Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
FrEyes
Rockstar2112
Rin
Matthew718
Kaminari
Darkstar485
callipygias
befowler
Gol
Railage
PhlyingDutchman
Yukon
ViralEnsign_
Tolvo
ublug
Wade_Wilson
DoughGuy
ChizFreak
22 posters

Ceaseless Discharge is an optional boss!

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Ceaseless Discharge is an optional boss! Empty Ceaseless Discharge is an optional boss!

Post by ChizFreak Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:06 pm

That's what the game director said in an recent interview.

Well, he is not 100% sure because after all his talking about it, he said "he believes it was implemented to the game". It was in the game, but he said he "believes" it was implemented in the end.

Also he said the way to do it was so hard and weird that even if you do it, it may look like it were a bug or a glitch.

Source:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXB_2QXhAwQ

Let's start experimenting!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Ceaseless Discharge is an optional boss! Empty Re: Ceaseless Discharge is an optional boss!

Post by DoughGuy Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:11 pm

I wil soon be attempting to fall off areas inside the fog gate to see anything happens. However that doesnt seem very glitchy. My moneys on using our favourite trick using something you buy from Domhnall to get the orange charred ring before you face him.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Ceaseless Discharge is an optional boss! Empty Re: Ceaseless Discharge is an optional boss!

Post by Wade_Wilson Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:13 pm

He's either making an april fools joke or referring to the bottomless box glitch.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:18 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:He's either making an april fools joke or referring to the bottomless box glitch.

Maybe the BB glitch isn't a glitch?
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:26 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    Wade_Wilson wrote:He's either making an april fools joke or referring to the bottomless box glitch.

Maybe the BB glitch isn't a glitch?

(mind blown)
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:27 pm

What if told you the BB glitch wasn't a gltich?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:31 pm

Attempted to fall onto his feet so he would hcarry me somewhere - Theres a kill line right near the eedge of his area.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:35 pm

The arena is completely surrounded by deadly lava, so jumping down should kill you even if you survived the fall. I have tried dropping down several places, but it's always instant death. The only option I can think of atm is dropping down above the capra demon, and landing on his head, but he was only moved there in the last patch so that doesn't sound very likely either.
    I even tried to throw chaos pyromancy on the bridge before the fog once, since it looks like some kind of lavaflow mechanism, but nothing happened.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:37 pm

I did it kinda! Pre patch gold hemmed balck set, human, fire stoneplate ring (358 defense total), estus chugging ran across the lava and survived.

EDIT: I also used flash sweat.

Last edited by DoughGuy on Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:41 pm

Unfortunately I didnt have the lordvessel yet so I didnt go too far in but when I do I'll avoid ceaseless and se what happens. Btw I'm level 86 on NG+. Wouldn't be able to get the charred ring (no lordvessel) so I didnt want to get stuck.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:15 pm

Dough, did you use flash sweat as well?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:21 pm

yes I did. Thanx for reminding me.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:23 am

Anyone think the pendant is involved. Ala he has find memories of his family but droping the pendant somewhere makes him not aggro? Doesn't seem like the kind of mild glitch he describes.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:42 am

Well buffing yourself to simlpy run across the lava isnt very glitchy either so I think we're still looking for the actual method.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:16 am

Anyone every wondered how Seig gets down there? Maybe we should be looking at the roots in blightown or ash lake as a manner of transportation to the bed of chaos. Considering that is where we see him just before he bypasses a bed of LAVA. If it looks like a glitch maybe it has to do with wall/root phasing.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:19 am

Acidic's last post contained his theory which is basically what you said. Siege uses the archtrees as transport. Maybe theres a secret entrance in the great hollow?
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:19 pm

Ceaseless can be glitch killed, but this has been known almost since release, when he jumps into the hole and dies. They didn't patch this either, so I guess it's a feature rather than a glitch. But, doing so will still kill him, and not 'bypass'. Running through the lava has also been known, and can't really be labeled as a glitch either.
    The other bosses you can bypass do not require you to go into their boss arenas at all, so it might be something/somewhere else.
    Could it be related to the chaos servant covenant (+3), quelana, old witch's ring or the egg head (The egg-bearers have chosen to serve the Flame of Chaos, and the eggs symbolize this selfless choice)?
    PhlyingDutchman
    PhlyingDutchman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by PhlyingDutchman Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:43 pm

Why are we saying that running through the lava is not it? The lava is supposed to be an impassible barrier until you kill Ceaseless, so the fact that you can survive with enough hp, flasks and fire defense seems obscure enough to me. The director says that it would seem like a glitch, not that it was a glitch. Is it still possible in 1.05? By the way, can you bring friendly phantoms down there? If so, a princess guard phantom could heal the host as they cross, and then the host could use estus for the phantom.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:24 pm

Tolvo made it across. I dont know how (assuming similar to me) but he is playing the patched version so yes, it is possible after 1.05.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:08 pm

Full Giants +5, Flameplate Ring, 20 Flasks, Flash Sweat, then I just ran across and flasked a few times. I had 30 Vit. There is no bonfire near the centipede, so until you kill the Firesage you cannot rest, meaning you have to do it in one shot. Though he's an incredibly easy boss anyway, easier than the Stray Demon if you ask me.

That is a no Co-Op/PvP spot, the fog gate is the arch leading to ceaseless, and the arch past the capra demons. The lava bed is not allowed.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:19 pm

Next we could try reaching ceaseless's feet by running through the lava. Seeif you can reach him without getting through the fog gate, see if anything happens.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:20 pm

Without a certain Glitch involving a box, or someone dropping the ring for you, I can't see that happening. With all of the Fire Res, flasks, Humanity in the world, you won't make it out that far.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:37 pm

Time for someone to pull out there lvl 711 char with the best fire def armour, flash sweat, stoneplate ring, the princess guard heals and being a phantom so the host can heal them so they dont have to stop running.

Anyone know where to find one of those?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:38 pm

Wait a second...Wait a *** second! Since he's an optional boss, you can run past him and defeat the firesage. You can then, kill the Centipede Demon, then come back with the Orange Charred ring!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:41 pm

Tolvo wrote:Wait a second...Wait a *** second! Since he's an optional boss, you can run past him and defeat the firesage. You can then, kill the Centipede Demon, then come back with the Orange Charred ring!

That is a gerat idea, gogogo. But be weary, the taurus demons are ALREADY on the lava. They dont spawn once its gone they wait there for you the whole game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:54 pm