As the community continues to grow, we are looking for new moderators to help us maintain this civil and friendly.
To apply to be a moderator you must first fulfill the following conditions:
1. Be over 18 years of age. (this is not negotiable)
2. Have had more than 100 forum posts on wikispaces/here or have high PSBoards reputation
3. Have no warnings or outstanding issues with current moderators.
If you fulfill the above, then please answer these questions in a PM to me and Emergence:
- What do you think you would contribute to the moderating team?
- What do you think your number 1 job as a mod is?
- Do you speak and write fluently in any language other than English?
- What hours do you generally post (Pacific Time)?
- What kind of experiences do you have in working in a team environment?
- Name one thing about the boards that you would change, if you could.
- Have you ever moderated a forum or chat arena before? If so, describe your experiences.
- Have you ever applied to moderate on this forum before? If so, when?
- Are you over 18 years old?
- You have banned someone, and another moderator lifts the ban before the time you set has elapsed. What do you do?
- A friend of yours also posts on the boards and posts something just skirting the rules. You check his admin notes and discover that he's been warned repeatedly about this same issue in the past. What is your response?
- A friend comes to you complaining that he has been banned by another moderator, and wants you to find out why. Upon further investigation, you discover that you believe the ban is unjustified. How do you handle that?
- A poster makes a post with a minor language violation, bypassing the language filter, and you have to edit it and give him a warning. Please post the contents of that warning:
- You find a player using the forum handle “Wikisucksass”. If you sent the player a private message regarding this handle, what would you say, and what actions would you take?
*Obligatory lolcat to make serious post not so serious*