Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
skarekrow13
jaythibodeau
Walter_White
7 posters

Beta Red tape

Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Beta Red tape Empty Re: Beta Red tape

Post by Walter_White Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:22 am

Hi,
    don't want to be the grinch, BUT: read the EULA and decide for yourself what you want to risk.

I have my psn-id in my sig, so it's very easy for them to find the traitor, if i do something against the EULA (esp. screenshots and video capture).

Our first duty is making qualified bug reports! And that's more important for FROM and the community. If you know some more about the game now it won't help you with bugs in the final product, that could've been reported in this beta.

Saw more than one video, where the played ignored white signs, bloodstains, etc. and started to test movesets 8-O
    wtf - thats NOT the purpose of a network test!

Summon, set your sign, invade, touch every single bloodstain you see, make bug reports!
    Have a look in the bug report tab on the beta website, and look what they want to know. Have a sheet and a pencil ready to make a note of every bug you encounter.

Enough with the grinch - have fun on saturday, hope to see ya in my world, or in yours.
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:14 pm

Is there any sort of way to find all current information that we've already gotten from the beta? I want to mostly check for things that haven't been looked at yet. Such as taking pictures of every location, at different angles. So that it can be mapped.

Edit: In the time that I have, I'll try to take pictures of as much stuff that I can. Item descriptions, stats, areas, everything. However, that's just so that I can write down the information from those later. The pictures would be useless since I'm using my phone to do it (low quality).

Edit 2: When using the bug reporter on their website, is that pretty much the general way to send any feedback? Such as what Brave was talking about?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:09 pm

The official testing schedule (posted in the other "official beta testers thread" that was already started, tsk tsk Serious winking ) states that in addition to network tests they are looking to

"Test overall game balance as players interact with each other, including multiplayer using alliances, etc."

So I think any feedback is appreciated as the word "including" implies "not exclusively." Since it's a stress test the biggest thing they probably want to see is if they can (during the second round) have as close to 30,000 people (per region I think) on at the same time and see if it breaks.

As for info sharing, the US version of the beta site is pretty clear

"Information experienced during testing may not be publicized on the Internet or elsewhere."

"Information" is a very broad term and we are taking participation into our own hands if we post things. Particularly those of us who have PSN IDs in our sigs or, ahem....are the same as our username here. Not looking at anyone in particular here....

*whistling nonchanlantly* since I already took my beta life into my own hands....
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:18 pm

Er, so, is it wrong to post any sort of info gained from the beta?
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:24 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:The official testing schedule (posted in the other "official beta testers thread" that was already started, tsk tsk Serious winking) states that in addition to network tests they are looking to

"Test overall game balance as players interact with each other, including multiplayer using alliances, etc."

So I think any feedback is appreciated as the word "including" implies "not exclusively."  Since it's a stress test the biggest thing they probably want to see is if they can (during the second round) have as close to 30,000 people (per region I think) on at the same time and see if it breaks.  

As for info sharing, the US version of the beta site is pretty clear

"Information experienced during testing may not be publicized on the Internet or elsewhere."

"Information" is a very broad term and we are taking participation into our own hands if we post things.  Particularly those of us who have PSN IDs in our sigs or, ahem....are the same as our username here.  Not looking at anyone in particular here....

*whistling nonchanlantly* since I already took my beta life into my own hands....
    Yep. We are experiencing that on another wiki I am part of. That does include streaming. If you can relay info in a guitar hero fashion, as in "As made famous by japanese youtube video xyz" then it may be ok because that is already out there, but you can't directly relate it to your experiences.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:55 pm

Also this from Darksouls FB regarding the "time" confusion for tomorrow:

"Dark Souls
    Games/Toys · 304,106 Likes
    Options for this story
    A quick reminder for all involved in the upcoming Dark Souls II Network Test:

The servers will be open 9PM - 11PM PDT Oct. 12th for North and South American PS3 users who have redeemed their codes. The next round of testing will be open to many more users so stay tuned for more information!
    about an hour ago"

https://www.facebook.com/darksouls/posts/548610881878627

big grin

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:25 pm

So is anyone going to post their impressions and findings In Here once the beta has gone or is this thread redundant?

I mean, skare and another member have already started it. Come on guys, throw the non testers a bone winking
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:00 pm

Eh, I think I'll do it anyways. I shouldn't even be playing the beta apparently. I'm underage. big grin
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:05 pm

Serious_Much wrote:So is anyone going to post their impressions and findings In Here once the beta has gone or is this thread redundant?

I mean, skare and another member have already started it. Come on guys, throw the non testers a bone winking
    It is pretty close in content to the other one, but no worries.

As far as throwing the non-testers a bone, we would love to but it would directly violate the EULA and puts this website at risk as well if it allows us to directly post stuff related to our Beta experience. Behind the scenes I guarantee you people are discussing things but if it is out in the open and in direct violation of FROM's EULA then we are all at risk, no? What gets said in a PSN chat or other setting can't come back on this wiki forum, but in a thread here it can. Openly stating what you plan to test prior to the beta is not a violation and that is why I set up the other thread (as an organizational tool mostly), but people need to be cautious of what they post relating directly to their experiences after they have played the beta. Just my 2 cents but I feel the Mods should discuss this because it is a serious issue.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:19 pm

I think you're all making too much of Internet laws- remember music and films up on the Internet are also supposedly illegal but it's impossible to do anything about it.

if you don't want to post here, no one is forcing you. however i won't lie that I'm disappointed you choose not to share the general info you gather. If the shoe was on the other foot id gladly tell you every last detail I felt relevant though
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:22 pm

Do it for the poor souls who lack PS3's.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:37 pm

Serious_Much wrote:I think you're all making too much of Internet laws- remember music and films up on the Internet are also supposedly illegal but it's impossible to do anything about it.

if you don't want to post here, no one is forcing you. however i won't lie that I'm disappointed you choose not to share the general info you gather. If the shoe was on the other foot id gladly tell you every last detail I felt relevant though
    Don't get me wrong, I think we all want people to have the information and I am sure it will trickle out somehow, but they posted that EULA for a reason and they invited us to help them test the game in it's present form. We don't want to repay that generosity by lagstabbing them by violating all the rules of the agreement 10 seconds after it is over. Again, it could put this site at risk so this should be a Mod and Administator discussion. Believe me though, I get your excitement and we will hash this out after you all have had that discussion and determine the risk here. It has always been my opinion that this site is far more restrictive of posts than other forums, and the others I am part of are not allowing these discussions openly right now.
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:55 pm

I just emailed Namco and got this.

jaythibodeau wrote:
    Hi, I was wondering if beta testers for Dark Souls 2 were allowed to post / upload any sort of information about it online. I'm confused as to what I'm allowed to say, and what I'm not allowed to say, etc, judging from what the EULA says (which I can't seem to find after reading it the first time).
    Namco wrote:
    Dear James,

Generally the EULA states that you won't divulge any pertinent information from the Dark Souls 2 beta or post videos of gameplay online.

Thanks,

Namco Bandai Games America Inc. Customer Support
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:10 pm

So basically specifics are a no go, impressions are ok?

As I've said before, it's whatever you feel comfortable with, everyone on here is responsible for their own actions and individually accountable so it's up to you. Hopefully some people will decide to throw a bit of info our way.

Now then, please cut the naysaying talk. In going to split the thread to get rid of the fat from the thread when I can ready for tomorrow.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:12 pm

Wow, Jay! Love your incentive. This does throw a "monkey wrench" into things. Damn! sad

Hopefully, Fex or someone as knowledgable will drill down to some bare facts and give us some guidelines. Like the operating definition of the word "pertinent". No streaming or youtubes is fairly clear in their message. sad
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Beta Red tape Empty Beta Red tape

Post by Serious_Much Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:15 pm

If any of you need guidance fex' post on the first page tells you what you can and can't do according to her very informed ways with legal documents. In reality they'd like you to think they have more over you than they actually do

Now please don't post unless its with information tht is relevant to OP (I mean beta info) so I've got less magic to work later on

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:08 pm