Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Glutebrah
Psycofang
theAnimus
k0rruptid
justwant2play
Toastfacekillah
LowTierFTW
djgq42
Carphil
Serious_Much
meridam99
strangejoy
C7081
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Scudman_Slayer
Deadmeat95
aceluby
Akatik
Nitos-Apprentice
23 posters

Bottomless Box Glitch Haters

Jenova_X
    Jenova_X
    Casual
    Casual

Bottomless Box Glitch Haters - Page 3 Empty Re: Bottomless Box Glitch Haters

Post by Jenova_X Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:13 am

Well, that was an interesting and insightful 4 pages to read. To the point tho, I choose not to use the bb glitch. I find it boring and extremely un-rewarding to go that route. Thats just me tho, anybody else can go rite ahead and use it. Cuz when it comes down to it, the hardcore players skill will outshine the glitch users who have none.
    C7081
    C7081
    Casual
    Casual

Post by C7081 Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:56 am

Serious_Much wrote:It can be done on PS3 when it's a hack :|

Dont tell me im gonna start seeing modders popping up everywhere with 100000 health...
    It`s not a hack. A lot of people teamed up, everyone finished the game several times and upgraded everything he could, over THREE MONTHS. Then they finally combined everything they collected into one character, the "master mule".
    So basically, yes, they finished the game (more than?) 99x times to get all the stuff and put a lot of effort into this.

Seeing it abused to grief makes me really sad ;(
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:50 am

C7081 wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:It can be done on PS3 when it's a hack :|

Dont tell me im gonna start seeing modders popping up everywhere with 100000 health...
    It`s not a hack. A lot of people teamed up, everyone finished the game several times and upgraded everything he could, over THREE MONTHS. Then they finally combined everything they collected into one character, the "master mule".
    So basically, yes, they finished the game (more than?) 99x times to get all the stuff and put a lot of effort into this.

Seeing it abused to grief makes me really sad ;(

Even using it to help people is really sad. One shotting the bosses ruins the experience. How tough is a boss when you can just summon someone to take it down for you. Kinda ruins the whole 'prepare to die' mantra while making the bosses seem weak and meh.

For SL120 builds it's a great tool, it just sucks that so many people use it for the burg/parish/depths PvP/Co-op.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:40 pm

You know what? When I get home I will go to NG+++ and stay camping at burg. Lets see how many sl4 griefers appear
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:41 pm

LOL i may just do that. got a new NG+ guy who could camp in burg a while and *** on those guys.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:03 pm

Carphil wrote:You know what? When I get home I will go to NG+++ and stay camping at burg. Lets see how many sl4 griefers appear

You'll probably get a couple, but from my experience the further you are from their level the more difficult it is to get them to invade. I've found that the clustering system typically finds similar SL characters to put in the same cluster of players.

If you want to try something out, create a new game and wait in the burg after leveling up to SL10-15 or so. I did it yesterday and was invaded 4 times in 20 minutes, all four by BB glitchers w/ full gear. I tebowed each of them as they killed me.
    Pharaun
    Pharaun
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Pharaun Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:35 pm

aceluby wrote:For SL120 builds it's a great tool, it just sucks that so many people use it for the burg/parish/depths PvP/Co-op.

Is this a crack in the anti BB glitch wall? big grin
    Ser Winston
    Ser Winston

Post by Ser Winston Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:28 pm

I don't understand the point. It takes the fun out of creating interesting and creative builds.

Half the entertainment of making these builds is, well, making the builds. This is just the opinion of a young man who enjoys the challenge of Dark Souls as opposed to to just getting what I want immediately. It's often not the beginning or end of a story you enjoy, but the space in between.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:32 pm

Ser Winston wrote:I don't understand the point. It takes the fun out of creating interesting and creative builds.

Half the entertainment of making these builds is, well, making the builds. This is just the opinion of a young man who enjoys the challenge of Dark Souls as opposed to to just getting what I want immediately. It's often not the beginning or end of a story you enjoy, but the space in between.

I agree. It denies them the experience of actually creating the character, though I do understand it can be tedious if it's your 7th one. But then again, if it's your 7th one it must give you some enjoyment.

But despite that, the BB glitch takes away from new players either via griefing, co-opping, and muleling. This game isn't the same game when you're getting killed by someone every 10 min in end game gear, or letting a co-op partner kill the boss for you in end game gear, or just receiving end game gear.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:45 pm

It this gets patched out it will be because of the griefing and the one shotting of bosses in co-op. This is not the intended beginning experience From had in mind for players.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 7:50 am