Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+31
ofrost564
Spurgun
jabbasway
WyrmHero
BLA1NE
Maneater_Mildred
Grey-Ronin
mofomey
Carphil
Artorias
The Once-Ler
meridam99
dominoboy
reim0027
GrEeNgObLiN
Serious_Much
DanielCdable
Tolvo
Gol
gekkyy
bloodpixel
exandroide
Reaperfan
ViralEnsign_
Emergence
Forum Pirate
RANT
User
Ignus-Dej
Yesuurd
Baal-Avatar
35 posters

Fight Club (SWORDS) - Saturday March 17th - 8:00PM EST

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Fight Club (SWORDS) - Saturday March 17th - 8:00PM EST - Page 3 Empty Re: Fight Club (SWORDS) - Saturday March 17th - 8:00PM EST

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:00 pm

I only have smough's hammer...And 32 Str....I'll do it!
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Fight Club (SWORDS) - Saturday March 17th - 8:00PM EST - Page 3 Empty Re: Fight Club (SWORDS) - Saturday March 17th - 8:00PM EST

Post by Artorias Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:09 pm

Ok thank you for replying.
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:19 pm

meridam99 wrote:Idea for an event on the 24th or the week after. Boss Weapons only!

or low dmg weapons and no armor exept helmed?
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:20 pm

I liked both ideas, how about only +5 standard weapons?
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:31 pm

it makes the winning and fighting intresting if we all wear only a helmed and normal base weapons
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:36 pm

All Dragon bodies!
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:12 pm

I confirmed that I will be able to host on Sen's roof on Saturday. I have a character parked up there right now with a few elemental and +14 swords. It is a little longer to get the the arena area than Blighttown, but the space seems a little bigger and sunnier.

I am going to update the first page of this post with the final information.

Since it seems like there are quite a few people interested in participating, if anyone else would like to host let me know.

Meri and Green:
    Both of your ideas sound fun! Meri, go ahead and set one of them up. I will participate wherever and whenever you have it.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:58 pm

If need be, I can host. But, I want to fight as well. happy
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:09 pm

Baal-Avatar wrote:I confirmed that I will be able to host on Sen's roof on Saturday. I have a character parked up there right now with a few elemental and +14 swords. It is a little longer to get the the arena area than Blighttown, but the space seems a little bigger and sunnier.

Since it seems like there are quite a few people interested in participating, if anyone else would like to host let me know.

Meri and Green:
    Both of your ideas sound fun! Meri, go ahead and set one of them up. I will participate wherever and whenever you have it.

Just my 2 cents, but the sens roof is not close to a bonfire, so it may not be an ideal location (if you are talking about the area with the hidden giant). It would be feesable to use the area above the hidden bonfire though if someone has cleared the giant throwing the firebombs. That is a quick run up.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:11 pm

It's quick to get to. Kill the first 2 serpents, go to the narrow walkway, and jump to the left hand corner (and run like hell). The fall shouldn't kill you, and you are right nest to the ladder to the roof.
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:15 pm

reim0027 wrote:If need be, I can host. But, I want to fight as well. happy

It is up to you. I am going to host, but I plan on fighting also.

I messed around with some different swords tonight. I realized that I probably will not do well Saturday. The washing pole is my favorite. I love how fast the 1-handed R1 attack is. The Zwiehander is nice but so slow. I also upgraded a Barbed Sword and Dark Sword to +14. Plus I have some Black Knight swords leveled up. This should be interesting.

I also realized that the Great Club does not use that much stamina as compared to the large swords. I thought that was surprising. I was running out of stamina with my Zwiehander.

Last edited by Baal-Avatar on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:17 pm

The Once-Ler wrote:
    Baal-Avatar wrote:I confirmed that I will be able to host on Sen's roof on Saturday. I have a character parked up there right now with a few elemental and +14 swords. It is a little longer to get the the arena area than Blighttown, but the space seems a little bigger and sunnier.

Meri and Green:

Just my 2 cents, but the sens roof is not close to a bonfire, so it may not be an ideal location (if you are talking about the area with the hidden giant). It would be feesable to use the area above the hidden bonfire though if someone has cleared the giant throwing the firebombs. That is a quick run up.

I know the area you are talking about. Let me go and check it out and see how big it is. If it seems nice, I will move it to there.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:20 pm

Baal - we can share, swap off, if needed. And, that Sen's roof is easy to get to. Just have to take a big fall.
    mofomey
    mofomey
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by mofomey Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:28 pm

mofo will be there sword in hand, although not until 10pm est or later. will show to see if anyone is still around to cut me to pieces! cant wait
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:51 pm

mofomey wrote:mofo will be there sword in hand, although not until 10pm est or later. will show to see if anyone is still around to cut me to pieces! cant wait

I plan on being there for hours. So, people should be there when you show up.

Last edited by Baal-Avatar on Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:42 am

Katanas aloud?
    Grey-Ronin
    Grey-Ronin
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Grey-Ronin Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:54 am

I'll try and make it on Saturday as well.

To add another suggestion for a possible theme for Fight Club:

How about 2 v 2, two red phantoms versus host and a white phantom? It'd take a little longer to get organized each time, but think it could be really fun. I used to enjoy fair 2 v 2 in dark anor londo before it became a farmers paradise. I loved the chaos that would often occur. It also makes some spells that are pointless in a duel really worthwhile and some really interesting team combinations could be thought up.

What do people think?
    exandroide
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by exandroide Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:06 am

looking forward to the change of scenery...so dark in Btown!

it's been a while since i've been up there; does the giant respawn?
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:10 am

Grey-Ronin wrote:I'll try and make it on Saturday as well.

To add another suggestion for a possible theme for Fight Club:

How about 2 v 2, two red phantoms versus host and a white phantom? It'd take a little longer to get organized each time, but think it could be really fun. I used to enjoy fair 2 v 2 in dark anor londo before it became a farmers paradise. I loved the chaos that would often occur. It also makes some spells that are pointless in a duel really worthwhile and some really interesting team combinations could be thought up.

What do people think?

i like that idea as well, sens roof is big enough
    and 2 red 1host 1 white leaves no place left for any invaders?
    but what are the rules than 2vs 2?
    Grey-Ronin
    Grey-Ronin
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Grey-Ronin Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:02 am

The only hard rules for 2 v 2 would be no TWOP and chain back stabbing as they spoil a lot of fun, but everything else could work fine as there is usually a decent counter to every style. I'd leave it up to everyone to decided whether back stabs/hornets ring are allowed or not. If team FC was held at Sens then there is plenty of room to get out of the way of area effect spells.
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:22 am

GrEeNgObLiN wrote:Katanas aloud?

Absolutely.
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:29 am

I was yesterday busy farming in darkroot fir my new toon and i must honestly say that most invader laught at me with my claws. And FC did me good. Actually getting better and evading so most of them can hardly hit my. And if im almost dead i swap to my Great scythe and whip them mostly. Thx to practicing in FC. Exept fir those backstabbers
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:51 am

GrEeNgObLiN wrote:I was yesterday busy farming in darkroot fir my new toon and i must honestly say that most invader laught at me with my claws. And FC did me good. Actually getting better and evading so most of them can hardly hit my. And if im almost dead i swap to my Great scythe and whip them mostly. Thx to practicing in FC. Exept fir those backstabbers

First, I noticed you changed your avatar. It looks like a tough futuristic alien! I like the lower camera angle similar to your last shot as well.

I have problems with back stabbers also. The only time I PVP lately is in FC. I PVPed constantly in DS. It was a blast. I always get back stabbed in DkS. I am not very good at back-stabbing at the moment, so it takes the fun out of it for me. Maybe I will take some time to learn how to back stab better. I guess it could be fun.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:05 am

It will take practice but the best way to stop it is to recognise attempts and thats easiest to do by learning how to bs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpZeX-RCat8

Everyting you need to know. I'd be happy to practice with you, i've got base weapons lying around to use.
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:24 am

Forum Pirate wrote:It will take practice but the best way to stop it is to recognise attempts and thats easiest to do by learning how to bs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpZeX-RCat8

Everyting you need to know. I'd be happy to practice with you, i've got base weapons lying around to use.

Thanks for the link! I may take you up on the practice as well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:04 pm