Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Shungi
WyrmHero
SmittyRomps
7 posters

build feedback plz

SmittyRomps
    SmittyRomps
    Casual
    Casual

build feedback plz Empty build feedback plz

Post by SmittyRomps Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:52 am

Lol, yeah another one of these.

Starting class Cleric

Sl 120- 40 vit, 14 att, 40 end, 50 str, 20 dex, base int, base res, 20 faith

Gear: childs mask, havels gloves, bk chest and legs, havels ring, wolf ring, msgs, demon machete, tower knight shield.

Spells: karmic justice, great heal, fire surge

Now my question isnt so much about gear, im sure theres better comboes and all that. Im more looking for feedback on the stats since at sl 110 i had my vit/end/str/fth where i wanted it so i threw the rest into str but i wanna know if those ten points would be more effective in vit or even fth to get more miracles. Ive seen videoes of people with 50 str and they seem to do well but that could be pre patch.

Also, sorry about the base stat thing, doing this off the top of my head at work lol.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

build feedback plz Empty Re: build feedback plz

Post by WyrmHero Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:46 pm

You should have put them on faith, at 30 you would be able to have Sunlight Blade or Darkmoon Blade for you demon machete. WoG is nice too.
    SmittyRomps
    SmittyRomps
    Casual
    Casual

Post by SmittyRomps Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:32 pm

Yeah ive read about all those. Figured if i wanted a buff i could just carry resin but thats a little more annoying then having a spell buff all the time. Ive heard a lot of bad things about wog though and im not sure i wanna be one of those guys lol. This build im actually working on right now, i mapped it all out for what i want but just wanted to get feedback before i screw up and have to start a new toon and do blightown again *shudder*
    Shungi
    Shungi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Shungi Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:59 pm

Well I have to agree with WyrmHero, to me 20 faith is kinda wasted if you are only going for Karmic Justice (btw you need 24 faith for Great Heal).

I would probly lower Str to 40 (1H req for DGM) and raise Faith to 30 for SLB/DMB buff and WoG, or not bother with Faith at all and put the points in Vitality.

About WoG, its not lame. What most people dont like about it is how its being used, meaning some players like to spam it alot, however its not that hard to dodge it.
    What I'm trying to say is dont ignore a good miracle just because some people dont like it.
    SmittyRomps
    SmittyRomps
    Casual
    Casual

Post by SmittyRomps Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:12 pm

Yeah i understand, itd be nice to have the option and then just not spam it. The advice is good and ill make the fth thirty so my miracles will be effective. Thanks guys
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:16 pm

I second the motion on aquiring one of those two buffs along with raising the faith and lowering the str. I know you aren't entirely looking for it but might I suggest a small shield? If all you are doing is blocking for PvP you are going to be in trouble since most shields can easily be gotten around with certain weapons, or merely movement.

As for which buff to use with it that's a tough one, Darkmoon Blade I'm pretty sure can be negated with GMB, but they would have to take the time to cast it and have it in slot. Sunlight might be better in a practical sense because of that but most players for PvP have high Lightning resist and a good anti lightning shield. But that's just some stuff you weren't asking about.

I say raise the faith ten and lower the str ten. WotG's is also a very useful spell to carry, it can help in dealing with people who gang up on your or giving you space when you need it. Just don't spam it, as mentioned if used successively it become incredibly easy to dodge like any attack.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:24 pm

I agree w/ everything everyone else has said, lower Str by 10 and get Fth to 30 for WoG, Darkmoon Blade, and Sunlight Blade
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:58 pm

20 dex is a waste, the most you should have is 10 specially since you're using weapons that don't require dex, if you did it to use the bk weapons I. Don't think its worth it since they can't be buffed. Just get your fai to 30 and use slb cause most people have a much higher res to magic than lightning.
    SmittyRomps
    SmittyRomps
    Casual
    Casual

Post by SmittyRomps Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:03 pm

Yeah, the original plan for the build was to use bk weapons but that was before i found out about better options. The shield can be switched, i was thinking grass crest and then i could pull off the childs mask, i just put black iron cause i like how it looks and i use greatshields for pvp. But smaller shield saves me weight. And i was thinking slb since it scales with fth and talisman and all that, but i got some research to do.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:13 pm

If you're gonna pvp use the crest shield, specially since the big weapons drain your stamina a lot, I use the dark hand cause its good for parrying and gives me more room to wear better armor. I have a paldinn build and youj really should stop at 40 str, mine has 50 because I wanted to one hand the grant which turned out to be a disapointment damage wise since people have high magic res, I love thbat thing though, specially for pve.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:41 pm

SmittyRomps wrote:Lol, yeah another one of these.

Starting class Cleric

Sl 120- 40 vit, 14 att, 40 end, 50 str, 20 dex, base int, base res, 20 faith

Gear: childs mask, havels gloves, bk chest and legs, havels ring, wolf ring, msgs, demon machete, tower knight shield.

Spells: karmic justice, great heal, fire surge
    What are your goals with this build? I'll assume PvP, based on the forum you posted in. From what I know, Karmic Justice doesn't work well in PvP. Great Heal can be helpful between PvP fights, but not during a fight.

I agree that 50 Str is too high, 20 Dex, and 20 faith is too low.

You will be a poise tank, 100 (assuming you meant black knight armor instead of black iron). But, you will be medium rolling (with MSGS) or fat rolling (DGM). 100 poise is too high, especially with the roll speed sacrifice you are making.

IMO, you don't need anything more than 77 poise. At 77, you won't be stunlocked by ultra greatswords (unless they land a second hit on you).

My $0.02

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:32 am