on the toilet. I've spent 13 on Pokémon. (If I have to be specific, take Pokémon Gold.)

II: Halo series. Any pick. I love sci-fi and I grew up with the series. It made me buy an Xbox and turned me into the gamer I am today. The soundtrack is something religious to me. I played them to death, especially Halo 3. So much fun. This should be a shared number 1, but I had to make a pick. The online aspect was amazing. The campaign was amazing. Punching Grunts was heart-breaking. (So take Halo 3 if you need a specific title.)

III: Dark Souls. I can't believe I waited a full year because I was scared of not being good enough for the challenge. After months of watching Dark Souls videos, I almost understood the full concept, storyline, etc. For the last year, my time on gaming was about 97% Dark Souls. I've got to know a lot of fun people because of it, and I'm really glad I joined this forum. 
    * Imminent tears*  *Need comfort*

IV: Mario Kart Double Dash. I was lucky enough to also have a GameCube, although no one seems to even remember what it is. Mario Kart was such a fun game to me, even though I seriously hate racing games in general. Every game that was based on time gave me stress, and I can't perform under it. But somehow it was fun. Even more so when playing with my friends. Not to mention it's really funny to see the replay of your friends screwing around, or look at the dumb mistakes we made.

V: Call of Duty. I'm sorry if I make you cringe with this one. My brother is really interested in war history in general. Especially WWII. As it was popular and a few of our friends had it, we bought it too. The part that really made us buy it was a multiplayer, but you could play it with a friend split screen online. My brother and I almost always played together. It's no fun playing alone and my brother just looking. Therefor, it was really fun for us. We went for the highest killstreaks, we went complete retard and picked the worst weapons combined, we did themed classes, etc. We spent a lot of time on it. And there were frustrating moments, but we always came back to it. (Pick Call of Booty: B-B-B-Back the f*** Ops if you need a specific title.)

(Sorry, Fable would've made it if it had multiplayer silly 
    I just like the online aspect more.) I also had a hard time not selecting Star Wars Battlefront II and Mechwarrior for the xbox. So many memories.

2. Most difficult... I'm gonna go with Ninja Gaiden. I've played it with a friend a long while ago. I was so bad. It wasn't even on the hardest difficulty. I don't want to talk about it. Leave me alone. sad 

3. Themes I enjoy the most are space (or alien planets), medieval scenery and prehistoric scenery. Pick whatever you want first. I like dinosaurs. You probably already knew. 

4. If you're talking about a light in a distant hallway, I would go for orange. 
    If you're talking about what kind of light comes from the television, I'm guessing something not too bright. Too much whiteness in the dark just hurts. 

5. I always think scenery from space (planets, colorful stars, ...) and nature scenery are really relaxing. Nature going from animals to canyons.

6. I consider myself to be a gamer. I've owned all major consoles (or at least spend a good amount on them), and it's really something I can do on a Friday night to relax. I'm guessing I might turn 'hardcore' when there's no school. I spent a lot of time on it. Now it's divided between meeting friends, computer, etc. If you list what falls under hardcore gamer, I might have to change my answer, but it's not like I'm addicted to it. I can just jump in a world that's different in many other ways, and I can be whatever I want. And that's what gaming is about for me.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:57 pm

1. The first top game would probably be Zelda: Wind Waker mostly because I enjoy the environment that you travel in and a few of the dungeons can be something of a challenge your first time around.

Second would be Dark Souls mainly because of it's difficulty that's there to constantly challenge you.

The third game would be Morrowind because I enjoyed the fact that the NPCs in the game would discriminate against me for being an argonian or making a decision that they didn't like.

Fourth would be Demon's Souls for reasons, see videogame #2.

Then five would be Saints Row 2, mainly because it's a fun game to play that can be a challenge depending on the difficulty that you're playing on.

2. Battletoads, I had the worst time playing this game because of how hard damn near everything was.

3. I prefer a space or an ocean theme as they're very calming for me. Normally I have to go with space because it's not hard to get a good view of the stars around here.

4. A sepian color preferably, I think it's a nice color that works well with dark environments.

5. I think space helps more than the ocean with this, whenever I got overly stressed out I just go out for a midnight walk and look at the stars and my issues that I had are forgotten about.

6. I consider a hardcore gamer someone that has made playing videogames a hobby, so yes I'm a hardcore gamer.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:36 pm

Hopefully 22 isn't too far above your range...

Anyway:

1.  In no particular order, my top 5 games as of this posting would be:

1)  The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
    I like this game because of it's thematic sensibilities.  It comes across on the surface as no different from your average game, but when you get into the story and start to understand the characters and events going on, you realize just how dark this seemingly normal game actually is.  Themes about loneliness, abandonment, acceptance of death, and futility permeate from everything in this game, and really shows how even with an innocent presentation a video game can tell a mature story.

2)  Demon's Souls
    For this one, it has to be the storytelling.  No other game before or since, excluding its would-be-sequel-turned-spiritual-successor Dark Souls, has been able to tell a story in a way so unique to the medium of video games.  Being able to say so little and yet have such a deep world lore is something no other medium could have done.  While the story itself may not be the best ever written for a game, it's presentation here proved that games can be a storytelling medium all of their own.

3)  Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
    This one is two-fold but rather simple.  First is that it's one of the best-designed old-school sidescrolling platformers ever created, and I consider it one of two games that are pinnacle examples of the genre (the other being Donkey Kong Country 2).  Second, and why it beats out DKC2, is purely because of timing and/or nostalgia.  Yoshi's Island was the game that got me into gaming, molded my gaming sensibilities to this day, and without it I would likely not have gotten into games at all.

4)  Psychonauts
    I think the word I'm looking for on this one is "consistency."  I can praise the game's great sense of humor, amazing platforming and puzzles, or deep characters, but what really makes me appreciate this game is that they found a way to make everything, and I mean everything, make sense in-narrative.  In a Mario game, you don't ask why he can jump so high, who put the coins there, or why you want to collect the coins at all.  This game manages to actually give you solid reasons for the main character's inexplicable acrobatic capabilities, what all the macguffins in the levels are, why they are there, and why you need to collect them.  It ties so much of the game together and elevates your immersion beyond a typical platformer.

5)  Street Fighter IV
    This is an odd one, because I really mean it as the whole Street Fighter IV series.  Since each new game is basically just a patch for the previous game but with a different title, I feel it's okay though (if you need specifics, the most updated version right now is actually called Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition version 2012, soon to be replaced with Ultra Street Fighter IV in the next few months).  Just treat this entry to mean that whatever is the newest edition is the title I'm including for the list.  Basically, these games introduced me to a new genre of gaming I never knew I even liked, the 2D fighting game.  Since then, fighters have been equal to platformers on my "favorite genre" list, and they've become the genre of games I'm known for amongst my friend group.

2.  Super Meat Boy, hands down.  As for "why," there's not really much to say.  I'd heard it was really good from friends and the internet and that it was a 2D sidescrolling platformer.  2D platformers being my favorite genre I just thought I'd try it out.  Turns out it was the "Demon's Souls of the platformer genre," using really tough level design to make you feel rewarded for mastering the controls.

3.  My favorite theme is the "Castle Ruins" theme.  Basically, anywhere there is old-looking, weathered, and abandoned architecture.

4.  Pale blue.

5.  Relaxing environment actually differs by genre.  In any non-platformer I find the most relaxing environment to be the "Ice Cavern" environment.  It doesn't necessarily have to be ice though, just caves coated in smooth and reflective surfaces such as the Crystal Caves in Dark Souls.  For platformers though, since icy environments tend to come with frustrating control and movement changes, ice environments actually stress me out, and I find the most relaxing environment in those games to be a "Forest" environment.

6.  Since we don't have a better term for "more than a casual gamer," then yes, I do.
    Say Xbox Again
    Say Xbox Again

Post by Say Xbox Again Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:48 pm

1)a: Dark Souls (it is probably the most polished, detailed, and challenging game I've played in years)
    b: Terraria (my most played steam game i think, and one I can still boot up for an hour or two and have some good fun with)
    c: the Binding of Isaac (it's a very deep and varied game with nigh-infinite replayability)
    d: Pokemon BW/BW2 (i know playing pokemon games for the story is like watching Disney movies for the violence, but it's honestly my favorite part)
    e: the Phoenix Wright series (i like my combat turn-based and intellectual. also it's great research material on Japanese pop culture tropes)
    2)Dark Souls EDIT: I forgot I owned Magical Drop 5. As for why
    3)Matrix-style mechanical dark dystopia
    4)Deep blue is nice
    5)nighttime desert or ice field
    6)I guess. I never really thought about it that much

Last edited by Say Xbox Again on Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:16 pm

Since Reaperfan did it, I'll do it too.

1. In no particular order(except for, Okami) my top 5 games as of this posting would be:

1) Okami
    All of the characters look different and they are all unique and loveable in their own way. The music is epic/beautiful. It's comical. And the graphic are the same as the music. Gameplay could be 0.5 better, but still very fun to play. Lots of stuff to collect and do. This game takes the cake. It gets a 9.9 from me.
    It's a work of art! Literally.

2) Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
    Excellent choice for a Castlevania game. The music is excellent, gameplay excellent, controls easy to get used to and adjustable. A great platformer game over all.

3) Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

I 100 percent agree with you Reaperfan.

Reaperfan wrote:This one is two-fold but rather simple. First is that it's one of the best-designed old-school sidescrolling platformers ever created. Yoshi's Island was the game that got me into gaming, molded my gaming sensibilities to this day, and without it I would likely not have gotten into games at all.
    4) Resident Evil (remade)
    This is my favorite horror survival game I've ever played. They made good use of the good graphics by using every detail possible, except for bloodstains from being bit or clawed. And the gameplay is old school style. The music is just very eerie and very fitting for the game. And it's super challenging once you unlock Real Survival mode(none of the item boxes are linked together, like they are in the normal mode), because it also feels like the difficulty is surpassed Hard and went Extreme(is not a difficulty option). You can also play Invisible Enemy mode, where all enemies and bosses are invisible. (Here's the hardest way you can play the game period. Le video below: ((Warning: He makes it look easy. It's not!))

5) The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
    Basically because of it's dark, gloomy, and stressful atmosphere. Same as what Reaperfan said. It's my favorite Zelda game for sure.

The following is a quote from Reaperfan. Cause I agree 100 percent about what he had to say about it.

That's tough. I just started on Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F; Which is a rhythm game by the way. And requires really good hand dexterity and rhythm to play. I've had it for a while now, And I've unlocked one of the 38 song to choose from on Extreme difficulty. And can't even get 30 seconds into it with out dropping out. Time to step up my game and change my skill.
    But I'd have to say Dark Souls for obvious reasons.

That actually depends on what type game I'm playing. Horror survival would be dark and gloomy of course. Resident Evil (remade) is prime example of that. But I guess I do prefer that kind of theme, as long as I an see most of what's in the dark.

Say what now?

Anything theme more bright, than dark and gloomy.

Yes!
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:00 pm

Thanks for the replies so far! I still need about 5-7 answers, if there are any other people between the ages 18-20 who hasn't answered yet.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:27 pm

I'll edit this post later when I have time to answer all the questions.

1.  5 - This spot always changes, but I'll pick Way of the Samurai 3 because of my liking to samurai,  and this game's combat is pretty well done.
    4 - Jet Set Radio Future - It's a different game, centered around roller skating and graffiti, but its music and interesting characters paired with my nostalgia for the game put it a nice spot on my list.
    3 - Dragon's Dogma - Character customization, pawn system,  and combat. I also really liked the story and the new game + ending systems.
    2 - Armored Core: For Answer - I'm not normally a fan of mech games, but this game's fast-paced combat and customization made it very enjoyable. Not only these things made me like it, but the difficulty of its missions and the writing were perfect in my eyes. I get chills every time I replay the game.
    1 - Dark Souls - I don't wanna write a whole essay, so I'll just say its in-depth combat, PvP, difficulty,  and community.

2. Dark Souls - you cannot deny it is a hard game, and I simply did not play many tough games in my time.

3. Desert

4. White/yellow

5. The beach or the top of a cliff overlooking the ocean

6. I consider myself a hatdcore Dark Souls player. I don't play video games enough nowadays to consider myself a hardcore gamer.

Last edited by The Letter X on Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:31 pm

Youngstas...cool 
    barrywilkins
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by barrywilkins Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:34 pm

In no particular order:
    1. Disgaea 1 because, it had a good story and took you quite some time to really get down to mastering classes. 

2. Patapon 2 was my favorite of the series due to it massively expanding on what was already in place from 1 and had many nice places to battle the Karmens/Akumapons.

3. Super Mario RPG holds a special place in my heart for being the first game I can say I actually beat in my life.  I was 5 at the time.

4. Breath of Fire 3 for being a generally lovable game and my personal favorite in the series even though I've beaten 1 at least 4x and 3 only once.

5. Resident Evil, for being one of the few games to actually give me a reaction of fear upon seeing it.  It freaked me out so bad when I watched my grandma play the original when I was 5 that I couldn't dare touch it until I played the REmake at age 13, which refreshed that fear.
    It's hard to narrow it down. But for lack of a better response: Prinny: Can I really Be the Hero? I never even finished it due to the frustration that came from constantly missing jumps.
    I tend to gravitate towards Frozen areas.  Most games I play, my favorite areas are the Icey ones (act 5 in diablo 2, icecrown in World of Warcraft, and Painted World)
    Blue lightning seems like the one thats least out to make me die.
    A wide open plain with a nice soft spot of grass to lie on.
    I'd say yeah, I play games quite a bit (its what i spend most of my free time doing,)
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:19 pm

I'm still 20 for another 9 days (note: it's the 27th already where I live). So here's my answers:

Favourite games:

1. Dark Souls. Amazingly deep and challenging gameplay, and I love the way the story is told.
    2. Little Big Planet 2. The game itself is a mediocre platformer, but that Create Mode... <3
    3. Demon's Souls. See Dark Souls.
    4. Dragon's Dogma. The gameplay is pretty interesting. Very extensive character creation, for both yourself and your follower. I recently got the expansion (thanks to PS+), but I haven't played it yet, so my opinion might still change soon.
    5. XCOM: Enemy Unknown. The only turn-based strategy game I ever enjoyed. I liked the gameplay and story. Would have made it to #4 if it wasn't for the shoddy programming and the weird difficulty spike in early game followed by zero challenge in late game.

Most difficult game I ever played:
    Arcade games. Especially the vertically-scrolling ones. I can't pick a specific one because they're all practically unbeatable anyway.

Favourite theme:
    I like nature. Could be either something created by nature, such as a forest, or old ruins of an ancient civilisation that have been reclaimed by nature.

Preferred lighting colour in the dark: Yellow/orange.

Preferred environment while stressed out: 
    My bed. I don't like easy games, and challenging games aren't relaxing, so I prefer to take a nap.

Am I a hardcore gamer?
    I guess. It depends on how you define hardcore. If it's about difficulty, yeah, totally. If it's about time spent playing, then I don't think so. Sure, I do game a lot, but I could do so much worse.
    TheColdestHeart
    TheColdestHeart
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TheColdestHeart Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:20 am

My top 5 favourite games, in this particular order:
    1. Fallout: New Vegas. Oh man, have I had some times with this one. Very, very good times. I love almost everything about it. Yes, it can be buggy at times, but that is overshadowed by the RPG elements, the music (I love the Mysterious Broadcast the most), the backstory, the frontstory, and all of the DLC (even Dead Money). 
    2. Dark Souls. Here's another game that I have sunk ungodly amounts of time into. And I love this game for almost the same reasons as F:NV. The music is brilliant, the atmosphere is top-notch, and those boss fights. They're harrowing, even on my 10th character!
    3. The Last of Us. Yes, this game is more recent, but oh man. It sure jumped into my "favourites" list quickly. The emotional depth is staggering, the gameplay is pretty rock-solid, and it has a fantastic multiplayer, to boot!
    4. Super Metroid. This is one of the first games I ever played, on my uncle's old SNES back when I was 5 ot 6. It scared me back then, but I reacquired it for my 18th birthday, and it still holds up as a fantastic game.
    5. Final Fantasy IX. This is actually the first Final Fantasy game that I ever played all the way through, and man, was it good stuff. It had that classic FF feel that us fans love. And that story. Mmm.

Most difficult game?
    That's a tough one. System Shock 2 is pretty hard, but I'm jumpy, so that doesn't help. Bioshock: Infinite on 1999 mode is pretty poopy, as well. But really, Battletoads has to be that one game that I can never beat due to sheer difficulty. Don't get me wrong, I love that game. But really. It's impossible.

Favourite place/themes?
    Although I like to stay inside in real life, I do love the big, sprawling, open plains that occur in most fantasy games. The sheer epicness of it. It's fantastic.

Lightning colour?
    I've always been drawn to purple lightning, for some reason. I just like it.

Relaxing environment?
    I really like frozen tundra, for whatever reason. It's relaxing to me.

Hardcore gamer?
    Yeah, I'd say that I am. I mean, you have to be pretty hardcore to be getting a degree in journalism with plans to work at IGN or another big video game journalism company like that.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:26 am

Exactly the amount of people I needed. Thanks a lot for all the replies. Highly appreciated!
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:24 pm

I AM YOUR PROJECT'S SAVIOR
    MUUUAAHAhh .. HarGh.. hhum
    *inhalor*

...BAAAAHAAHHAhhahehahahhaa

Don't kill me. The world sometimes needs an old-time, obviously scripted movie villain.  >_>

ʕ ··ʔ
    Aigaios
    Aigaios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aigaios Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:27 pm

Not 18+ yet, can I still answer?
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:41 pm

I've gotten the answers I needed for my project. However, if you feel that you want to answer the questions for fun anyway, then please, by all means do so.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:13 am