Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Grey-Ronin
Danthuyer
ViralEnsign_
VampyreAlchemist
8 posters

Builds for Sorcerer?

VampyreAlchemist
    VampyreAlchemist

Builds for Sorcerer? Empty Builds for Sorcerer?

Post by VampyreAlchemist Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:25 am

I am making a new toon I plan on running through the game with, and I plan on using Sorcery. Any builds, because I am traveling into unknown territory... I would prefer high "Int" builds along with "Faith".
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Builds for Sorcerer? Empty Re: Builds for Sorcerer?

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:32 am

Mine is going to be a crystal knight build.

Basically Full Crystal Armour with Havels Rings for the fast rolls and one of the sorcery boost rings.

Armament can include any Crystal weapon +5 r +15 Weapon as both run the Crystal Magic Weapon Buff.

I'd want about 50 Int for an Int build for the devastating soul spears and homing soul masses.

30 Vit and End for baseling Pvp survivability. From there its a matter of choosing your weapon preferences and going either STR or DEX.

Dex in my case for katanas and BSS/Long blades as I'm rping a character for a book I want to write.
    Danthuyer
    Danthuyer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Danthuyer Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:43 am

My first attempt at a INT/Faith build has been interesting none the less.

I went 44 int straight off the bat so i could use souls spear and crystal soul spear as soon as i got them. make sure you also get logans tin catalyst (remember that it 1/2 # of castings) as it scales the best with this amount of int. Personally I didnt go to 50 int as i didnt see a read need to use crystal dragon breath thingy as reading it was a cool 'trick' only.

Make sure you also get socery ring from grim dude in lower burg after you free him and match it up with crown of dusk for that extra kick happy

if you are feeling game you can also use a light armor and wear dusk crown ring to bring your # os casts back to normal @ 1/2 your HP wich really turns you into a glass cannon!

As far as other stats I have placed a few points into dex/str to be able to wield an adequate melee weapon for when spells are just too slow or wont cut it.

All in all I am enjoying the int/faith build and it is alot of fun to play and it KICKS !!! 4 kings bottom so hard it hurts !!

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Bellowing+Dragoncrest+Ring
    http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Dusk+Crown+Ring
    http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Armor#Light%20Armor-Antiquated%20Set
    http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Tin+Crystallization+Catalyst
    Grey-Ronin
    Grey-Ronin
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Grey-Ronin Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:26 am

I have a pure caster that I really enjoy using. Not that great in honourable Fight Club duels, but for general PvP catches heaps of people off guard with the variety of spells.

Wanderer SL125

VIT 35
    ATT 19
    END 10
    STR 10
    DEX 44
    RES 12
    INT 50
    FAI 28

Rings: Ring of the first born and FAP

Right Hand 1: Logan Catalyst or Crystal Tin
    Right Hand 2: Velka's Rapier
    Left Hand 1: Velka's Talisman
    Left Hand 2: Target Shield

Armour: Dusk Crown and full wanderer's set +10 (fast roll)

Miracles: Wrath of the Gods and Emit Force (maybe greater magic barrier instead of Emit Force)
    Spells: White Dragon Breath, Homing Crystal Soul Mass and Crystal Soul Spear.

Also thinking about using Karmic justice instead of Emit force but haven't had a chance to use in PvP yet.

The 44 dex is to get close to max spell casting. Many people will say that White Dragon Breath is a waste of time, but the key to using it is to not use lock on. Because it shots in a straight line across the ground you can start casting then redirect it towards where your opponent will be rolling to. Great fun. If opponents get in close whip out a WoG that packs a huge punch. Not much stamina is needed because you'll never really swing your sword. Stamina will be used only for rolling. The rapier and target shield are there to try and get parries if desperate or to trick people into thinking that then pulling out the duel wielding spells.

Wish I could fit in more attunement but the build is pretty tight as is.
    Katakato
    Katakato
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Katakato Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:48 am

Sorcerer SL 116 Build

This is the Scorcerer build i am currently using.

INT is at 44 just to get Crystal Souls Spear, raising it to 50 wouldn't increase DMG all that much but it would give you access to White Dragon Breath which i am not to fond of.

The 40 Dex is for faster casting (on all offensive magic) & additional DMG with Velka's Rapier your main weapon with this build.

16 STR is ONLY here if you want to use Moonlight Greatsword.
    You can always go for lower STR & increase INT or ATT

19 Attunement is the bare minimum i would go for any caster heavy build and in my opinion you should always mix Pyro spells with your Scorceries.

Items you should include are:
    Crown of Dusk
    Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring
    Moonlight Greatsword
    Moonlight Butterfly Horn
    Channeler's Trident
    Velka's Rapier
    Logan's Catalyst
    Tin Crystallization Catalyst

This is mostly a PvP build but any PvP build is also great in PvE especially Magic based ones.
    It's a really fun build but takes time to master it.

For PvP i would also suggest using Wolf Ring or Dark Wood Grain Ring so you can stack some Poise.
    You are running with very low END so either Wolf or DMGR to get that desired Armor up for higher Poise.

Besides the weapons i listed you can get any +5 Enchanted or +15 (Great Scythe works great) & enchant it with Crystal Magic Weapon.

I tried to make a INT/Faith build but i didn't like it.

Have fun happy
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:20 am

Yeah, Grey, that WoG got me a couple times last night. I didn't expect it on a sorcerer.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:22 am

Grey-Ronin wrote:I have a pure caster that I really enjoy using. Not that great in honourable Fight Club duels, but for general PvP catches heaps of people off guard with the variety of spells.

Wanderer SL125

VIT 35
    ATT 19
    END 10
    STR 10
    DEX 44
    RES 12
    INT 50
    FAI 28

Rings: Ring of the first born and FAP

Right Hand 1: Logan Catalyst or Crystal Tin
    Right Hand 2: Velka's Rapier
    Left Hand 1: Velka's Talisman
    Left Hand 2: Target Shield

Armour: Dusk Crown and full wanderer's set +10 (fast roll)

Miracles: Wrath of the Gods and Emit Force (maybe greater magic barrier instead of Emit Force)
    Spells: White Dragon Breath, Homing Crystal Soul Mass and Crystal Soul Spear.

Also thinking about using Karmic justice instead of Emit force but haven't had a chance to use in PvP yet.

The 44 dex is to get close to max spell casting. Many people will say that White Dragon Breath is a waste of time, but the key to using it is to not use lock on. Because it shots in a straight line across the ground you can start casting then redirect it towards where your opponent will be rolling to. Great fun. If opponents get in close whip out a WoG that packs a huge punch. Not much stamina is needed because you'll never really swing your sword. Stamina will be used only for rolling. The rapier and target shield are there to try and get parries if desperate or to trick people into thinking that then pulling out the duel wielding spells.

Wish I could fit in more attunement but the build is pretty tight as is.

I like this build, though I think I'd stop at 44 for Int, drop dex to 40 and increase att to 23, which would also keep it at SL120. I've actually been toying w/ this idea for a while, and it may be my next build.

The more I play this game the more I realize that I have the most fun w/ magic vs melee, which is the complete opposite of what I enjoyed in DeS... weird.
    zappo

Post by zappo Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:44 pm

How do you get through the game with 10 end? I had a lot of trouble killing some bosses with magic, and had to use an enchanted weapon instead. With 44 dex I assume that's the plan, but how do you ever manage to switch to a weapon without getting staggered by the first attack that you block? Or do you just have to dodge every attack?
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:11 pm

zappo wrote:How do you get through the game with 10 end? I had a lot of trouble killing some bosses with magic, and had to use an enchanted weapon instead. With 44 dex I assume that's the plan, but how do you ever manage to switch to a weapon without getting staggered by the first attack that you block? Or do you just have to dodge every attack?

If you can't kill them w/ magic you can usually kill them w/ fire. Maxed out pyro is almost a requirement for casters, especially int only casters.

You almost don't need any End for a PvE caster.
    Grey-Ronin
    Grey-Ronin
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Grey-Ronin Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:32 pm

I like this build, though I think I'd stop at 44 for Int, drop dex to 40 and increase att to 23, which would also keep it at SL120. I've actually been toying w/ this idea for a while, and it may be my next build.

The more I play this game the more I realize that I have the most fun w/ magic vs melee, which is the complete opposite of what I enjoyed in DeS... weird.[/quote]

Trust me when I say that white dragon breath is underrated. I usually have WoG mapped just after white dragon breath. I cast white dragon breath while locked on. The opponent will normally role to the side then I lock off, cast dragon breath again and attempt to manually target and predict where they will roll to. because of the direct line of casting manual targeting isn't so hard. If I hit it will usually do at least 700-800 damage. If I miss then a quick change to WoG when they move in closer to give them a blast. I only really use Crystal Soul Spear on PvE to take out big foes quickly.

I also think the difference between 40 and 45 DEX is still important. Casting needs to be at its fastest.

Just figured that you can start as a thief and get an extra soul level to play with because STR starts at 9 and no STR is need in this build.

@Reim
    Are you sure that was me you were fighting? Haven't played since last Saturday Fight Club and only used swords.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:26 pm

Really? Maybe it was Wyrm then. Probably was. Strange to have 2 mages wielding WoG as well.

Sorry for the mistake.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:34 am

Grey-Ronin wrote:
    AceLuby wrote:I like this build, though I think I'd stop at 44 for Int, drop dex to 40 and increase att to 23, which would also keep it at SL120. I've actually been toying w/ this idea for a while, and it may be my next build.

The more I play this game the more I realize that I have the most fun w/ magic vs melee, which is the complete opposite of what I enjoyed in DeS... weird.

Trust me when I say that white dragon breath is underrated. I usually have WoG mapped just after white dragon breath. I cast white dragon breath while locked on. The opponent will normally role to the side then I lock off, cast dragon breath again and attempt to manually target and predict where they will roll to. because of the direct line of casting manual targeting isn't so hard. If I hit it will usually do at least 700-800 damage. If I miss then a quick change to WoG when they move in closer to give them a blast. I only really use Crystal Soul Spear on PvE to take out big foes quickly.

I also think the difference between 40 and 45 DEX is still important. Casting needs to be at its fastest.

Just figured that you can start as a thief and get an extra soul level to play with because STR starts at 9 and no STR is need in this build.

@Reim
    Are you sure that was me you were fighting? Haven't played since last Saturday Fight Club and only used swords.

I hate white dragon breath. It takes FOREVER to cast, much rather use those 6 points for something else, and the only reason I took the 5 points out of Dex was for a SL120 build as opposed to SL125. For me, part of the fun of builds are the little sacrifices you have to make here and there to keep your build under 120.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:39 am