Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Can someone explain world tendency?

Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Can someone explain world tendency? Empty Can someone explain world tendency?

Post by Wade_Wilson Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:15 am

What is world tendency? What does it do? How do I reset or fix it if it happens? My copy of DS came without a manual so I dont know what world tendency is.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Can someone explain world tendency? Empty Re: Can someone explain world tendency?

Post by Serious_Much Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:50 am

world tendency is how bright the stones are on your menu screen. They range from pure white to pure black. As it gets darker, the enemies become harder and do a lot more damage to you.

If you are playing online, the tendency every time you turn on your console will be set to the average tendency of your region. It will then be free for you to manipulate but will then change back to the average if you turn the console off and on again.

There are unique events that only happen at pure white or pure black tendency and you need to use these event to get all the trophies (if you really care about that)

here's what the demon's wiki says about it: http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/world-tendency
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Can someone explain world tendency? Empty Re: Can someone explain world tendency?

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:04 pm

Is there a manual for Demon's? Mine didn't come with one either. Another important aspect of world tendency is the darker the tendency the better items and item drop rates enemies have. So if you're farming you're better off doing it in pure black. Also it isn't just events that happen in pure white/black but there are quite a few items you can only get in one or the other, like the Dragon Bone Smasher.

IMO character tendency is the negligible one. To my knowledge there are only two things you can get for pure white/black tendency. Each yields it's own ring, and they can be useful, but I don't think they're worth the trouble.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:26 pm

I can confirm there is a manual, I got one and i bought mine new.

pure white/black gets you rings? didnt know that silly

to be honest character tendency is only useful for certain weapons which scale with it. You'll find them. eventually silly

also plastic I count the thing to get that bone smasher as an event personally tongue
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:51 pm

The world tendencies are sort of like a mini-game, you need to shift them to pure white or black to trigger certain events if you want certain items or storyline developments. To shift a world towards white, beat a boss (you may have to beat several to get pure white). To shift it towards black, die in human form in that world (note that you need to go back to the nexus to reset the level after dying to get the effect to show up in your menu indicator for that world). Dying in spirit form doesn't change anything, so people trying to get white world tendency tend to try to do it in soul form in case they die along the way. Dying in human form in the nexus also doesn't change anything, so people often purposefully suicide there to switch back to soul form without altering any world tendencies. They run up the stairs and jump off, if you watch online you will see phantoms doing this all the time, and see bloodstains etc.

If you play online, as Serious said the worlds will shift somewhat automatically depending on online play factors you can't control, so if you are trying to get pure white or dark world tendency for a specific world it is much better to play in offline mode so you can control everything yourself.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:59 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    pure white/black gets you rings? didnt know that silly

to be honest character tendency is only useful for certain weapons which scale with it. You'll find them. eventually silly

Yeah, pure white character tendency nets you the Friends Ring, while pure black gets you the Foes Ring. I forgot about the character tendency scaling weapons. But there's also only two, (well three if you count the Northern Regalia) and they're exactly the same except one scales with black tendency and one scales with white tendency. So in reality it doesn't really matter which side your tendency is leaning towards because you can just use the one that matches it. Also the NR is just a combo of the two. I personally think there are better weapons anyway. I think character tendency might also affect how you function in multiplayer to a degree. I'm not positive on that though. Like darker tendency makes you stronger as an invader, while lighter tendency makes you a stronger summon. That's exactly what the two CT rings do also. IMO it really doesn't make too much of a difference. It's really tough to purposely alter your CT to where you want it too. In 3 complete play throughs I've only gotten those rings once, and it took way longer than it was worth.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:44 am