Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Yukon
Deadpool
6 posters

Found my first blacksmith, need info

Deadpool
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : In front of my mirror thanking god for my sexy looks

Found my first blacksmith, need info Empty Found my first blacksmith, need info

Post by Deadpool Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:09 pm

Ok here's the layout

I found the blacksmith by what it looks like to be a church. Before I upgrade stuff I would like to know what weapon I should up along with shield and armor. Iv been at this game for 3 hours and finally got here lol. This game is defi itself a change up. Anyways, any comments would help me big time!
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Found my first blacksmith, need info Empty Re: Found my first blacksmith, need info

Post by Yukon Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:13 pm

There are plenty of nice weapons in the start of the area, Zweihander and partizan in the graveyard near firelink, the claymore on the dragons bridge near the sun altar, the estoc in new londo near firelink, the halberd in undead parish and even your starting weapon.

There is no best weapon, just find one you think is a blast a level that up to +5, all your weapons will need to be +5 before you have to start worry about them branching off into special weapons so just start there.

As for good starting gear, again it depends on you. If you want to tank the knight armour, if you started as a knight, is a good poise high set early on, Otherwise you can get a set of knight armour in the deep root garden at the very bottom in the lake.

If you want to roll around, you might prefer something lighter like the hollow warrior/knight set (found from hollow knight drops). But you can mix and match sets, so don't be afraid to play around look for something that gives you atleast 20 poise and you should be fine this early on.

As for shield, look for something that offers about 50-60 stability, as you upgrade it it will get more. I like using the round shields for astetics, but the hollow knight shields are good, if you are lucky black knight shield is amazing and there is 1 black knight in the parish, and another in the forest who may drop one.

If you plan to use a heavy weapon like claymore or zwei there is a grass crest shield near the 2nd blackknight in the garden, it restores stamina.
    Deadpool
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Found my first blacksmith, need info Empty Re: Found my first blacksmith, need info

Post by Deadpool Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:15 pm

Well I started the game as a wonderer and so far I've found out that modifiers are amazing. People are telling me to get the uchigatana but I don't know what or wear that is. Help on that?
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:16 pm

You will have to kill the undead merchant in the burg, the uchi is named Yulia haha. But you can also wait and join the forest covenant and buy it from an npc called shiva in blight town later on

Also wanderer, represent! cheers
    Deadpool
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deadpool Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:30 pm

Lol I see u like your wonderer. He looked the coolest so I went with that class.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:30 pm

They call me the wanderer, yeah, the wanderer, I roam around around around around around...

:roll:
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:37 pm

Well as a wnaderer if you are going for Dex weapons I would suggest, Rapier, Balder Side Sword, Katanas (Bought from Shiva, whom which you must be a Forest Hunter to meet and trade with.) As well every armor set can be pretty good as long as you upgrade it, I sometimes still rock my +9 wanderer chest piece haha.
    Deadpool
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deadpool Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:39 pm

Man I wanna dual wield katanas!!!
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:40 pm

You shouldn't feel restricted by your class though, my wanderer(S) have rocked pretty much every build you can think off, I have str dex and magic wanderers (no I am not obsessed shh.)

But I agree with tolvo, your dex will be your highest starting stat so you may want to look into those weapons he mentioned. The estoc near firelink is a good starting rapier, you dont get another until a little further in the game.

and I would wait until shiva to get your Uchi, because its no fun killing npc's.

Also duel wielding in this game is a little faulty, its almost better to use 2 different weapons. But you can buy every katana in the game once you get to blightown, the itaio is on a ledge near the start and shiva sells the uchi and washing pole (think ff7)

Edit, make sure you buy the crest that this blacksmith is selling for 20,000 souls and go talk to the cat in the forest to join the forest hunters if you want to have uchi or washing pole without spilling blood! you cna leave the covenant at any time. but shiva won't show up after you leave.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:43 pm

I always forget about the Estoc because it is just like instinct to get it whenever I make a toon haha.

By the way it is a bit ugly looking, but until you get say the shadow garb or something else if you managed to get the Gargoyle Helm it is pretty decent in defenses and offers some poison defense.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:44 pm

Okay tolvo, now I am insulted! gargoyle helm is damn good looking, specially if your character has a beard shadow. I am dissapoint in you for saying that.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:45 pm

In fact, dual wielding is pointless in this game (as it would be in a real fight), especially when you're new to the game. More advance players may only do it to look badass... or silly...
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:47 pm

Unless I make a bald person I never like to look at my hollowed toon, and I hate the living faces. I cover up always, I don't want to see any skin! Full Armor sets always, even the theif mask bothers me haha.

I wouldn't say it is pointless, I like certain parry animations as well certain weapons are great in the offhand, like spears. Sometimes I find myself without a reason to block, and just a reason to parry. So I equip a Kat my offhand to harass with bleed while with my main weapon I deal the majority of damage.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:53 pm

You're right actually, it can be pretty effective if you're more experienced and do it right, i've met plenty of people in pvp who used some hard hitting weapon in the right hand and a spear in the left for example...
    Deadpool
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deadpool Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:53 pm

Have u put the shotel in the left hand and hit the counter button? It looks cool
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:54 pm

I dual wield those often haha. big grin
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:36 pm

How did you get a shotel this soon : O are you already in blightown deadpool?
    Deadpool
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deadpool Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:51 pm

No I summoned someone to help with capra
    Deadpool
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deadpool Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:08 pm

What's a good weapon to take with me to seaths territory?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:11 pm

Any weapon can be good if you upgrade it, weapons I might suggest are things for Backstabs or hitting through shields. I prefer to never fight those Crystal People head on, rather back stab them. Spears, and Rapiers are pretty good for that area in my book. But again if you upgrade any weapon you can use it at end game.
    Deadpool
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deadpool Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:57 pm

Yeah I found out that for little guys packing that much muscle, it's roids and I'll need a nice weapon to help me not get killed so fast
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:59 pm

Parry and Riposte also does really well against them, but that is always a bit tricky for new players to get the timings down. If you have found the Crystal Halberd near the Anor Londo bonfire that's not a bad weapon choice.
    Deadpool
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deadpool Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:04 pm

Did I tell u that I got swallowed by a treasure box the other day? I'm so paranoid about treasure boxes now that I swing my weapon at everyone I see like 30 times just to make sure it's not a demon box.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:05 pm

I screamed the first time that happened to me haha. Funny thing is, the Crystal Halberd is in one of those haha. Remember those Sentinels you pass from the Anor Londo bonfire to Seath's Archives? Behind them are two chests, one of them is a monster the others isn't.
    Deadpool
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deadpool Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:26 pm

I think I peed a little cause first off, it scared me. Second, I was so frustrated as it was with just dying in sens a billion times that when it stuck its hands, I stretched my arms out to hug it and accept what was about to happen, then just chucked my controller, burned my house down, killed a orange, watched Dr. Phil, and tried it over again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 2:54 am