Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Zechk
RANT
callipygias
reim0027
darksoulslover
9 posters

Just made my warrior

Just made my warrior - Page 2 Empty Re: Just made my warrior

Post by Guest Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:09 am

Just to add more options for this discussion. You can upgrade Magic weapons at the beginning of the game without ever needing an Ember so long as you have the materials for it. Meaning with a little clever farming for 9 titanite Shards( Dropped by various monsters & sold for a mear 800 souls) & 10 Green titanite Shard(Slugs in blighttown can drop up to 5 at a time) you can +5 Magic any normal weapon you come across.

Using a shortsword(sold by undead merchant) as an example the result would be a starter weapon that does 118 physical & 123 Magic with E/E/C scale rating which is comparable to Drake Sword at base with the added bonus of a better move set.

A +5 Magic Zweihander would do 196 physical & 212 Magic with E/E/C scale rating which pretty much Makes the Drake sword obsolete even at +5.

A +5 Magic Claymore would do 154 physical & 168 Magic with E/E/C scale rating making it noticeably stronger than a Drake sword at base up until +4.

Now the point of creating weapons like this is not for end game but rather to have as an overpowered starter weapon. The scaling in this instance doesn't really matter much.

Also you can find the Enchanted Ember early on in Darkroot Garden. In Darkroot Basin first make sure you get the Hydra to kill the blue golem things using it's projectile attacks. Then to kill it simply run into the shallow part of the water using the trees for cover so you can bait the Hydra into bringing down it's head. After that keep shield up & smack the heads after they come down. After it's dead use the latter to enter the garden from the back so you can get the ember. This is of course assuming you don't want to pay the 20k for the seal shortcut.

PS: The Blue golems drop Blue titanite Chunk which is needed for enchanted weapons.

Then if you really were persistent in farming blue golems you could gain say a +4 Enchanted Claymore which does 178 physical 183 magic E/E/A. This would be stronger than a +5 Drake Sword with an added bonus of a better move set & can be gotten before you even ring the first bell. However farming for a +4 enchanted weapon if you're not in some way an intelligence build is a bit overkill. I would suggest sticking to +5 Magic if you're willing to farm.

PPS: You can also go extreme overkill early on by making a catacombs run to +5 fire a weapon after gaining the necessary materials (9 titanite Shards & 11 Green titanite Shards)though this is a bit more dangerous.

You could get say a +5 Fire Winged Spear 172 physical 172 Fire which is slightly more powerful than a Lightning Spear with the added bonus of longer reach.

You could also get +5 Fire Zweihander which will net you 260 physical 260 fire damage. A nice beastly weapon to have before ever facing Hellkite on the bridge don't you think?

PPS: The Large fire & Chaos Embers for these fire weapons can be gotten after killing Quelaag if you make a trip to demon ruins(very dangerous if not experienced). Though the material for those upgrades are generally harder to farm early on in the game.
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:06 am

thanx again guys for the help. Now im in the depths. And got cursed for the first time sad that sucked. Made 5 char and never got cursed.
    i got the z sword from cemetary, black night great sword, clay more and halberd trying them all out. Black night great takes 36 str ouch. think i need better armor
    Zechk
    Zechk

Post by Zechk Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:15 pm

Oo1Zer0 wrote:The R2 attack on the Drake Sword eats your durability so fast making the R2 not cost effective so early in the game. This limits your actual fighting ability early on.

For the sake of clarity, this only applies if you 2h it. 1h R2s do not consume 15 durability.

Oo1Zer0 wrote:Zweihander makes for not only a better move set when compared to drake but also stronger weapons in general with a little maintenance.

At the cost of a much slower weapon which drains a lot of stamina per swing and may not suit everyone's play style. As with everything in this game, there are mutliple viable options. Also, again for the sake of clarity for anyone else reading this thread, you mean 'with a few upgrades' rather than 'with a little maintenance'.

I'm not pointing this out in an effort to be annoying, I'm simply making things a little clearer for anyone who is genuinely new to the game and needs help.
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:45 pm

Oo1Zer0 wrote:

I know you know how to play the game by your posts, but your advice seems to be aimed at someone who has played the game a while. The best part of this game is figuring stuff out for yourself. When I first opened the box and put the game in my PS3, I had no idea what I was doing, sure I kick butt now as anyone does on a game that they have been playing for 6 months, but when I started, not so much. This Wiki and Forum helped me. I agree with the other posters that the Drake Sword is one of the best early game swords, specifically for people just starting out on the game. I know you want to help because you don't want other people to go through the same pains you did while learning the "best of" and working through movesets and mechanics, but I can say from my own personal experience that it was that "learning" phase that I had the most fun with the game as it was new.
    Bawheidbob
    Bawheidbob
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Bawheidbob Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:51 pm

Good information here although i will say lightning spear to me is like a gift from god - That said up until that point i was using my shortsword +10

I will keep plodding along at the moment but if i am thinking about making another toon in the future i will come back here for a good read.
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:49 pm

like i said thnx for info. Can we stop talking about drak sword. lol
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:17 pm

this is bs i got 10 humadity on me and im getting cursed . I havent been cursed 1 time in 5 characters and now im curesed again getting upset.
    NO more talk about the darn drake sword.

Does anyone have tips to not get cursed. I was rolling 9 humaity deep
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:23 pm

I thing the Drake Sword repels curse.

Kidding!

I've never even been close to being cursed. If I know I'm going down into the curse frogs at the start of an NG I might put on Dusk's dress, it has great curse resistance. Later, Leeroy's armor is even better.
    Bawheidbob
    Bawheidbob
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Bawheidbob Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:25 pm

Does humanity give curse resistance i never knew that...i just made sure i stayed out of the frog mist. Admittedly i got cursed once but i had the item to get rid of it from the bell tower guy.
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:13 pm

now in depths grinding. KIlling slims for green ad large titinite. U say get magic on plus 5 wep . Ithought i was best to but 15 on wep before magic?
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:14 pm

dusks dress? what is that?
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:31 pm

It's a test of manhood, that's what it is. It's available after killing the hydra in Darkroot Basin. Technically I'm not sure you have to kill the hydra. Dusk of Oolacile is worth locating, as she sells some VERY useful (pve) spells.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:00 pm

The froggers in the depths are weak against arrows if shot in the eye. 1 hit with a half decent bow will generally bring them down. Also when entering the depths never ever ever fall in the trap holes. To get down to the lower area kill the giant rat & slide down the wall hugging the left side. It'll leave you next to the locked door leading to the bonfire while giving you a much better position to navigate the frog lair.

Also if facing a frog in melee first stay back & learn it's movement patterns & curse gas reach. Whenever you see your curse meter rise simply back off. Once you get the timing of their moves down you can easily run through that part one shoting all the frogs with confidence.

One more thing when you get to the area were the ring is. From the upper part there is one frog on the upper level & 2 on the lower. After killing those 3 there are 3 more in the lower room to the left. by simply dropping down from behind & stabbing those last 3 they won't even attempt to move from their original position. Havn't farmed eyes in a while but if I remember correctly that's how the last part should be handled.

Last edited by Oo1Zer0 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:04 pm

i never got nothing from hydra except a ring where is this merchant?

Post by Guest Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:08 pm

darksoulslover wrote:i never got nothing from hydra except a ring where is this merchant?
    Past the Hydra hug the left side & go past the waterfall. There should be a golden golem there. Kill it talk to the npc then re-load your game for her gear.
    darksoulslover wrote:now in depths grinding. KIlling slims for green ad large titinite. U say get magic on plus 5 wep . Ithought i was best to but 15 on wep before magic?
    What I was suggesting was using the master key to enter blighttown so you can kill slugs at the beginning of the game to farm for green shards since they drop up to 5 at a time. Meaning you can get the required green shards from simply 3 drops. The +5 Magic weapon thing is mainly if you're starting out. Making a +5 Magic weapon is relatively cheap & doesn't require much farming when compared to a +15 normal weapon which requires chunks & a slab. Again this is for a powerful starting weapon & is no way end game.

If you're able to navigate the catacombs(dangerous) at the beginning a +5 fire would make a better starter weapon. Personally my first playthrough I entered the catacombs to go after Reah after ringing the first bell. Most people wouldn't advice this unless you have a good amount of experience in the game. On the plus side doing so does net you the kindling item, access to fire weapons, as well WOTG if you happen to be faith based.

On new games now I just farm for shards early do a suicide run through the catabombs to reach the blacksmith so I can make uber starting weapons. But that's just me doesn't mean you have to play like that. +5 magic weapons are safer but still extremely helpful early on.

PS: & just to be clear. You can use the Drake Sword to farm Dragon Scales by killing drakes in Drakes Valley so you can max the weapon early on. Though as most people will tell you using Dragon Scales to max the Drake sword isn't advised when they can be used for other more powerful Dragon Weapons. That as well as the Dragon Covenant which requires 30(?) makes them sought after items. The drop rate is also low even with farming equipment.
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:34 am

k i got my claymore to 11, need chunks now to get higher.
    pyro to 5
    wearing elite armor mixed with crimson.

Questions:

i have 20 faith where is teh next set of spells besides the one at firelink?
    - soul of quelaag
    - soul of butterfly
    where do i use them to make a kick butt weapon?

WEapons ive gotten along the way and are they worth the points into?

Stone gant sword / shield
    zaehander
    black night great sword
    great ax
    dragon king ax
    halbard

I have talisman ? that good its the very first one you get?

When is it a good time to put magic on weapons?

current place is zens. Place i can go is garden to fight wolf and hydra
    demon ruins.
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:15 pm

Oo1Zer0 wrote:
    darksoulslover wrote:i never got nothing from hydra except a ring where is this merchant?
    Past the Hydra hug the left side & go past the waterfall. There should be a golden golem there. Kill it talk to the npc then re-load your game for her gear.
    darksoulslover wrote:now in depths grinding. KIlling slims for green ad large titinite. U say get magic on plus 5 wep . Ithought i was best to but 15 on wep before magic?
    What I was suggesting was using the master key to enter blighttown so you can kill slugs at the beginning of the game to farm for green shards since they drop up to 5 at a time. Meaning you can get the required green shards from simply 3 drops. The +5 Magic weapon thing is mainly if you're starting out. Making a +5 Magic weapon is relatively cheap & doesn't require much farming when compared to a +15 normal weapon which requires chunks & a slab. Again this is for a powerful starting weapon & is no way end game.

If you're able to navigate the catacombs(dangerous) at the beginning a +5 fire would make a better starter weapon. Personally my first playthrough I entered the catacombs to go after Reah after ringing the first bell. Most people wouldn't advice this unless you have a good amount of experience in the game. On the plus side doing so does net you the kindling item, access to fire weapons, as well WOTG if you happen to be faith based.

On new games now I just farm for shards early do a suicide run through the catabombs to reach the blacksmith so I can make uber starting weapons. But that's just me doesn't mean you have to play like that. +5 magic weapons are safer but still extremely helpful early on.

PS: & just to be clear. You can use the Drake Sword to farm Dragon Scales by killing drakes in Drakes Valley so you can max the weapon early on. Though as most people will tell you using Dragon Scales to max the Drake sword isn't advised when they can be used for other more powerful Dragon Weapons. That as well as the Dragon Covenant which requires 30(?) makes them sought after items. The drop rate is also low even with farming equipment.

i illed the golem and rescued the woman and she dissapeared. I restarted game still nothing
    Bawheidbob
    Bawheidbob
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Bawheidbob Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:47 am

She has a summon sign near the edge of the water back where the hydra was.
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:22 am

ahh ok thought she would just reappear k ty
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:49 pm

is ti ok to kill logan and the other sorcer? after i have bought everything from them spell wise?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:55 pm

Is Logan selling his Crystal Spells, or just his normal ones to you?
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:45 pm

i bagught them all last ones i needed was soul spear and homing one. I have everyspell he is selling both of the sorcery guys
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:47 pm

Well then kill Seath the Scaleless, and talk to Logan. If he's gone, you'll notice a new chest with something in it. As well, head back to Seath's boss room, the first one he was in. You'll find a surprise.
    Rockstar2112
    Rockstar2112
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Rockstar2112 Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:27 pm

For anyone who starts a NG, whether they be a new player or not, I advise watching https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGuX1M2rAnw&feature=related

Follow that route and pick up all the items, and you can have a ton of souls, a lot of nice weapons, a few shards, one or two spells and best of all an Estus Flask +3, healing 500 rather than 200 I believe, right at the beginning of the game, which really helps, since you otherwise have a pretty pathetic heal.

Yeah the threads moved on a bit now but just thought I'd offer my own advice.
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:43 pm

gotta fight the wolf first sad hard last time. So dont kill them till later?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:21 am