Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
DxV04
Yesuurd
Forum Pirate
Boltz
Tolvo
WyrmHero
ted1023
11 posters

I Need to develop a killer instinct.

ted1023
    ted1023
    Addicted
    Addicted

I Need to develop a killer instinct. Empty I Need to develop a killer instinct.

Post by ted1023 Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:26 pm

Yesterday I was in Anor Londo, My friend had signed off so I figured I'll get some PvP time. Well it isn't to long my first invader came at me with a spear man I hate spears..lol I ended up rolling into his attacks and countering pretty well and ended the fight quickly.

Now there is probably only one weapon that gives me more trouble than Spears and that's the Great Club. Wouldn't you know it the next Invader is wielding a DMB buffed GC. Here I am with my little katana +15 with no buff. I have only face about 7 club users and only survived 3. Well, we engage, I know I have to be quick cause trading blows with him will surely not end well for me.

He charges and does an r2 move that I have never seen before in very quick succession he slams the club to the ground 3 times in a row barely missing me.

Then BAM! I Take on the chin for 692 damage. I counter with a thrust for 339 damage so I start evading and hitting and running which I could tell was pissing him off cause he started chasing and making risky mistakes so at this point I have more than 3/4 of his life down then Bam again, rolling BS. Now we are about even with about 300 hp points left Then I land another slash for 123 damage.. I'm thinking I could end this now with a WOTG blast.. But I don't want to do it cause so far in the fight, it's been pretty fair, I even excepted the BS cause it was a desperation move on his part at least he didn't have the hornets ring. Well as I decide to let the fight play out good or bad .BAMMMM!!! WOTG in my face .."YOU DIED".. I need to get meaner..lol
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

I Need to develop a killer instinct. Empty Re: I Need to develop a killer instinct.

Post by WyrmHero Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:36 pm

LOL
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

I Need to develop a killer instinct. Empty Re: I Need to develop a killer instinct.

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:42 pm

Sadly I see this happen from time to time in duels, but I rather not simply kill them out of the chance that they are about to do the same. I would let one guilty man go to save any who were innocent.
    Boltz
    Boltz

Post by Boltz Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:41 am

You shoulda seen it coming as soon as he bsed you. Hes one of those players who is honorable and fair...well...at least until they are about to lose...and then comes the spam and backstabs and mob luring and flasking yada yada.

I think it's some kinda self preservation instinct that just clicks in a persons head. They forget it's a GAME and dieing is not really the end of the world.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:53 am

@Boltz I bs and use wog all the time. Its not unfair excluding excessive lag.

@Ted yeah probably, being kind doesn't win fights anywhere but kids tv shows.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:58 am

LOL, Ted you are truly an honest man...your actions are commendable, but why don't you get that honorable sense by going to FC instead, it's dangerous for you to be thinking like that in the open world, if you don't use the WOTG the other will and knowing you, you probably only have one cast and will not spam it.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:01 pm

Like we say he who hits first hits twice. cheers
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:19 pm

Same here, op. I go so far as to allow my invaders to heal if they want to. One guy in Anor Londo healed not 5 steps in front of my guy. I thought that if he had that kind of nerve I'd let him. I was way low on health but didn't estus. When he finished healing he bowed, then whacked me twice with his big old ax and killed me.
    lorenzo110
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by lorenzo110 Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:56 pm

I have to agree with Yesuurd. Its commendable that you are fighting with honor and a sense of nobility in the game but its best to do that in fight club environs and not in the expansive DKS world. I only have had one fight where the guy fought with a sense of honor. He wore leather armor and had a rapier with no buff or any spell spam. He invaded a friend of mine and being a sunbro I helped but Bud dispatch this guy. He was one hell of an invading fighter who fought with tons of skill and brains. Never seen anyone like him since to be honest. Nearly killed both of us and he never made any BS attempt at all. Unfortunately I was able to line up a blast from avelyn while he jumped in to slash my friend while I was blocked by him standing behind. Never seen a fighter like that since or now. All I ever see are buffers, wrathers, tankers and every other fighter that needs some kind of ring or special equipment to fight. Me included. Who ever he was he is the only guy I would ever call a great fighter. From all my wins and losses no fighter has ever gained my respect more then this guy. Period. It takes a special fighter, both skilled and confident in their abilities, to face two or three people at a total disadvantage with the odds so grossly against you. No buffs, spells, rings, or special armor...only skill. They are truly fearless. Just my opin...
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:24 am

Did op say the invader spammed wog? I don't really see the problem with casting one wog to finish off a person, casting 3 or 9 at a time.. okay yeah what the hell.

But its no different than using a single combustion or a avelyn burst to finish off your opponent in my mind.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:53 am

Yeah...... by your logic killing 3 fully armed, armored, lvl 713 people at once naked, with your bare hands at sl 1 is the only way any player is ever skilled or honorable.

thats rediculous on the face of it.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:55 am

same here, every time i get invaded or i invade someone that clearly just started pvp'ing i kinda feel bad and just let my guard down completely which leads to me getting killed a lot but i dont really care, i usually send them a gg.
    ted1023
    ted1023
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ted1023 Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:56 pm

Yukon wrote:Did op say the invader spammed wog? I don't really see the problem with casting one wog to finish off a person, casting 3 or 9 at a time.. okay yeah what the hell.

But its no different than using a single combustion or a avelyn burst to finish off your opponent in my mind.

Sorry I just got back to this post..

No, I think you missed my point. I never said he spammed WOTG..My whole point was that if I had more of a killer instinct, I would have done it first rather than debate about doing it..lol The way he won was fine with me he acted where I hesitated.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:22 am