Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Tolvo
OmniBot
BLA1NE
ublug
ChizFreak
9 posters

List of Drainable (humanity) NPCs by Dark Hand

ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

List of Drainable (humanity) NPCs by Dark Hand - Page 2 Empty Re: List of Drainable (humanity) NPCs by Dark Hand

Post by ublug Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:10 pm

Tolvo wrote:By the way, whenever I drain the Crestfallen warrior he contains one humanity.
    Then I need to try again, maybe I had already drained him on that character.

BLA1NE wrote:Nope, I tried too, with my Darkwraith +3, didn't do anything.
    I just tried as well, no change here either.
    But I also noticed that you can still collect humanity from the painting guardians after turning anor londo dark and killing gwyndolin. The blacksmith, firekeeper and probably a few mimics are the only creatures still alive in that area. Or does it count the painted world boss as a part of that area as well? -> Just realized this is probably related to the fact that you can be invaded in that area without any boss alive..

Last edited by ublug on Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

List of Drainable (humanity) NPCs by Dark Hand - Page 2 Empty Re: List of Drainable (humanity) NPCs by Dark Hand

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:13 pm

Just remember to kick him first, he doesn't like when you punch him in the face. Learned that the hard way, had to drain him during a parry.
    chimi chongos

Post by chimi chongos Fri May 04, 2012 4:04 pm

Just thought I'd verify something here. The Dark Hand wiki entry (http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Dark+Hand) says

"Using R2 on an NPC should not cause them to become hostile, so you can use it freely."

Is this correct? e.g. Can I steal all 7 humanity from Lautrec without pissing him off and causing him to go hostile? What about Reah? Can I take all 12 of her humanity without her body guards getting hostile on me?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri May 04, 2012 4:07 pm

You need kick him, then use R2. If they are sitting or praying or in an odd position you have to kick them first.

Also I did more testing with the Crestfallen Warrior, and I can't get any humanity from him. I don't know what condition I met on that one playthrough to have him have humanity, but I know he was alive with the Kiln open, but I can't see why that would make a difference. So when I start playing again, I'll check some more.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Fri May 04, 2012 4:07 pm

chimi chongos wrote:Just thought I'd verify something here. The Dark Hand wiki entry (http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Dark+Hand) says

"Using R2 on an NPC should not cause them to become hostile, so you can use it freely."

Is this correct? e.g. Can I steal all 7 humanity from Lautrec without pissing him off and causing him to go hostile? What about Reah? Can I take all 12 of her humanity without her body guards getting hostile on me?

Yes. Remember that you must be at the same floor height, or instead of draining them you will do damage to them, and THAT will cause them to become hostile.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Fri May 04, 2012 4:09 pm

Tolvo wrote:You need kick him, then use R2. If they are sitting or praying or in an odd position you have to kick them first.

Also I did more testing with the Crestfallen Warrior, and I can't get any humanity from him. I don't know what condition I met on that one playthrough to have him have humanity, but I know he was alive with the Kiln open, but I can't see why that would make a difference. So when I start playing again, I'll check some more.

You don't get humanity? Or you can't do the "drain" animation? If it's the second it's because you have to kick him out of his place, and move him from there to a stable ground.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri May 04, 2012 4:09 pm

I just mean I drain him, but he has no humanity on him. I've gotten one out of him, on one playthrough. But that's it, every other playthrough I've tried he has no humanity oddly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:03 am