Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
berkut
Forum Pirate
PlasticandRage
Maneater_Mildred
Whknight
Serious_Much
10 posters

Elite knight Poise Query Thread

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Elite knight - Elite knight Poise Query Thread Empty Elite knight Poise Query Thread

Post by Serious_Much Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:47 pm

Hey all, finally got around to sending my query to From and Namco Bandai (both EU and US). Hopefully I will get a response in the near future.

This thread I've created to post their replies for you all to read since this is something we're doing as a community, I'm just organising it I suppose. (I'll be glad if it's not a non-responsive flop though silly)

Feel free to post anything relevant in here, lets all wait together big grin

This is the enquiry I sent:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a member of an international community of players who actively help others on the game you help distribute: Dark Souls.

There is an armour set, the Elite Knight set that has come to the attention of our members that this set has varying values for the poise stat depending on what system and what region you are from, post patch 1.05.

This is my raw data which I collected for the chest piece only (to simplify, the chest version correlates with the rest of the set), Elite Knight Poise Survey Results:

EU PS3: 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20

EU Xbox: 15, 15

Americas PS3: 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 20, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15

Americas Xbox: 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20

Australasia PS3: 20

Australasia Xbox: 20

Japan PS3: 20, 20, 20

In general, in Europe the PS3 version has 20 poise and Xbox has 15, whilst in the Americas, this is reversed. The poise value in Japan is 20 whilst in Australasia, both seem to be 20 (though my data is lacking, as you can see in some areas)

My question is why is this the case? Why does this value vary and is this a 'true' variation? Is it implemented or simply a visual on screen numerical error?

Thank you for reading this and I hope for a swift response. Also If this question is directed at the wrong people, could you please let me know who I should contact with my query?

With Many Thanks,
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Elite knight - Elite knight Poise Query Thread Empty Re: Elite knight Poise Query Thread

Post by Whknight Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:24 pm

Really can't wait to get an answer for this mystery.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Elite knight - Elite knight Poise Query Thread Empty Re: Elite knight Poise Query Thread

Post by Serious_Much Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:25 pm

same, i wanna know if it's actually an effected error, or just a visual one mostly. I'd keep using it anyway since it looks good but, yeah head scratching in motion at the moment bounce
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:22 am

/Me starts holding breath........
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:38 am

Wow. You must be really bored.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:54 am

Mildreds been holding her breath for 4 1/2 hours now......someone want to make sure she just passed out and isn't lying in the swamp somewhere?
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:53 am

Do not hate me for this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20Vbp9rxjs0
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:08 am

:silent:
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:17 am

Damn. I think she's hollow guys, she can't speak.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:20 am

What is this thread about anyway?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:22 am

Serious emaild from about the elite knight armors poise variance and posted his findings/ will post their response here.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:00 am

Car, you were there while I was doing the survey! silly

anyway yeah just as forum said, Ill be posting the responses to the community's findings here, but considering the nature of the question the response may take a while to come through, or even may not even receive response besides and emergency 1.06 patch lol!
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:26 am

I know I was at the survey, but I thought you would post in that thread

And after reading the lasts posts of this one, I thought I was in the wrong thread or something

Anyway, hope they give an answer quicly
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:41 am

no car, Fex locked the old one to prevent further posts of data, otherwise id never be able to get it together and send it to them silly
    Opedak
    Opedak
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Opedak Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:18 pm

Oh Good! I use this set so I'd like to know happy
    Even though no matter what the answer is nothing will get me to wear anything else >.>

Nothing else!!!
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:19 pm

Good point about the possibility of it just being a display error rather than implemented at 15 poise. Unfortunately, given my extensive experience with being stunlocked and cut in half by ultra greatswords I am pretty sure the 15 poise pieces (which I have) are indeed implemented at 15.

Candidly, it is really weird the things they patch/nerf, and the things they don't. Some people's elite chest pieces have their poise dropped for no apparent reason (they were not OP), yet you can still pivot backstab someone from the front, and bb glitch up 198 slabs. Sure, why not
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:33 pm

*still holding breath bump*

:oops: < face turning purple.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:49 pm

LOL indeed, like i said, would probably take a long time to reply due to the nature and content of the question, though im starting to doubt they'll reply now :|
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:53 pm

Would be a shame if they didn't considering how much effort you put into this...
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:00 pm

They are running around right now, thinking 'CRAP how did we not spot this.'

They will admit nothing, then next thing you know... Patch and a mail saying nope they all have 20.

Keep eyes open for secret 5kb patch! winking

Enigma5991
    Enigma5991
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Enigma5991 Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:10 pm

Some extra poise would make the game a bit easier after the garden for some people.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:48 pm

haha I think I said before somewhere, if they dont reply and bring out a 1.06 patch that brings them all up/down to the same level, I'm taking the credit silly
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:48 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Car, you were there while I was doing the survey! silly

anyway yeah just as forum said, Ill be posting the responses to the community's findings here, but considering the nature of the question the response may take a while to come through, or even may not even receive response besides and emergency 1.06 patch lol!

found it silly
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:17 pm

Right then, it's been a week and still no reply, so I'm feeling the worst: I'm not gonna get a response.

has anyone else tried to contact FROM or Namco before and gotten a response?
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:35 pm

May sound silly but I know from experience it can happen, did you send it from an email account that could be deemed "unprofessional", usually anything that isn't yourname @ whatever? Had to actually call an office because the email I had sent was regarded as spam, or something. Which I can see, due to one of the bad reps my handle has.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:19 am