Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
WaffleGuy
Hue
SlakeMoth
8 posters

What I'm playing now

SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

What I'm playing now Empty What I'm playing now

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:46 am

March 2014 seems so far away and I needed a game that would really keep me involved so I've started playing Fallout 3 again from the beginning. Loving it all over again.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

What I'm playing now Empty Re: What I'm playing now

Post by Hue Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:01 am

hmm...i have to try it some day.
    I've only played the "tutorial" level, where you choose your stats and skills.

It looks more serious than New Vegas (which can be pretty hilarious at some points)
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:15 pm

I prefer it to New Vegas. One main quest & lots of side quests unlike New Vegas where there were, in my opinion, too many factions and I couldn't decide who to go with for the end game. Also I like the sound track of Fallout 3 a lot more. Some of the songs are delightfully non pc.
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:55 pm

I remember my first time playing it after a friend of mine told me about it.
    I didn't even know Megaton back then.
    I seriously went in every direction but that town, and ended up getting demolished by several wild animals and gangs. I didn't even know how to cure my limbs, I didn't know you could take a few stimpacks from your dad's room, etc.
    It was so horrible I didn't touch it again for 2 weeks straight.

But it was one of the best games I played so far when I got into it. Lots of hours put into it silly
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:11 pm

Only played it once, but had a blast.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:20 pm

I played fallout 3. Had a few bugs, but better than elder scrolls and very fun. Not enough side quests and a tad easy though if I'm being critical.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:03 am

Serious_Much wrote:I played fallout 3. Had a few bugs, but better than elder scrolls and very fun. Not enough side quests and a tad easy though if I'm being critical.
    After all the effort and sticky moments it took to earn the Platinum for Dark Souls, 'easy' is just fine by me Serious.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:17 am

I actually just did Fallout 3 again myself over the summer. I was thinking about it, and it's actually the only massive Bethesda rpg I've finished. I've played Oblivion, Skyrim, and New Vegas for just massive amounts of time, but Fallout 3 is the only one that's consistently held my attention from beginning to end. There's just something about that one that they really got right more than the others I think. If you don't have any of the DLC's I highly recommend Point Lookout Slake. It's pretty great. An old timey riverboat lands on the river, and you take it back and forth to a whole new map. I think it might be Coney Island, but I'm not positive. Lots of stuff to do there. All kinds of new equipment and side quests. Really good stuff. The Pit DLC is kinda neat and fairly worthwhile also. The rest aren't really worth the money though I don't think. Operation Anchorage is kinda lame I thought, and it gives you gear equivalent to enchanting armor with invisibility in Oblivion and makes the rest of the game so easy that you might as well not even be playing it, and the Mothership whatever one traps you in a huge dungeon where you fight the same 2 things over and over and they drop the same lame unique weapon over and over, and the whole time you'll be telling yourself you wish you were just back in the Wasteland and asking yourself why you paid money for it.

^ there's TONS of sidequests. Literally tons. If you just play the main quest and only do sidequests you'd encounter by sticking relatively close to places you go during it than it would appear that there aren't many, but if you really get out there and explore, something that the game's massive opened map just begs you to do, there's massive amounts. Not just free-form stuff either, although there is a lot of that too. I dropped 250+ hours on my first run through without DLC. Out getting all the bobbleheads, the custom versions of the weapons I liked, and doing sidequests. All kinds of things to do.
    Corroded
    Corroded

Post by Corroded Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:35 am

I think that any game with a sense of puzzle always keeps you alive. So long as the outside does not distract. Perhaps Silent Hill or MYST can be your playground for one day. At least, the originals and not HD of Silent Hill. Bad producer..
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:45 am

Agree totally Plastic. I'm playing the 'Game of the Year' edition with all the extra content. I had already downloaded it but made the mistake of playing the 'Mothership Zeta' section and got stuck on that damned flying saucer before going on to the 'Brotherhood of Steel' bit, so I've started from scratch again. I think the disc version is slightly different with 'Enclave' soldiers popping up early on which I don't remember happening first time around.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:21 am

To be fair plastic I don't really go through a game and search hard for things to do if they're not very obvious.. I also don't like doing stuff like attempting to find bobble heads etc. I did explore the whole map though, maybe I just missed some of the side quests
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:01 pm

Yeah, maybe half of them are free-form, which means you would have had to have been out actively participating in them without being told to.

@Slake: Yeah, that's what I've got too. I forget what the other brotherhood of steel one is called. I've actually never played that one through though. It happens after you finish the game, and I've always long maxed my level by the time I get there and it's just not enjoyable anymore. Although it is pretty great that they add an extra 10 levels/perks to your level cap for activating it.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:15 pm

It's called Broken Steel. There is also The Pitt which I don't believe has been mentioned.

I own Fallout 1,2,Tactics,3 and New Vegas with the last two on both 360 and PC with all addons on both. You might say I'm a tiny bit of a fan of the series.... biggrin
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:00 pm

I still have my copy of 2 for PC. It was the game that got me into the series. I really liked it. I wish there were more games like it these days. I remember how blown away I was when I first got out into the world and realized that the game wasn't going to tell me where to go, and that I could do whatever I wanted. It was the first really true opened world rpg I'd ever played. Definitely took some time to adjust to not having my hand held. I just recently bought tactics off Steam for practically nothing too. It was like $2 or something ridiculous like that. I haven't really gotten into it yet though. I just did the first mission to see what it was all about.

The used game store in my town has had a PS2 copy of Brotherhood of Steel for ages too, and I always look at when I'm there but I've never done it because it got such bad reviews. The critics aren't always right though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:03 am