Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+31
ofrost564
Spurgun
jabbasway
WyrmHero
BLA1NE
Maneater_Mildred
Grey-Ronin
mofomey
Carphil
Artorias
The Once-Ler
meridam99
dominoboy
reim0027
GrEeNgObLiN
Serious_Much
DanielCdable
Tolvo
Gol
gekkyy
bloodpixel
exandroide
Reaperfan
ViralEnsign_
Emergence
Forum Pirate
RANT
User
Ignus-Dej
Yesuurd
Baal-Avatar
35 posters

Fight Club (SWORDS) - Saturday March 17th - 8:00PM EST

Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Fight Club (SWORDS) - Saturday March 17th - 8:00PM EST Empty Fight Club (SWORDS) - Saturday March 17th - 8:00PM EST

Post by Baal-Avatar Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:28 pm

Date
    March 17th 2012
    -
    Time
    8:00PM EST
    -
    System
    PS3
    -
    Sen's Roof (Up Secret Passage by First Giant)
    -
    Rules
    No Healing During Fights
    No Backstabs
    No Magic
    No Turtling
    Buffs are allowed
    Bow Before and After Fights
    -
    Weapons
    Straight Swords
    Greatswords
    Ultra Greatswords
    Curved Swords
    Katanas
    Curved Greatswords
    Piercing Swords

Last edited by Baal-Avatar on Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:03 pm; edited 5 times in total
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Fight Club (SWORDS) - Saturday March 17th - 8:00PM EST Empty Re: Fight Club (SWORDS) - Saturday March 17th - 8:00PM EST

Post by Yesuurd Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:35 pm

Yeeehaw!!! Damn I had hoped no buffs but NM I will have my new faith/dex build by then.
    Ignus-Dej
    Ignus-Dej
    Casual
    Casual

Fight Club (SWORDS) - Saturday March 17th - 8:00PM EST Empty Re: Fight Club (SWORDS) - Saturday March 17th - 8:00PM EST

Post by Ignus-Dej Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:22 am

Sounds pleasant. I'll join in.
    Preferring Sen's Roof.(Up Secret Passage by First Giant)

Last edited by Ignus-Dej on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:31 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : grammar correction)
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:27 am

... does it matter what soul level?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:33 am

damn, cant make it next weekend. what about axes?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:58 am

My mains all use swords anyways cus they're generally the way to go in japanese games. which os funny cus many samurai ran around with gigantic wooden clubs with steel studs in them. Anyways i'm down.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:07 am

Sounds like fun, added to the calendar!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:10 am

Great I'll have my new Dual Kat build down by then! Oh and the Tourney was mad fun is that what its like every FC event?
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:32 am

Yesuurd wrote:I had hoped no buffs but NM

I'm the same, honestly. Here's hoping for the reverse next tourney with no buffs but spells allowed (with specific, pre-determined ones such as TWoP and WoG banned of course). Still not confident enough to join at the moment, but I'll keep working on my PvP throughout the week. Maybe by this weekend I'll feel good enough to join in happy
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:35 am

Reaperfan wrote:

I'm the same, honestly. Here's hoping for the reverse next tourney with no buffs but spells allowed (with specific, pre-determined ones such as TWoP and WoG banned of course). Still not confident enough to join at the moment, but I'll keep working on my PvP throughout the week. Maybe by this weekend I'll feel good enough to join in happy

I don't mean to put that idea down but how then would Faith Builds compete. All we could use would be healing spells and GMB which would nullify magic. Unless you meant it was exclusively for mages. In which case that would be great to watch.
    exandroide
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by exandroide Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:38 am

i'm down. hopefully i'll have my dex character up to 120 by then
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:46 am

Why just swords? (just wondering)
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:38 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    Reaperfan wrote:

I don't mean to put that idea down but how then would Faith Builds compete. All we could use would be healing spells and GMB which would nullify magic. Unless you meant it was exclusively for mages. In which case that would be great to watch.

Emit Force works well with it's AoE and is hardly any worse than the Fireball spells when used properly. Force still eats away at shield stamina, and can still be used like WoG is to interrupt actions of the opponent. Gravelord Sword Dances for mass AoE to catch strafers. Greater Magic Barrier to defend against other spells. And while this one is probably on the 'to be debated' list, Vow of Silence if you just don't want the opponent's "superiority" in spells to happen. And while you seem to look down on healing, Faith builds would have access to Rejuvenation for pretty good, non-interruptible healing. Then there's Karmic Justice to fend off overly aggressive attackers. Faith has alot more to work with than just DMB and SLB.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:50 am

Reaperfan wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    Reaperfan wrote:

I know I just thought you might want to rule out GMB but when you put it that way Faith users have few options. I was thinking battle in an open area as opposed to btown arena. My bad.

Emit Force works well with it's AoE and is hardly any worse than the Fireball spells when used properly. Force still eats away at shield stamina, and can still be used like WoG is to interrupt actions of the opponent. Gravelord Sword Dances for mass AoE to catch strafers. Greater Magic Barrier to defend against other spells. And while this one is probably on the 'to be debated' list, Vow of Silence if you just don't want the opponent's "superiority" in spells to happen. And while you seem to look down on healing, Faith builds would have access to Rejuvenation for pretty good, non-interruptible healing. Then there's Karmic Justice to fend off overly aggressive attackers. Faith has alot more to work with than just DMB and SLB.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:08 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    Reaperfan wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    Reaperfan wrote:
    Yesuurd wrote:Wall of Text
    Wall of Text
    Wall of Text
    Wall of Text
    Just felt like quoting us then? lol!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:14 am

There was meant to be something below that. Ah well.

Anywho back to swords and stuff. I would like to see it in Sens. Would I have to hit NG+ to be more likely to be summoned?
    gekkyy

Post by gekkyy Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:55 am

Hi, Is it ok for me to join in? sl120 (though only been playing pvp for two weeks) i wield katanas mainly. With funneh build 88vit 16str and 20dex happy mom, giants sitting on 2.5k hp.
    Ignus-Dej
    Ignus-Dej
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Ignus-Dej Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:03 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:Would I have to hit NG+ to be more likely to be summoned?

If you want to be summoned you only need to match close to the hosts level nothing more. Hosting in a location requires to have the area boss still alive. Means, there must be enough hosts who who haven't beaten the Iron Golem in Sen's. I'm out of hosting in this area. My Iron Golem is dead and I'm in NG++ not willing to do another playtrough in that time.

Now I have to level up my character until week-end.

Last edited by Ignus-Dej on Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Questions answered by Baal-Avatar, Thnx.)
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:21 am

gekkyy wrote:Hi, Is it ok for me to join in? sl120 (though only been playing pvp for two weeks) i wield katanas mainly. With funneh build 88vit 16str and 20dex happy mom, giants sitting on 2.5k hp.

Tell me you're being sarcastic man. Look Skyward

I think I'm going to participate, don't know for sure yet but I think I'll join.

Last edited by Gol on Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:21 am

gekkyy wrote:Hi, Is it ok for me to join in? sl120 (though only been playing pvp for two weeks) i wield katanas mainly. With funneh build 88vit 16str and 20dex happy mom, giants sitting on 2.5k hp.
    everyone is always welcome at fc unless they've been unsporting on multiple occasions. your weapons are elemental i presume? you should probably be using a heavier weapon, any other kat user will buff & bait you into trading or dead angel you to death because they hit harder. you need a weapon that hits hard enough to discourage that. a claymore or halberd are good choices. Though this event rules out the halberd when you're there.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:32 am

I know thats what I'd try to do. Given you haven really optimised for a high damage build I'd try for a slugging match with you, given we use the same weapon types, and out damage you.

If I hit them I'll kill most pvp builds in 3-5 hits. But in FC I rarely hit them at all they're so quick.
    gekkyy

Post by gekkyy Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:24 am

Gol wrote:

Tell me you're being sarcastic man. Fight Club (SWORDS) - Saturday March 17th - 8:00PM EST 2707236321

Nah I'm not being sarcastic, reason for this build is for me to learn and live long enough to train parries avoid bs and so on. Only got 2weeks of pvp experience and enjoying it happy looking to learn more from experienced players than from all bs fishers in the burg. happy
    gekkyy

Post by gekkyy Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:01 am

Forum Pirate wrote:
    everyone is always welcome at fc unless they've been unsporting on multiple occasions. your weapons are elemental i presume? you should probably be using a heavier weapon, any other kat user will buff & bait you into trading or dead angel you to death because they hit harder. you need a weapon that hits hard enough to discourage that. a claymore or halberd are good choices. Though this event rules out the halberd when you're there.

Yes all my weapons are full lightning or fire, lgtn uchi, fire uchi, fire notched whip and lgtn notched whip winking (though theyre out of this, but fun to use happy ). got claymore aswell at full lgtn. I'll try and get some matches during this week with it see how it fits me. btw I thought dead angle only worked with weapons like scythe and halberds..
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:04 am

Let me try to answer some of the questions…

Level:
    Soul Level 120.

Once I verify tonight that I have character that can host on Sen’s roof, I will update the main page information. In case people do not know where this is, here are directions. In the tar pits where the titanite Demon’s are located there is a ladder that takes you up. There is a hidden wall at the top of the ladder with another ladder. This will take you to the roof. There is one giant up there you need to kill. This is the spot!

No Buffs:
    I am on the fence about this. The only issue I see is if someone is using a smaller sword and going against someone with over 2,000 hp. Not using buffs would make elemental weapons a viable option for the fights though. In general people in FC are there just to have fun and get better. I think buffs should be allowed, but if you do not see your opponent using them then maybe you should not either. I think we are all nice enough to do this.

Why Just Swords:
    This is just a fun idea for the night. My characters almost always use the Great Club and Demon’s Spear. After the last tournament was dominated by good players using swords, I think some people want to test the waters with a simple sword build. I plan on just 2-handing a sword and seeing what happens. I do not think I am going to do well at all, but I am hoping I learn from it. That being said, if someone really wanted to try out a weapon that is not a sword, I do not think anyone would really mind. I plan on bringing all of my normal weapons on backup just incase.

How to Join:
    Just lay down your red or white sign at the top of the ladder on Sen’s roof. Someone will summon you.

Hosts:
    If there was another player that could host that would be great. Let me know and I will add you.

Emergence:
    I hope this means you will be attending as well. I have heard you are good with a sword.

Yesuurd:
    I am looking forward to fighting some more.

Green and Reim:
    I hope you can make it as well!

I am done typing.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:06 am

The Crestfallen Warrior, Kirk, and Knight of Astora shall make an appearance! big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 9:17 am