Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
RANT
Toastfacekillah
mugenis4real
reim0027
8 posters

Anyone addicted to making builds?

reim0027
    reim0027

Anyone addicted to making builds? Empty Anyone addicted to making builds?

Post by reim0027 Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:02 pm

I know I am. I love planning them. I love trying to min/max at 120. I love figuring out the best way to make the build, which levels to do when, etc. I've made so many. Each time I make one, I think: "this's the one, it'll be perfect." Each time, I'm wrong.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Anyone addicted to making builds? Empty Re: Anyone addicted to making builds?

Post by mugenis4real Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:09 pm

Well my friend...me and you are in the same predicament. I currently have 8 toons with enough souls each to level up to 120 but I'm so affixed on the "perfect" build that I don't even know what to do with them. But as you saw in one of my earlier posts, Iv'e made an incredible Int/faith build using the Moonlight Greatsword which I will be posting tomorrow.

Last edited by mugenis4real on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Toastfacekillah
    Toastfacekillah
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Toastfacekillah Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:11 pm

Me- after about 250 hours + I still haven't even completed the game yet. Just keep building different characters because theres so much I want to try out.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:11 pm

It is so bad, I'll remake an entire toon if I missed even one point.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:12 pm

same here, ive erased so many i lost count of how many ive actually have made, and i find it funny that i keep making all these build then test for one day then make another one. my two faves are my two faves are my 27str/50fai dragon build and my 50str/30fai paladin leeroy build, those two i'll never delete/
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:14 pm

how do you make so fast i build? it takes my many time to get it to 120??farming in forest is quickest way

edit another question? why is my post so large? i try to make it smaller but no affect
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:16 pm

I have a complete mule. That helps satiate my extreme need to make another build.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:16 pm

I love making new builds, but for much less efficient reasons lol. I don't usually try to min/max for overall effectiveness, but I start with a theme in mind, whether that be NPC mimic builds or sticking to a particular weapon for an entire playthrough, and seeing how effective I can make that theme. As of this post, I'm currently piecing together Havel, Ornstein, and Gwyn mimic builds, as well as a caster who simultaneously weilds Velka's Talisman and the Tin Darkmoon Catalyst happy

Would an Ornstein build be better off being a DEX/FTH buffing build? Of course, but the point of my builds are more to test how effect CAN an Ornstein build end up becoming. There's just something fun in testing out underrated things, and I can take pride in knowing that I'm one of the few people I've ever seen to say "screw stats, I'll one-hand Smough's Hammer just to see what it's R2 is!" (it's pretty disappointing btw sad)
    Toastfacekillah
    Toastfacekillah
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Toastfacekillah Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:20 pm

GrEeNgObLiN wrote:how do you make so fast i build? it takes my many time to get it to 120??farming in forest is quickest way

No it isn't. PW - Chest head/Silver Serp ring/Firestorm or wog - blast Phalanx's over and over. It's pretty boring but fast. I can normally level a character to 120 in about 6 or 7 hours play.
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:03 pm

6 hours??? So fast?
    Toastfacekillah
    Toastfacekillah
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Toastfacekillah Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:01 am

Yeah - each run takes about 30 secs and you get approx 10K in souls. So over a 1 million per hour. Total soul cost is aound 3.5 million to 120 so only 3.5 -4 hours of doing this can get you there. Personally I get bored so I just kick back and do 1 hour a time. The rest of time is spent getting the stuff you need unless you BB it.
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:03 am

30 sec in forest?
    Toastfacekillah
    Toastfacekillah
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Toastfacekillah Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:16 am

Time it - I bet each run takes you longer than 30secs bofire to bonfire- the Hunters never cooperate every time, causing delays. Just doing a few runs, it won't make much difference but for the long haul. it all adds up. Try PW method and you'll see.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:23 am

Just PVP farm in the forest, summon somebody and next thing you know your rolling in souls.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:31 am

mugenis4real wrote:Just PVP farm in the forest, summon somebody and next thing you know your rolling in souls.

Surely though isn't it contradicting the point of the build if you're gonna use a PvP build to go gank invaders?

I know it can net souls fairly fast, but there are other ways that are swifter without the controversy of ganking PvP
    Toastfacekillah
    Toastfacekillah
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Toastfacekillah Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:44 am

mugenis4real wrote:Just PVP farm in the forest, summon somebody and next thing you know your rolling in souls.

Personally I would rather get them through fair means, and not at someone elses expense. But hey, thats just me.
    barecanvas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by barecanvas Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:50 am

Ive made over like 7 different unique builds on the game. I have to host pvp for them thought because all the cheese on the game
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:07 am

Serious_Much wrote:

Surely though isn't it contradicting the point of the build if you're gonna use a PvP build to go gank invaders?

I know it can net souls fairly fast, but there are other ways that are swifter without the controversy of ganking PvP

Just until he can PVP on his own.
    barecanvas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by barecanvas Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:27 am

mugenis4real wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:

Just until he can PVP on his own.
    That never happens on darksouls

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:17 pm