Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
FruitPunchNinja
Tolvo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
ARSP
Robotech
aprilmanha
aceluby
Rin
WyrmHero
Wade_Wilson
deadagain
WarriorOfSunlight
PsychoCT
JY4answer
Johannsny
skarekrow13
PPG-3-
DxV04
Griever
Holy_Knight
24 posters

Ending ****Spolier Alert****

aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Ending ****Spolier Alert**** - Page 2 Empty Re: Ending ****Spolier Alert****

Post by aceluby Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:20 pm

aprilmanha wrote:I felt that the endings simply made all you have done insignificant. Its like saying, well done, you worked harder then you ever have before and won... so now your reward is to get to do it again but things are harder.

Its like a Job but without the pay rise you get for a promotion big grin

How do you add 'significance' to a game that focuses on gameplay and challenges? Think back to the NES days with games like double dragon, ninja gaiden, or even the original mario brothers? The draw is the gameplay, not the ending.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:26 pm

the dark lord ending is more satisfying than the fire linking one imo.... and if you want deep story check out the lore/ archives section of this forum!
    aprilmanha
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by aprilmanha Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:15 pm

aceluby wrote:
    aprilmanha wrote:I felt that the endings simply made all you have done insignificant. Its like saying, well done, you worked harder then you ever have before and won... so now your reward is to get to do it again but things are harder.

Its like a Job but without the pay rise you get for a promotion big grin

How do you add 'significance' to a game that focuses on gameplay and challenges? Think back to the NES days with games like double dragon, ninja gaiden, or even the original mario brothers? The draw is the gameplay, not the ending.

Just because thats how it used to be does not make it a good thing. And besides Some games had good endings even with the little tech they had to do them. First example I can think of is Streets of Rage, that always had a nice slideshow to finish the game off. Not much but concludes plot points that were raised earlier.

Of course the gameplay was more important then anything else, but plot helps encourage progression for more then the sake of progression. I really looked forward to seeing how the plot would work out, but until I went elsewhere and read the wiki, I had no idea what was going on for the most part.

Like why on earth is there a dragon in a magical land under the sewers of the city? Especially when it was pointed out in the very first cutscene that all the dragons were dead?

Or maybe the point that dragons are immortal, and that's why seath went insane poisoning himself with crystal to become immortal as well. But then how come the dragons were killed off?

Gahh there are plenty of things I could talk about but I'll stop there I think.

I love the game for its Gameplay but its plot is just a mess to me.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:28 pm

It's one of my favourite endings to a game actually, but I understand it isn't for everyone. As a writer, I just enjoyed every aspect and small things that many do not notice in the ending. The music, Gwyn's hollowment, this lonely altar like area, a single guardian, just everything weighed so heavily upon me. The ending greatly depressed me, and I love it for it. Again, I see why you guys might not like it. But to me, this was the perfect ending. Hell, I kind of would rather had the game end before you leave or link the bonfire.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:40 pm

if you thought that gwyn was easy you should see demon's souls final boss.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:31 pm

Griever wrote:On my first playthrough I wasn't dissapointed with the last boss or ending but I was dissapointed with the last area.

I thought they could of made it a lot harder/longer. Its taken you all that time to get to the kiln I was expecting an epic area with lots of tough mini-bosses.

What about 1 titanite Demon (stronger than others) guarded by 2 Black Knights with Swords. Then 1 TD with 2 BK with Greatswords. Then 1 TD with 1 BK with a Great Axe and 1 with a Halberd. And finally, a Black Phantom titanite Demon.

Oh my god that would be so cool.
    Danthuyer
    Danthuyer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Danthuyer Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:39 pm

I'm sorry but the mention of chuck norris at the end of this stopped me from reading any further sad

sorry to hear you didnt enjoy the last boss, but I hope you enjoyed the 'game' at least ?

and I'm sure many of others will tell you that the better ending is if you simply walk out the way you came in !
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:42 pm

If you reallywant an ending check out Acidic;s thread in the archives forum. That will give you some answers.
    justwant2play
    justwant2play
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by justwant2play Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:35 pm

I agree with some of the other posters. The Demon's Souls final boss was a joke. You'd expect that they would design the last boss as being the toughest SOB in the game.

Lord Gwyn was harder than King Allant, but still, I think they could have made the last stage longer and more difficult. It's like they just added the last area because they were in a rush to just finish making the game.
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:59 am

you know if your so devastated about the simplesty of the souls ending that you need to post about it why dont you just stop playing the game i completed drs well over 20 times i gave a lot of my time to that game and i met a lot of good friends while plaing it if the ending is so horrible to you that after 100 hours you no longer feel rewarded try to find a new hardcore online rpg
    aprilmanha
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by aprilmanha Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:54 am

Rin wrote:you know if your so devastated about the simplesty of the souls ending that you need to post about it why dont you just stop playing the game i completed drs well over 20 times i gave a lot of my time to that game and i met a lot of good friends while plaing it if the ending is so horrible to you that after 100 hours you no longer feel rewarded try to find a new hardcore online rpg

Its like watching an amazing action movie, with huge set pieces and amazing acting all the way through only when the good guy finally bursts in to the room with the final bad guy boss, he turns to the camera and just says, "and then I kill the baddie, the End" and the film fades to black.

It does not mean that the rest of the game(movie) was bad, but this huge climatic build up its been working towards just does not happen leaving you feeling like its not really finished and a bit empty. Its still a good game, its just no epic tale which I got to take part in... its JUST a game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:58 pm