Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
JY4answer
WyrmHero
RANT
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Tolvo
Imarreteet23
lucanious
11 posters

great lord sword and other boss weapons enchant

lucanious
    lucanious
    Regular
    Regular

great lord sword and other boss weapons enchant Empty great lord sword and other boss weapons enchant

Post by lucanious Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:11 pm

anyone else think that some of these should be enchantable?
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

great lord sword and other boss weapons enchant Empty Re: great lord sword and other boss weapons enchant

Post by Imarreteet23 Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:19 am

Imo they'd be waaaay to op if one could enchant them. But thats just my opinion.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

great lord sword and other boss weapons enchant Empty Re: great lord sword and other boss weapons enchant

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:32 am

I do sort of wish Gwyn's sword could have a fire effect like the fury sword, but buffing the Great Lord sword would make it incredibly overpowered considering you can stunlock with it.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:21 am

golem axe? or maybe the chaos blade katana (it sucks your life, it needs a buff of some kind) also there is a buffable boss weapon: the dragon bone fist.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:24 am

DBF is the only only one i think needed a buff, it would suck so bad if it didnt, the other weapons are very useful in certain situations.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:32 am

Priscilla's Dagger, Lifehunt Scythe sad
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:41 am

Most weapons that can't be buffed are like that for good reasons, to me at least. That's why they made the Silver Knight Sword buffable in 1.05

Those that aren't buffable like boss weapons and some unique weapons all have special abilities or effects, and are pretty good on their own.
    lucanious
    lucanious
    Regular
    Regular

Post by lucanious Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:48 am

the reason i mentioned the greatlord sword is because the man serpent greatsword does more damage and can be buffed. i think that it should be a bit better since it cant be buffed. lifehunt scythe needs a buff (though i still rock with it cause of the dead angles) pricillas dagger, chaos blade, drake sword, and gravelord sword all could use a buff or atleast more damage in my opinion. maybe better scaling, i just think for being soo cool they need to be equally useful. atleast matching other, more easily obtained weapons
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:04 am

Hey, that's the price of looking cool my friend. 8)
    Glueguy
    Glueguy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Glueguy Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:39 am

When I first started playing I was really disappointed at the boss weapons. I didn't care for any of them (except vanilla crystal ring shield) but the more i play and the more I play against good opponents I realize that the actual numbers of weapons matter much less than in most games. I've crunched the numbers over and over and certain weapons just stand out as "better" than others in their catagory. But I can't tell you how many times I've just been straight wrecked because the weilder of the weapon is experienced with it.

Untill recently the dragon slayer spear was considered useless. Someone just rocked me with it this morning. I think most, if not all the boss weapons have a place. Some might find their place in the "looks ballin" catagory but when it really comes down to fights a 100 damage difference is just in your head. The best man will come out on top most of the time. and very, very rarely will that amount of damage make or break the game.

This post really only pertains to 1v1 organized situations. If you forest pvp you need to use the best of the best or be ridiculously skilled to win regularly. With all the 3v1's and bs campers the little numbers matter. But in our fight club, I got my face smashed by greengoblin, I had a slb greatscythe with 50 faith and 40 dex. He had a claw and grass crest shield. He just straight outplayed me.

I've also got killed by gwyn's sword more than once. one thing I am noticing, if someone has a boss weapon outside of MLGS, DSS, or an artorias sword they likely know whats going on and are very good with it. I've started to be really careful around boss weapon holders.
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:32 am

^ I second that.

For instance, Quelaag's Fury sword. It scales with dex and humanity, and if 2 handed it has a long, wide sweep and its really quick. The 3.5 weight also helps a lot.

Chaos blade may cause 20 damage to yourself, but the great moveset (minus r2), high damage powered by dex and humanity, extra reach and stunlock ability more than makes up for it.

The Great Lord Greatsword has such a high base damage low str/dex wouldn't matter too much, and the 10 weight means its great at stunlocking. Rocked for a bit with this one too.

Priscilla's Scythe causes bleed so quick you wouldn't beleive it.

Each dragon weapon has its own special move involving ground blasts.

And these are just the one's that I've tried. The more I play the less I like buffing. It makes me anxious to utillise it as much as I can before it runs out, and usually makes me so annoyed by turtles or runners I get wreckless. The fact that people would use cheap tricks they don't normally use also adds to it. If anything, I won't be buffing anymore, at least outside of FC.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:51 am

In my opinion, the GLGS is the only one that really needs enchantablility. The rest of the unique weapons have something interesting such as the Butterfly Spear's full magic damage, the Dragonslayer Spear having scaling lightning damage, or the Iron Golem Axe and the Dragon weapons having special R2s. Things like Smough's Hammer make up for unenchantability by simply being so grossly powerful (at minimum requirements to one-hand, Smough's Hammer has ~630 damage) that being able to buff it with a spell would easily break it in terms of balance. Despite what JY has said, the GLGS is, in the end, weaker than other greatswords in terms of damage, and really doesn't have much in terms of uniqueness over other Greatswords besides its R2 attacks, which are at best unwieldy and risky to use. Besides, the only reason anyone wants to buff it is so they can put fire resin on it and go full role-play in Gwyn's robes, so I think it deserves it happy
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:07 am

Glueguy wrote:When I first started playing I was really disappointed at the boss weapons. I didn't care for any of them (except vanilla crystal ring shield) but the more i play and the more I play against good opponents I realize that the actual numbers of weapons matter much less than in most games. I've crunched the numbers over and over and certain weapons just stand out as "better" than others in their catagory. But I can't tell you how many times I've just been straight wrecked because the weilder of the weapon is experienced with it.

Untill recently the dragon slayer spear was considered useless. Someone just rocked me with it this morning. I think most, if not all the boss weapons have a place. Some might find their place in the "looks ballin" catagory but when it really comes down to fights a 100 damage difference is just in your head. The best man will come out on top most of the time. and very, very rarely will that amount of damage make or break the game.

This post really only pertains to 1v1 organized situations. If you forest pvp you need to use the best of the best or be ridiculously skilled to win regularly. With all the 3v1's and bs campers the little numbers matter. But in our fight club, I got my face smashed by greengoblin, I had a slb greatscythe with 50 faith and 40 dex. He had a claw and grass crest shield. He just straight outplayed me.

I've also got killed by gwyn's sword more than once. one thing I am noticing, if someone has a boss weapon outside of MLGS, DSS, or an artorias sword they likely know whats going on and are very good with it. I've started to be really careful around boss weapon holders.

Normally i uses Great Scythe to cause that one of the weap i m pretty good with it. But it was our first encounter that night.Claws are my swap weapons.
    You ll get better playing more with us!
    Luckely i remember your psn from wiki so i could send u an invite.
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:04 am

Reaperfan wrote:In my opinion, the GLGS is the only one that really needs enchantablility. The rest of the unique weapons have something interesting such as the Butterfly Spear's full magic damage, the Dragonslayer Spear having scaling lightning damage, or the Iron Golem Axe and the Dragon weapons having special R2s. Things like Smough's Hammer make up for unenchantability by simply being so grossly powerful (at minimum requirements to one-hand, Smough's Hammer has ~630 damage) that being able to buff it with a spell would easily break it in terms of balance. Despite what JY has said, the GLGS is, in the end, weaker than other greatswords in terms of damage, and really doesn't have much in terms of uniqueness over other Greatswords besides its R2 attacks, which are at best unwieldy and risky to use. Besides, the only reason anyone wants to buff it is so they can put fire resin on it and go full role-play in Gwyn's robes, so I think it deserves it happy

Who wouldn't want the GLGS to have flames! great lord sword and other boss weapons enchant 3596227959

But seriously, my GLGS does at least 150 dr more than my claymore +14, 2 handed with 20 str and 45 dex. Again the stunlock is ridiculous.
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:18 am

The Great lord greatsword doesn't need any buff, it's a very good greatsword, just nor for str builds.
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:19 am

Gol wrote:The Great lord greatsword doesn't need any buff, it's a very good greatsword, just nor for str builds.

With D scaling with str and dex, it relies a lot on base damage, so its actually everyone's weapon great lord sword and other boss weapons enchant 639795459
    lucanious
    lucanious
    Regular
    Regular

Post by lucanious Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:03 pm

well im going to make a poll about this weapon then because we seem relatively split on it.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:10 pm

Reaperfan wrote:In my opinion, the GLGS is the only one that really needs enchantablility. The rest of the unique weapons have something interesting such as the Butterfly Spear's full magic damage, the Dragonslayer Spear having scaling lightning damage, or the Iron Golem Axe and the Dragon weapons having special R2s. Things like Smough's Hammer make up for unenchantability by simply being so grossly powerful (at minimum requirements to one-hand, Smough's Hammer has ~630 damage) that being able to buff it with a spell would easily break it in terms of balance. Despite what JY has said, the GLGS is, in the end, weaker than other greatswords in terms of damage, and really doesn't have much in terms of uniqueness over other Greatswords besides its R2 attacks, which are at best unwieldy and risky to use. Besides, the only reason anyone wants to buff it is so they can put fire resin on it and go full role-play in Gwyn's robes, so I think it deserves it happy

Uh, I don't know about you, but my MLGS does only Magic Damage reaper, if someone does GMB I switch out to a rapier, as well you can stunlock with it and as a high int toon I deal around 500 damage per hit and can stun lock with it, so I find it is incredibly overpowered and as a gravelord I save it only for when I get group invaded.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:33 pm

Tolvo wrote:Uh, I don't know about you, but my MLGS does only Magic Damage reaper, if someone does GMB I switch out to a rapier, as well you can stunlock with it and as a high int toon I deal around 500 damage per hit and can stun lock with it, so I find it is incredibly overpowered and as a gravelord I save it only for when I get group invaded.

Good points showing why the MLGS doesn't need to be buffable. I don't remember mentioning it in my post though, so I'm kinda wondering why you quoted me for that lol :|

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:08 pm