Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
alchemydesign
AnCapaillMor
Micha369
7 posters

How to develop your stuff in further games (ng++ ...)

Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

How to develop your stuff in further games (ng++ ...) Empty How to develop your stuff in further games (ng++ ...)

Post by Micha369 Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:07 pm

hello folks,

now I'm in ng++ and all the enemies become stronger and in ng+++ this will continue.

Because I think I already have pretty good weapons I ask myself whether it is possible to upgrade my weapons further to have some balance between my equipment and the enemies that become stronger.
    Or what can I do to have some arguments against the even  more powerful enemies?
    Only further leveling? Only putting points in dex or strength or int?

It is known that the best dex-weapon is BSS+15, what I already have for a long time of course. So what can I do? Leave the way of dex-char and invest in int or in something else?

Thanks for your help.

Best wishes

Last edited by Micha369 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

How to develop your stuff in further games (ng++ ...) Empty Re: How to develop your stuff in further games (ng++ ...)

Post by AnCapaillMor Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:10 pm

If you're going to upgrade via stats, go int or faith and use the buff spells, i'd say int as you get multiple casts of the int buffs where as you only get 1 with darkmoon or sunlight blade.
    alchemydesign
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

How to develop your stuff in further games (ng++ ...) Empty Re: How to develop your stuff in further games (ng++ ...)

Post by alchemydesign Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:26 pm

Plus when you go int you can actually CAST sorceries to supplement your weapons, CSS is pwn, along with Pursuers.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:35 pm

Hornets Ring and a rapier.

Strong Magic Shield for int builds.

Snipe more.

Speed run though everything you're comfortable with.

A +5 chaos short sword and +15 heater shield is all I really used up til ng++.

Good luck mate.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:40 pm

Get a bigger weapon than the BSS. The Mura is a beast at 40 dex and hits much harder, and if you're also pumping strength(as I assume you are if you keep pushing past NG+) then go quality and get a big weapon like Greatsword, or use the crazy AR's from strength weapons and go with something like a Great Club or Greataxe/Demon's Greataxe.
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:37 pm

Level up int. Dark bead + dusk crown + bellowing dragoncrest ring + RTSR + power within + manus catalyst = win.
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:45 am

I got used to BSS+15 and Murakumo+15. And I like both weapons.
    They both scale with A along with Dex.

There is a certain increase in the enemies strength from ng+ to ng++, from ng++ to ng+++ and so on. Is it possible to follow this increase in strength by increasing my dex in a moderate way?
    I doesn't want to increase my dex to much to make up for this.

Let's say my dex is 55. So I have a certain dex induced dmg bonus.
    Now I change from ng++ to ng+++. How much do I have to increase my dex to make up for the higher power of the enemies?
    This truly is a pretty theoretical question but interesting anyway.

Thanks for your reply.

Last edited by Micha369 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:13 am

Diminishing returns starts at 40 in any scaling stat, and past 50 it becomes increasingly less fruitful to put anything into it. Like I said, your best bet is to start increasing strength as well and going with a big quality weapon. I'm at NG++++ and it's starting to be a "my two-shot vs their two-shot" kind of thing against most mobs.

Also invest points into int and faith, you won't believe how much buffs can help you out at higher NG+ levels.
    Zyrrashijn
    Zyrrashijn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Zyrrashijn Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:20 am

afaik, your AR won't increase much further beyond the 40s of the respective attribute. So you have to catch up with strength or buffs and foremost: skill.
    Equipment is boss in NG and NG+ but it falls behind swiftly on the way to NG+7.
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:25 am

But what for examble does this mean:

"With 99 Strength and Dexterity, the attack rating of a +5 weapon will be 420."

found here:
    http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Silver+Knight+Straight+Sword

For me this means that the dmg always increases with the attribute.
    The question is the relation between the attribute and the scaling effect. This suerly isn't a linear function. But can anybody tell us a more precise rule or function between both variables? Or is there a sharp dent in the graph at dex 40 or 50 so that the increase for dex higher then 50 is very low or even tends to zero?

Last edited by Micha369 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
    Zyrrashijn
    Zyrrashijn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Zyrrashijn Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:28 am

i think the bonus gained for every additional point approximates 1 the further you go up to 99 from 40
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:39 am

No, it's not that you don't get any increase past 40/50, it's that the amount of points invested to increase your AR significantly decreases, meaning you need to pump more points for less AR. If you have no interest at imposing a level cap and intend to keep leveling, do yourself a favour and get every stat(except resist lol) to 40 before you decide to keep leveling. The only two stats that are visibly useful past 40 is vit and end as you'll always get more HP and equip burden, and that number increases dramatically with the ring of Favor and Protection as you increase them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:10 pm