Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
FruitPunchNinja
Blade of The Sun
kiwi_commander
Tolvo
SlakeMoth
WyrmHero
Saturnine Knight
bloodpixel
Emergence
Rynn
Reaperfan
Wade_Wilson
his1n-
17 posters

NO, FOR GOD'S FREAKING SAKE NO!

SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

NO, FOR GOD'S FREAKING SAKE NO! - Page 2 Empty Re: NO, FOR GOD'S FREAKING SAKE NO!

Post by SlakeMoth Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:15 pm

Erm, no-one has answered my question, so I'll add a few thoughts of my own.

I think we're all agreed that we want From to keep on developing great games like Demon Souls and Dark Souls, right? O.K. then, I'll state the obvious which is that game development costs money, a lot of money, so it makes perfect sense to me that From will want their games to have as big a user base as possible in order to shift more copies of the game in order to fund their dev studio. GfWL may not suit those people who have a lot of computer gaming experience and in depth knowledge (why this is I still don't know) but the game will reach a wider audience if it's on GfWL and the result is that From make more money.
    Blade of The Sun
    Blade of The Sun
    Addicted
    Addicted

NO, FOR GOD'S FREAKING SAKE NO! - Page 2 Empty Re: NO, FOR GOD'S FREAKING SAKE NO!

Post by Blade of The Sun Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:05 pm

although I probably agree with your sentiments, I had a difficult time getting passed the horrible use of the english language and markup text. While I did not fully read your post I think I understand the fundamental reasoning in the post.

My sentiment is this...

Windows/Microsoft products have some of the worst most contradictory and frustratingly over complicated software designs I have ever dealt with. Most computer techs I think would agree that they over do framework and userability is very low. I know a few university professors that would agree and a couple of students that say its one of the worst experiences in their degree process.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:09 pm

I'd actually say GfWL wouldn't make it available to a wider Audience, it's a huge turn off to most people. Kind of like Origins. If it was Steamworks or had its own system people would probably be more inclined to use it. Though, their own system would mean more development time, as well they might make a poor system as they don't have enough experience with working on PC systems.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:38 pm

wow, i can kinda understand that gfwl isnt the best but from what i understand thats almost completely to do with mods. from my understanding the problem is lots of mods cause games to basically break, yea that does suck i admit. BUT, us console gamers who dont have gaming pcs are not getting any news on getting this added content. i would be happy, pc will be able to play it in true 1080p have possible dedicated servers. i am so jealous of anyone with a powerful pc.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:28 pm

Blade of The Sun wrote:although I probably agree with your sentiments, I had a difficult time getting passed the horrible use of the english language and markup text. While I did not fully read your post I think I understand the fundamental reasoning in the post.

My sentiment is this...

Windows/Microsoft products have some of the worst most contradictory and frustratingly over complicated software designs I have ever dealt with. Most computer techs I think would agree that they over do framework and userability is very low. I know a few university professors that would agree and a couple of students that say its one of the worst experiences in their degree process.

Are you referring to me Blade of the Sun because if you are I want you to know that I do not appreciate your comments regarding my use of the English Language and before criticising my useage you should learn to spell. i.e.' past 'is the correct spelling when used in that context not 'passed'.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:35 pm

I've never used the windows live, what is it like?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:28 pm

You were invading the Painted World!!!! I realized that it was you after killing you, I'm so sorry for that!!!
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:05 am

his1n- wrote:
    Its hard to take people seriously when they tell others to go die in fires and to not post on a public forum.

It's hard to take people seriously when they are not knowing anything about sarcasm. Stop your childishness now.

Sorry, I know I'm a bit late, but I gotta comment on that.

You're such an ignorant person. We don't know HOW you "said" something when we're just reading what you typed. If they want to be sarcastic in a forum/chat, every normal person would add an emoticon that clearly says "I'm just being sarcastic/I'm just messing with you, do not take it serious silly tongue winking ". It's not that hard...

Besides that, why would you even say that? "If you do not agree, go die in a fire." That's not even funny or anything, I would not want to discuss something with a person who says that, regardless if he's being sarcastic or whatever he may call it, it's just inappropriate.

Oh wait... that's right... you weren't looking for a discussion, just for attention and approval...

Go die in a fire. silly tongue winking lol! 🤡

Last edited by Darkson on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed it)
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:07 am

Guys, please calm down and don't make personal attacks upon eachother. if someone is getting out of hand just report a post, but don't make a public event of it and derail a topic. Let's all just try and be civil here please.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:14 am

Thank you Tolvo for attempting to keep the peace

Hear Ye Hear Ye let it be known that Whining at each other is pointless, be a calm person or I will make you one, well i wont, perhaps i will by forcing you to take some drugs and get high!? Nahh im kidding Lads but seriously just speak in a civilised manner to each other, we aren't homoerectus' who battle it out to see who's right, we are homosapiens that are civilised winking
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:17 am

Thread locked. I knew we have strong opinions about this topic. But, this thread is getting personal and isn't going anywhere.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:56 pm