Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Very laggy hits

ScottyDoesKnow
    ScottyDoesKnow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Very laggy hits Empty Very laggy hits

Post by ScottyDoesKnow Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:52 pm

So this happened a while ago, but I've never seen anyone mention it, so I'm curious. I was fighting a guy with a greataxe, and I dodged well out of the way of an attack which still managed to flatten me. On my screen, it wasn't even close. The strange thing is, he messaged me saying that on his screen it wasn't close either.

So does anyone have an explanation as to why this would happen? My assumption has always been that phantom hits are hitting on the opponent's side.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Very laggy hits Empty Re: Very laggy hits

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:00 pm

lag, bad lag, on both ends. nothing can be done about it if its that bad for both players, so just ignore it.
    ScottyDoesKnow
    ScottyDoesKnow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ScottyDoesKnow Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:04 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:lag, bad lag, on both ends. nothing can be done about it if its that bad for both players, so just ignore it.
    Well of course it's lag. I was just wondering if anyone knew the actual reasoning behind it. Normal phantom hits make sense, it hit on one player's screen but not the other. If it didn't hit on either, I don't see why the game would register a hit at all.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:18 pm

Pretty simple. The game registered that you were in one spot (the spot he hit) but you weren't there because you dodged. Maybe a second later the game would have registered where you really were. Lag. Your title answered your question.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 26, 2024 9:41 pm