Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
FrEyes
Rockstar2112
Rin
Matthew718
Kaminari
Darkstar485
callipygias
befowler
Gol
Railage
PhlyingDutchman
Yukon
ViralEnsign_
Tolvo
ublug
Wade_Wilson
DoughGuy
ChizFreak
22 posters

Ceaseless Discharge is an optional boss!

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Ceaseless Discharge is an optional boss! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ceaseless Discharge is an optional boss!

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:42 pm

Ahhh, I'm torn! This character is supposed to host FC in strange spots, so I don't know if I should kill the Centipede, but...Research....Ahhhh! He is an Int toon too, so the Centipede would be incredibly easy for him to kill.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Ceaseless Discharge is an optional boss! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ceaseless Discharge is an optional boss!

Post by DoughGuy Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:48 pm

This is a difficult time for you Tolvo but remember, you can always make a new toon but if we dont get our research now my head is going to explode!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:13 pm

I remembered actually if you just cut his tail off you get the ring, so I left him alive. I then ran around the Taurus Demons, Orange and Flameplate Ring, Flash Sweat, full Gold Hemmed. I picked up the Chaos ember by his feet, and found nothing. Killed some Demons before dying, however I found out you can hit him from down here, and he won't strike back.
    PhlyingDutchman
    PhlyingDutchman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by PhlyingDutchman Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:17 pm

I'll try to run that fiery gauntlet later tonight, but I really want Kirk to invade me since I've never done his quest line to completion. I'll let you guys know if he shows up with Ceaseless alive.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:02 am

He does, I already had him invade me. Just be human cause it raises your fireDef so it works out for the best anyway.
    Railage
    Railage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Railage Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:07 am

DoughGuy wrote:What if told you the BB glitch wasn't a gltich?

Matrix reference?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:08 am

Do you think I should kill the bed of Chaos and see if anything happens to him?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:43 am

Yes. Leaving him alive has to do something if its meant to be difficult.

Railage wrote:
    DoughGuy wrote:What if told you the BB glitch wasn't a gltich?

Matrix reference?

yep.
    PhlyingDutchman
    PhlyingDutchman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by PhlyingDutchman Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:13 am

Wow it totally worked! Not that I didn't believe y'all, I just wanted to see it for myself! Upgraded Black Iron Armor actually has even better flame resistance than Giant's, btw. I made it without the Flame Stoneplate Ring, because I didn't want to lose my RoFaP, and I used DWGR for fast run and flash sweat as my buff. I sniped the Capra with dragonslayer arrows to clear the way, and then made a dash for it, using Estus about halfway. On the other side, I was promptly invaded by Kirk, who fell quickly to my sunlight-infused balder sword. I killed the Firesage, opened the elevator, and then killed the Centipede without issue. Truly an optional boss.

Last edited by PhlyingDutchman on Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:29 am

Awesome but I wonder if this is the strange method Miyazaki mentioned. Even if it is that case what is the significance of being able to by pass Ceaseless Discharge?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:28 am

Hopefully when Tolvo gtets back from killing the bed of chaos there will be some change with ceaseless. It always seemed weird to me that killing the bed did not unmake the demons it spawned/mutated. I also think Quelaan may give you a new quest, saving her brother or something.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:24 am

Snakes, why did it have to be snakes? It figures my most hated boss in the entire game is needed for research, son of a *****.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:31 am

Do it and we'll like you more.

Peer pressure always works...hehe.twisted
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:24 am

291 tries, and finally I managed to kill the Bed of Chaos, I hope this information is worth something because I'm literally never playing Dark Souls again. This completely ruined the game for me, I can't even pick up my controller anymore. Nothing happens, nothing changes. He does *** nothing at all, it took all night and zip, nada. I hope you're *** satisfied.
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:31 am

ENB says he thinks (I don't think I misheard, I'm pretty sure he said he wasn't sure) Miyazaki said that, but maybe Miyazaki just said you could kill him without really fighting him and was talking about the method wich consist in making the boss falling off of the edge and we all agree about the fact that it looks like a glitch.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:32 am

My Bed of Chaos is dead, my Ceaseless Discharge is still alive.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:09 am

Well ... crap. That really really sucks. Have you spoken to Quelana? Maybe she says something?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:21 am

I'll try, but I don't know how far I'll make it from the bonfire.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:39 am

Can i just ask why was it so hard to beat the bed of chaos? Surely you've done it loads of times before?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:43 am

She just said she was blessed to have met me, that she could call me a fool no longer, and gave me tempest like usual.

That is the most difficult boss in the game for me, you can't dodge it's attacks. Your damage output doesn't matter, your shield doesn't matter, your armor doesn't matter, you poise doesn't matter. It just kills you, and if you're lucky you'll make it through. At one point I literally couldn't lock onto the parasite in the middle, so I had to try and hit it with a rapier which you must imagine was near impossible, so for my next run I had to take a long sword out of the box, got fire tempest while breaking through branches, finally made it in and again fire tempest. It just kills you, I *** hate it. The worst boss in the game.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:46 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    Wade_Wilson wrote:He's either making an april fools joke or referring to the bottomless box glitch.

Maybe the BB glitch isn't a glitch?

A number of us have long thought this, although it's hard to explain given the forum restrictions on discussing its mechanics. Let's just say that beyond the suggestive name not only has it not been patched, it was actually made easier in 1.05.

And I join Tolvo in calling bed of chaos the worst boss in the game (and among the worst designed in any game I've faced). Most bosses not only aren't stupidly random like boc, but let you have a fair chance of beating them with whatever build type you've developed. With bed of chaos, regardless of my build the only way I ever beat it is with a high upgrade eagle shield and precise blocking of the horizontal sweeps. And even then you often just eat random fire blasts or spikes. I've actually had it kill me before I even fell completely out of the entry chute, which was basically like getting OHKO'd by a boss while you're still stepping through a fog gate. What's the point?
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:36 pm

Tolvo wrote: , you can't dodge it's attacks. Your damage output doesn't matter, your shield doesn't matter, your armor doesn't matter, you poise doesn't matter. It just kills you, and if you're lucky you'll make it through. At one point I literally couldn't lock onto the parasite in the middle, so I had to try and hit it with a rapier which you must imagine was near impossible, so for my next run I had to take a long sword out of the box, got fire tempest while breaking through branches, finally made it in and again fire tempest. It just kills you, I *** hate it. The worst boss in the game.
    True that damage output doesn't matter, but you can dodge or roll through all its attacks, and block its "arm" swipes with even a medium shield. The only one you can't block is when it does the swipe with its left arm and then slams it down, but you can just block the first, then roll.

Oh, and next time your weapon won't hit the parasite just roll into it. Or unequip and punch it.

Just to go further off topic, the other day I went to help a friend kill it. Had him hang back while I jumped down to that branch. Apparently BoC is another boss that gets tougher in co-op, because it actually hit me with Fire Tempest ON THE BRANCH, right when I landed. First time ever.
    Darkstar485
    Darkstar485
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Darkstar485 Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:44 pm

quote:Just to go further off topic, the other day I went to help a friend kill it. Had him hang back while I jumped down to that branch. Apparently BoC is another boss that gets tougher in co-op, because it actually hit me with Fire Tempest ON THE BRANCH, right when I landed. First time ever.[/quote

Oh no, trust me, it does that outside of coop. over, and over, and over again... fun times...fun times...

Last edited by Darkstar485 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : quote is all messed up)
    Kaminari
    Kaminari
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kaminari Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:57 pm

callipygias wrote:
    Tolvo wrote: , you can't dodge it's attacks. Your damage output doesn't matter, your shield doesn't matter, your armor doesn't matter, you poise doesn't matter. It just kills you, and if you're lucky you'll make it through. At one point I literally couldn't lock onto the parasite in the middle, so I had to try and hit it with a rapier which you must imagine was near impossible, so for my next run I had to take a long sword out of the box, got fire tempest while breaking through branches, finally made it in and again fire tempest. It just kills you, I *** hate it. The worst boss in the game.
    True that damage output doesn't matter, but you can dodge or roll through all its attacks, and block its "arm" swipes with even a medium shield. The only one you can't block is when it does the swipe with its left arm and then slams it down, but you can just block the first, then roll.

Oh, and next time your weapon won't hit the parasite just roll into it. Or unequip and punch it.

Just to go further off topic, the other day I went to help a friend kill it. Had him hang back while I jumped down to that branch. Apparently BoC is another boss that gets tougher in co-op, because it actually hit me with Fire Tempest ON THE BRANCH, right when I landed. First time ever.

not like I want to brag or something, but it has been hitting me with the firestorm half a second before I was going to hit the parasite, I had my weapon swinged back, never had the time to swing it forward sad

Also, I feel sorry for tolvo sad doing all the sh*t and get nothing for it sad
    Matthew718

Post by Matthew718 Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:56 pm

Has anyone tried progressing further with the pendant and having skipped ceasless discharge to see if there are any other differences.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:13 am