Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+31
ofrost564
Spurgun
jabbasway
WyrmHero
BLA1NE
Maneater_Mildred
Grey-Ronin
mofomey
Carphil
Artorias
The Once-Ler
meridam99
dominoboy
reim0027
GrEeNgObLiN
Serious_Much
DanielCdable
Tolvo
Gol
gekkyy
bloodpixel
exandroide
Reaperfan
ViralEnsign_
Emergence
Forum Pirate
RANT
User
Ignus-Dej
Yesuurd
Baal-Avatar
35 posters

Fight Club (SWORDS) - Saturday March 17th - 8:00PM EST

reim0027
    reim0027

Fight Club (SWORDS) - Saturday March 17th - 8:00PM EST - Page 4 Empty Re: Fight Club (SWORDS) - Saturday March 17th - 8:00PM EST

Post by reim0027 Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:27 am

exandroide - that giant doesn't respawn.
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Fight Club (SWORDS) - Saturday March 17th - 8:00PM EST - Page 4 Empty Re: Fight Club (SWORDS) - Saturday March 17th - 8:00PM EST

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:08 am

Baal-Avatar wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:It will take practice but the best way to stop it is to recognise attempts and thats easiest to do by learning how to bs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpZeX-RCat8

Everyting you need to know. I'd be happy to practice with you, i've got base weapons lying around to use.

Thanks for the link! I may take you up on the practice as well.

Me too please! Im getting better avoiding it but still every time dies by backstabbers
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:18 am

I'll definitely help if you catch me on PSN. My id is the same as it is here. I'm not the greatest by any means but i can do them all so you can learn to spot the attempts. The only one i'd say i'm really good at is the lock bs. Its the easiest to do/stop but i've gotten fairly good at setting up chances for them. ex, running attacks with most any weapon are likely lo end in a lock or roll bs.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:29 am

Forum Pirate wrote:I'll definitely help if you catch me on PSN. My id is the same as it is here. I'm not the greatest by any means but i can do them all so you can learn to spot the attempts. The only one i'd say i'm really good at is the lock bs. Its the easiest to do/stop but i've gotten fairly good at setting up chances for them. ex, running attacks with most any weapon are likely lo end in a lock or roll bs.

ahhh so you know the art of BS? count me int then I wanna test my skills with yours...
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:39 am

GrEeNgObLiN wrote:
    Baal-Avatar wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:It will take practice but the best way to stop it is to recognise attempts and thats easiest to do by learning how to bs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpZeX-RCat8

Everyting you need to know. I'd be happy to practice with you, i've got base weapons lying around to use.

Thanks for the link! I may take you up on the practice as well.

Me too please! Im getting better avoiding it but still every time dies by backstabbers

Hmm me to!
    Last time i practiced with yesuurd right? Or was it wym with fist
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:45 am

Define 'know the art'. i can do them all, including counter, but pivot and counter are hit or miss (mostly miss) as i need more practice. its the lock and roll i'm good at. Mostly because i fight with my head so i set them up. Piviot is not really set up friendly and my counter is still to slow. i just poke them instead of countering and take no damage in duels. working on the pivot parry too. again, to slow. I'm by no means bs god, i can only teach the basics of doing/ defending against them and practice with you. for the advanced stuff you'll need a different teacher and/or a lot of practice.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:58 am

Forum Pirate wrote:Define 'know the art'. i can do them all, including counter, but pivot and counter are hit or miss (mostly miss) as i need more practice. its the lock and roll i'm good at. Mostly because i fight with my head so i set them up. Piviot is not really set up friendly and my counter is still to slow. i just poke them instead of countering and take no damage in duels. working on the pivot parry too. again, to slow. I'm by no means bs god, i can only teach the basics of doing/ defending against them and practice with you. for the advanced stuff you'll need a different teacher and/or a lot of practice.

Nah nobody is god, just saying I usually use bk knife bs style play in forest outside of FC pvp so I wanna see
    if I am as good as I think I am and see other people's skill, would be cool to practice bs in a group.

Bs and parry are skill and luck and you have to measure your opponent, I made the mistake of trying to run BS towards Reim many times and he always managed to counter, many of the forest folks do not know much about bs so you can take advantage but Reim knew that there is an easy way to counter this by backstepping for example....
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:01 am

There's somme skilled guys in the forest, like.. me. Well What is it
    We could have that duel we should've had earlier now, if you want.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:18 am

Its actually easier to lock bs more advanced players. Fake an attempt a few times (as in back out a second early or just running attack the sword hand) as long as they cant counter bs you, you're good. Then when they start swing punishing, roll bs through heavy weapons or poise stab the small ones. Its hysterical to punish people for punishing bs attempts.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:27 am

Forum Pirate wrote:Its actually easier to lock bs more advanced players. Fake an attempt a few times (as in back out a second early or just running attack the sword hand) as long as they cant counter bs you, you're good. Then when they start swing punishing, roll bs through heavy weapons or poise stab the small ones. Its hysterical to punish people for punishing bs attempts.

Lol Pirate did you read your post?
    1-I't actually easier to lock bs more ADVANCED players.
    2-You just do this,this,this,that,this.

Less advanced players you just backstab and that's it.

Not that I don't agree with what you said but just the part
    that it's easier on advanced players, u see.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:32 am

Rofl. I ment compared to mediocre players who just defend and never try to punish. Probably should have made that clearer though.
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:08 pm

Baal-Avatar wrote:
    GrEeNgObLiN wrote:I was yesterday busy farming in darkroot fir my new toon and i must honestly say that most invader laught at me with my claws. And FC did me good. Actually getting better and evading so most of them can hardly hit my. And if im almost dead i swap to my Great scythe and whip them mostly. Thx to practicing in FC. Exept fir those backstabbers

First, I noticed you changed your avatar. It looks like a tough futuristic alien! I like the lower camera angle similar to your last shot as well.

I have problems with back stabbers also. The only time I PVP lately is in FC. I PVPed constantly in DS. It was a blast. I always get back stabbed in DkS. I am not very good at back-stabbing at the moment, so it takes the fun out of it for me. Maybe I will take some time to learn how to back stab better. I guess it could be fun.

Thx untill i find another fun weapon i will upgrade my avatar again
    Cu saturdaynight
    dominoboy
    dominoboy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by dominoboy Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:19 pm

I'll be there; hope someone summons me!! [or else I'll think y'all *******]
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:38 pm

Also have an idea. In the upcoming weeks we can try all using the same weapon, some weapon that everybody can handle. Or a choise of 3 weapons. So just for testing skills.
    Or in left hand a spearweapon and right hand a sword?
    Just suggesting
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:55 pm

Sorry about the no show in the last fc event... Life has a way of kicking you when your down.

So if its swords only this time im gonna pass, as not many swords i want to use in my left hand.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:57 pm

GrEeNgObLiN wrote:Also have an idea. In the upcoming weeks we can try all using the same weapon, some weapon that everybody can handle. Or a choise of 3 weapons. So just for testing skills.
    Or in left hand a spearweapon and right hand a sword?
    Just suggesting

Great idea!
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:59 pm

I'm always down for sparring, or practicing techniques. Learning to BS, IMO, is the best way to avoid being BS. So, feel free to hit me up.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:14 pm

Btw I am at Btown right now if anyone wants to come down....
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:17 pm

Maneater_Mildred wrote:Sorry about the no show in the last fc event... Life has a way of kicking you when your down.

So if its swords only this time im gonna pass, as not many swords i want to use in my left hand.

Hey Mildred, you can use a shield in your left hand! We would love it if you could show up.
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:38 pm

It was just suggesting. Just had a great single run. In darkroot farming alone. 10 flask and frol SL 45 to 69 FC has done me good. You get suprised actually how most people play
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:41 pm

Guys can you help me my guy has 50 int 41 end 40 vit 16 str 16 dex and i have 3 more points to spend what would be the most useful?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:44 pm

Artorias wrote:Guys can you help me my guy has 50 int 41 end 40 vit 16 str 16 dex and i have 3 more points to spend what would be the most useful?
    What weapons are you using?
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:45 pm

R1-MLGS

R2-Velkas rapier

L1-Moonlight butterflyhorn

L2-TCC
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:06 pm

I would put it into Int then.
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:20 pm

Ok thanks

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:48 pm