Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Glutebrah
Psycofang
theAnimus
k0rruptid
justwant2play
Toastfacekillah
LowTierFTW
djgq42
Carphil
Serious_Much
meridam99
strangejoy
C7081
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Scudman_Slayer
Deadmeat95
aceluby
Akatik
Nitos-Apprentice
23 posters

Bottomless Box Glitch Haters

aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Bottomless Box Glitch Haters - Page 2 Empty Re: Bottomless Box Glitch Haters

Post by aceluby Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:15 pm

C7081 wrote:Well of course it doesn`t take 50 hours to finish the game after you know everything, but after I got to Kiln with my mage he was SL 80. Since there are a lot high lvl guys at Kiln I could not win many matches and because of that I couldn`t level to 120 as well.
    Going to NG+ Kiln would mean even more time spent.
    I like PvE and enjoy co-op a lot, but if I want a char only for pvp then I rather pick the quicker route through bb-glitch.
    It`s not like I invade as SL 1 with max equipment or never gonna take on challenges like a low SL run and stuff again, but right now PvE is pretty uninteresting for me.

I'm not understanding the point of this. How is the BB glitch faster if you couldn't level up to 120 on NG w/ a non-BB glitched character? At that point in the game you should have max equipment anyway. How does the BB glitch help you in any way after Anor Londo?
    C7081
    C7081
    Casual
    Casual

Post by C7081 Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:24 pm

aceluby wrote:
    I'm not understanding the point of this. How is the BB glitch faster if you couldn't level up to 120 on NG w/ a non-BB glitched character? At that point in the game you should have max equipment anyway. How does the BB glitch help you in any way after Anor Londo?
    Uhm I have 99x Gwyn souls to level up to 120 as soon as I get the box. Then I just kill the important bosses and collect the spells for my mage.
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:41 pm

You will get this thread locked as it is getting close to discussing how the BB Glitch works.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:43 pm

[quote="C7081"]
    aceluby wrote:Uhm I have 99x Gwyn souls to level up to 120 as soon as I get the box. Then I just kill the important bosses and collect the spells for my mage.

dude stop saying stuff which outlines how the glitch works in any way, you'll get the thread locked up.
    C7081
    C7081
    Casual
    Casual

Post by C7081 Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:45 pm

Serious_Much wrote:

dude stop saying stuff which outlines how the glitch works in any way, you'll get the thread locked up.
    Only answered his question, but of course I will be quiet now.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:45 pm

C7081 wrote:
    aceluby wrote:
    Uhm I have 99x Gwyn souls to level up to 120 as soon as I get the box. Then I just kill the important bosses and collect the spells for my mage.

Yea keep talking about this you will lock this thread -__-
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:47 pm

Wait how the hell do you get to have 99 Gwyn souls anyway?...... :|
    Toastfacekillah
    Toastfacekillah
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Toastfacekillah Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:49 pm

Yeah - knowing the mechanics of the glitch, I find this very surprising as you'd still need to beat the game 99 times.
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:54 pm

[quote="Serious_Much"]
    C7081 wrote:
    aceluby wrote:Uhm I have 99x Gwyn souls to level up to 120 as soon as I get the box. Then I just kill the important bosses and collect the spells for my mage.

Cole Sear: You ever feel the prickly things on the back of your neck?
    Malcolm Crowe: Yes.
    Cole Sear: And the tiny hairs on your arm, you know when they stand up? That's them. When they get mad... your post has been ninja'd
    C7081
    C7081
    Casual
    Casual

Post by C7081 Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:56 pm

First you want me to shut up now you want to know more? lol
    Just something simple non-glitchy: You can drop anything online and let a summoned phantom collect it. Now you only need a few friends... winking

(Not only Gwyns x99 but ANYTHING you can have, including 800+ weapons with any upgrade path possible)
    justwant2play
    justwant2play
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by justwant2play Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:57 pm

I did my first BB glitch with one of my characters. On the other hand, I did not go invading newbies at Undead Burg using this advantage (actually, I was playing as a white phantom helping others most of the time).

If the glitch is there I don't see it as a problem as long as you don't go exploiting it by being a grief to new players just trying to get a hang of things early in the game.

Last edited by justwant2play on Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:57 pm

Oh right I got ninja'd by two people...
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:58 pm

not shut up, just not allude to things that are central parts to the glitch. Your input is appreciated, gives me someone to debate with silly

and yeah meridam, i got ninja'd lol happens so much to me as i take ages to post anything XD
    Nitos-Apprentice
    Nitos-Apprentice
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Nitos-Apprentice Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:37 pm

I have in fact done a low level playthrough but I want to do a playthrough as a roleplayed character. If I killed all the bosses at alow level because I didnt have the gear then I wouldn't be doing a roleplayed playthrough.
    k0rruptid
    k0rruptid
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by k0rruptid Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:35 pm

people have 99gwyn souls because of a glitch. either manually did it to a save file offline then took it online and duped everything over to another char.

seen people on live stream do it, literally every single piece of armor, upgraded fully, every single weapon, upgraded fully, every single ring, every shield, 99 of every item (even divine blessings, as fast as green blossom and heals 100% and all status effects almost instantly).

lots of people on live stream are duping it for everyone else, and creating dedicated mule characters to dupe for other people.

basically meaning you can make ANY build as quick as humanly possible.

saw this on xbox, and recently saw it on the ps3 version.
    k0rruptid
    k0rruptid
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by k0rruptid Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:36 pm

let us dub it, the EXTREME bottomless box-ish glitch.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:37 pm

thats a horrendous glitch... getting 99 of everything upgraded?

stuff like that just ruins the game lol
    k0rruptid
    k0rruptid
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by k0rruptid Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:40 pm

as the guy talking about it said, which i forgot to mention, every possible upgrade path for ALL weapons, so literally, ANY build. lol.

all maxed as well, which regular players will never get on a single character without like 100 playthroughs and years of farming titanite slabs.

so yeah, horrible glitch for sure. this is more of a hack than anything. as doing it legit and still using the bottomless box, this still isn't possible.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:46 pm

It can be done on PS3 when it's a hack :|

Dont tell me im gonna start seeing modders popping up everywhere with 100000 health...
    k0rruptid
    k0rruptid
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by k0rruptid Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:52 pm

ive only seen that on xbox version, via streams of it.

im guessing for ps3 you can only edit save files offline, so you hack 1 brand new character, with every item, then dupe them to a brand new charatcer, then that character im guessing could be taken online because its save game hasn't been edited.

so i doubt unlimited health is possible online on the ps3. unless it actually gets hacked online.
    theAnimus
    theAnimus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by theAnimus Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:22 pm

I really love that sig. It's mindblowing.
    Psycofang
    Psycofang

Post by Psycofang Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:16 pm

What i dont get is why do people waste their time hating on the glitch? Ive personally never used it, yet i can see its uses. I mean beating the game so many times to just make a build turns the game into a boring tedious grinding session, beating the same old bosses, killing the same old monsters and doing the same old runs and possible re runs just to make another build and not screw up your stats. that gets kinda...I dont know...boring? tedious? annoying? makes you wanna just say F*** it and not even do it anymore?

I understand put effort and the rewards come naturally, but whats the point of putting in so much effort to meet the same end as the other guy wo used the easier less time consuming way? Say the BB user wanted to use it to get to sl 120 only for fair pvp? Would you call him a cheater, hate them, and say he/she sucks at pvp simply because he/she used the faster method to meet the same end? Griefers? they will always be there, pyro makes that too easy to beat the game at a low level. Doesnt matter if the BB was there or not, and maybe its just me but I havent see any decrase or increase in griefers. I personally havent seen and increase and ive made quite a few new low level toons.

Do you have any real statistical proof that they have increased? Or did someone make a theoretical post saying griefers are going to have a field day and everyone (not really everyone but the general) just followed the hate and jumped the gun a bit. Im not telling you how to play or how to feel about it, im just wondering why care? If i fought a BB griefer , which i have quite often i THINK, I wouldnt care, I wouldn't feel the need to talk down about them, or hate them. I just move on man.

But then again we all have our own views and opinions, maybe I typed too much. You dont even gotta read this post, just typin my thoughts.
    k0rruptid
    k0rruptid
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by k0rruptid Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:04 am

^it is definatly true creating a griefer is easier, think of it this way, before the glitch, "griefers" needed to beat 4 kings at low lvl, now they can transfer 99 cracked orbs repeatedly and invade a level 1 character.

but the boss isn't all that hard early on anyway, id argue that it could help them learn about the game more. watched someone grief before, and he said the "noob" would ask questions, like wtf just happened, what weapon was he using, where do i find it, ect.

somewhat a fitting welcome to dark souls.

maybe its the duty of vets to teach dem noobs.
    Psycofang
    Psycofang

Post by Psycofang Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:31 am

Id agree with you, i remember my 1st time getting griefed i found his katana most impressive. duel weileding lightning and fire made my day. I asked and the person proved most helpful and quite nice about it.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:34 am

using it to grief is lame. using it for fast leveling to make a new higher level pvp character or as a "respec" aint to bad imo

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 9:58 pm