Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Solid_WolF
passivefamiliar
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Tolvo
8 posters

DKS2 Download Corrupting the PS3?

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

DKS2 Download Corrupting the PS3? Empty DKS2 Download Corrupting the PS3?

Post by Tolvo Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:28 pm

So I just downloaded and installed the beta, but doing so has corrupted my PS3. The play game option is now gone, it can't read any discs, I was playing a game a bit before downloading it. Has this happened to anyone else, is there any way to fix this without losing everything on my PS3 or should I just give up and throw my PS3 out the window?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

DKS2 Download Corrupting the PS3? Empty Re: DKS2 Download Corrupting the PS3?

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:40 pm

Some people I know used a different account to get around the glitches, but Emergence warned against that, so I don't know.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:52 pm

Using a different account I still can't access games. I'm not talking about DKS2, that isn't up right now I just have the client. I mean, I put in Metal Gear Solid HD collection, and it shows up as Corrupted. There is no play option, corrupted just brings up an error. Hell, corrupted only sometimes shows up, otherwise the play option is gone from my PS3. When I use downloaded games, every thirty seconds they just explode into colors then go back to normal. Everything was working fine on my PS3, as soon as I downloaded and installed the DKS2 Beta Client this happened.
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:11 am

thats scary..mine is fine. even tried 3 times to 'play' dark souls 2, even though i know it wouldnt happen i still tried a few times.. after it failed, telling me i needed an update i went about my day and started playing 'the last of us' digital game online. later i played a little of infamous on disc. so my ps3 is unphased. something else likley happened.

maybe it got interupted, by you or by fault of chance. if it was forably shutoff or unplugged during instal that could be the issue...in which case you may be screwed. call sony customer service and they will walk you through a system restore you can do yourself and if your lucky it'll fix the issue.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:12 pm

I tried the restoration, it didn't work.

It also was not interrupted at all, so I have no clue what caused this. Someone from chat things that downloading it in the process my HDD blew out so I need to pay 40 bucks or so for a new one and install it somehow.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:31 pm

Did the ticket Namco's guy on Twitter set you up with help at all?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:57 pm

I don't have any clue how to navigate the site of the ticket.  

Also it seems like the system restore in safe mode stuff got rid of a lot of my settings, so I can't log into my old account anymore since I don't have the information.  So that's a bummer, I'm pretty much locked out of online content now.  Well this whole thing has pretty much ruined my PS3 experience.  I guess I'm done with consoles.

EDIT: I'm also very confident that the HDD is working, since I can still use some downloaded content that requires HDD functionality.
    Solid_WolF
    Solid_WolF

Post by Solid_WolF Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:35 pm

Tolvo wrote:I don't have any clue how to navigate the site of the ticket.  

Also it seems like the system restore in safe mode stuff got rid of a lot of my settings, so I can't log into my old account anymore since I don't have the information.  So that's a bummer, I'm pretty much locked out of online content now.  Well this whole thing has pretty much ruined my PS3 experience.  I guess I'm done with consoles.

EDIT:  I'm also very confident that the HDD is working, since I can still use some downloaded content that requires HDD functionality.
    If you only rebuilt the database none of your log in info should have been deleted. The only thing that option resets is your Display settings, playlists and Theme settings (Which are rather easy to set back to normal.)

To me it sounds like a terrible coincidence, maybe your HDD was already in the process of breaking down and it just happened while you downloaded DKS2. You can easily get a new HDD for 20 bucks these days, and the installation is super easy. If you have PSN+ you can back up your save files to the server before they get corrupted. If you don't you can always transfer those to a USB device if you decide to get a new HDD.

Good luck.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:39 pm

But how can it be the HDD that is not working if it works with some of my downloaded content?
    Solid_WolF
    Solid_WolF

Post by Solid_WolF Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:42 pm

Tolvo wrote:But how can it be the HDD that is not working if it works with some of my downloaded content?
    It must be partially corrupted. Do you notice any slowdowns or any strange stuff while on the main menu?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:48 pm

Nope, nothing. I just checked the PS3 support and they're saying I have to reformat my PS3 from the system settings, and with an HDD replacement I'll be losing all my data anyway I guess.
    Solid_WolF
    Solid_WolF

Post by Solid_WolF Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:53 pm

Tolvo wrote:Nope, nothing.  I just checked the PS3 support and they're saying I have to reformat my PS3 from the system settings, and with an HDD replacement I'll be losing all my data anyway I guess.
    Back up your saves to an USB or server before you do it. Also make sure you write down your log in info.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:58 pm

I don't have a USB or anything like that, and I can't back it up online because I don't have PS+.  My Log in Info is already lost.

EDIT: Yep, everything important is gone. Infamous which I got online is gone, my Artorias of the Abyss DLC content is gone and I now have to buy it again. Everything is lost, I wish I'd just be dead already and get this bad weak over with.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:53 pm

Tolvo, if you're stuck getting a new HDD I would just buy a month off plus to go along with it for cheap backup
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:36 am

Geez, that sounds rough Tolvo. I didn't apply for the beta, first because I didn't know how and second because I wanted to start the game fresh when it was released. Glad to see you're back btw. Hope you get it fixed.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:28 pm

Anything you bought can be downloaded again. pSN login can also be recovered, can't it?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:55 am

He can't remember his login stuff.

For the record, that stuff happens on PC too. A 36 gig flash drive is $20. A 500 gig external hdd is $50. (you'll need them formated to fat 32 but googling a formatting site should do that.) Every PS3 has usb ports.

Login information and data backups are the users responsibility. No system has 100% integitys, so keeping that kind of stuff is your responsibility.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:40 am