Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Onion Knight
Rynn
The Letter X
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
PlasticandRage
Dibsville
tigab95
Marino.
skarekrow13
Zeta Prime
Soul of Stray Demon
15 posters

Worst game ever?

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Worst game ever? - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst game ever?

Post by Tolvo Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:26 pm

AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:16 pm

For the hype behind it a game called daikatana, built up massively, major delays and it was utter crap.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:16 pm

Coincidentally, ya know that Big Rigs game is made by the same people who made the game that was originally called The War Z, now called Infestation: Survivor Stories? The one that's pretty much a generic rip of Day Z. There's this whole conspiracy theory I've read online about how their core developers create dummy companies, develop a game or two that requires little to no production, launch ad campaigns with video and screen shots that look really incredible but that don't actually represent the games, charge full market price for their products for a couple weeks, then once angry consumers start organizing against them they abandon the companies and create new ones with different names and do it again. Check out some of the original ads for Big Rigs and some of the original, and current, ads for War Z, then compare what they're advertising to the actual games themselves. It actually really seems plausible.
    I've seen enough evidence to support the theory, including clips showing what these "companies" were willing to perma-ban customers off the site for saying. Even simply inquiring about the glitches and about a refund would be an instant permaban, regardless of the post being completely reasonable.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:17 pm

E.T. The videogame

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:34 pm

TheMeInTeam wrote:
    Coincidentally, ya know that Big Rigs game is made by the same people who made the game that was originally called The War Z, now called Infestation: Survivor Stories? The one that's pretty much a generic rip of Day Z. There's this whole conspiracy theory I've read online about how their core developers create dummy companies, develop a game or two that requires little to no production, launch ad campaigns with video and screen shots that look really incredible but that don't actually represent the games, charge full market price for their products for a couple weeks, then once angry consumers start organizing against them they abandon the companies and create new ones with different names and do it again. Check out some of the original ads for Big Rigs and some of the original, and current, ads for War Z, then compare what they're advertising to the actual games themselves. It actually really seems plausible.
    I've seen enough evidence to support the theory, including clips showing what these "companies" were willing to perma-ban customers off the site for saying.  Even simply inquiring about the glitches and about a refund would be an instant permaban, regardless of the post being completely reasonable.
    Yeah, I've seen some of that stuff too. People will buy the game and not be able to run it because it's so bugged and crashing, and they'll post about it and get perma-banned from the servers. I was reading the blog of this guy who got perma-banned and dug into the head of a company a bit. I can't remember his name. It's like Titov or something. Anyway, his name's been on every single one of these games. With all the evidence that's been presented, I'm honestly surprised Steam let them come back after their first ban. I guess they're just good at what they do. They almost had me. I'd been playing a lot of Project Zomboid when WarZ first came out, and I'd been looking at DayZ, but wasn't sure about having to buy all the Arma 2 stuff in order to do it, and I'd been reading that hackers were making the experience pretty iffy. Then suddenly there was this gorgeous looking game that was the exact same thing, but promised all this stuff, like hacker proofing, and what have you. Glad I did a little reading, and watched some actual gameplay videos before I spent that money. Just goes to show it's always a good idea to do your research before you give anyone your money online. It's just too easy a medium to use to rip people off and get away with it.

Have to just wait for the DayZ guy to finish his stand alone, and for Indie Stone to finish up instead I guess.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:21 am

Sergei Titov is his name, and that might just be some sort of fake name so people don't find out who he really is.

https://youtu.be/RtKAm3nzg6I

A lot of things came out about the game, such as groups of players came out stating that they were given coordinates by devs to where players were in game so that they could kill said players causing them to lose out on items they bought, so they'd have to rebuy them. Apparently it was a real thing with them essentially putting up hits on people that bought items so they'd lose them and keep buying more. Apparently when the devs would play they'd just use their god-like powers to *** with players and do whatever they want, if anyone complained they banned them. There are a lot of horror stories about that game with many of them seeming to be true.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:03 pm

Yeah that's it, Sergei Titov. I'm sure it probably is fake.

It's very strange to me that one with all this information out there, Steam, who I see as generally a relatively savvy/vigilante company, continues to allow them to use their platform to do these things, and two that people continue to buy the game.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:02 pm

I don't even ....

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:44 pm

You are so full of horror and survival right now.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:01 pm

I don't know how I'm going to get to sleep tonight

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:03 pm