Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Thief build help

crazydogtfa
    crazydogtfa

Thief build help Empty Thief build help

Post by crazydogtfa Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:40 pm

I'm planning to do a thief build play through and I am have no idea what it needs to be based in. When ever I make a character I end up just spending points on anything that I want so the stats are all over the place. I am also planning to just use daggers and straight swords. I was also thinking of doing a play through with him so I want to make sure that everything he uses will be as powerful as it could be. Any help will be appreciated.
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Thief build help Empty Re: Thief build help

Post by WaffleGuy Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:04 pm

crazydogtfa wrote:I'm planning to do a thief build play through and I am have no idea what it needs to be based in. When ever I make a character I end up just spending points on anything that I want so the stats are all over the place. I am also planning to just use daggers and straight swords. I was also thinking of doing a play through with him so I want to make sure that everything he uses will be as powerful as it could be. Any help will be appreciated.
    Do you mean you want to start with a Thief caracter or actually make a thief build (assassin)?
    Because I think the Hunter class has 1 stat less DEX, but also a sl 4 starting level, as opposed to an sl 5 Thief. And I think you get more STR for it (which will help carrying straight swords). 
    I'm guessing your most important stats are going to be VIT, END and DEX. STR will not help a lot when wielding daggers. 

I have a low level assassin build. The important thing to know is when to use which dagger. The regular 'Dagger' has the fastest swing rate. It's faster than the Bandit Knife, but that weapon has bleed. It's useful for bosses like Sif and the Stray Demons. There are more bosses who suffer from bleed, but I can't look it up now.
    Then, should you get Priscilla's Dagger (20 DEX required), it is stated to have a larger bleed effect. When you make a target bleed with your Bandit Knife, it takes about 30% of the opponent's health (doesn't work this way for bosses). When you do it with Priscilla's, it takes away a whopping 50%.
    Now, here's the annoying part: the build up (= how many hits it takes to make your opponent bleed) is higher on the Bandit Knife than Priscilla's. Meaning if you want to be extremely effective, you hit your opponent a few times with your Bandit Knife, THEN when he's close to bleeding, swing away with Priscilla's. 
    I personally use an elemental (+5 lightning) Dagger most of the time (more damage per second). Most enemies in Dark Souls will be defeated quickly when you have more powerful weapons. So they usually die before even bleeding out. But I keep a Bandit/Priscilla close for facing players).

For straightswords in general, you might need to make a quality build to get the most damage out of it. 

Then you should try to stay nimble and fast. Make sure you can always fast roll. If you're having problems getting stunned all the time, try using the Wolf Ring. 

If you want more information, just ask. I hope this was helpful silly
    crazydogtfa
    crazydogtfa

Post by crazydogtfa Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:27 pm

Thank you that was extremely helpful

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 6:57 pm