Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
SlakeMoth
Tolvo
BLA1NE
Buggy Virus
cloudyeki
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Yarxov
Imarreteet23
ViralEnsign_
13 posters

Life as a Wandering Salesman

ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Life as a Wandering Salesman - Page 2 Empty Re: Life as a Wandering Salesman

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:57 am

I accept all forms of payment for EoD's to Coins.

One guy today even had a Leon Kenndy Cosplay. He then asked for a Red9. Gave him 9 Red titanite Chunks. He was very amused.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:12 am

Im worried people will start mimicking us and use it as a disguise to kill the host/ invader
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:15 am

You really think people could be bothered doing that? I just can't see an invader being that clever.... oh wait I just broadcast it to all those invaders out there.

Kidding. I've seen my fair share of sneaky ***, brilliantly clever, and down right awesome moves from some of my invaders.

I figure they just won't bother.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:21 am

They usually don't. Most are more likely to bum rush you with a gold and/or white in tow.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:21 am

people go into NG+(+) just to grief the burg (for WotGs), I can see them doing this.

They might not, but people try to do the whole "unarmed fistfight-parry-riposte with Chaos Greataxe and hornets" (I didn't fall for it though and killed him twisted) you never know.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:12 am

Actually a lot of them are not in NG+ so that enemies don't deal much damage to them. They just leave the Taurus Demon alive when they beat the game. I usually leave him alive myself so I can host duels in the burg which is pretty fun.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:13 am

Is there naything in the game world that looks like it could accept coins? So it needs 99 of each before it spits out something?
    Also SL 45 - 60 in the painted world would be a good place to trade imo.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:34 am

Anyone who tries to farm me gets a +9 Fire Knife to the back and their souls fund my next investment into arms or support gear.
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:09 am

Maybe you should also trade for consumable souls
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:27 am

Some people willingly give up souls. Others trade titanite or odds and ends I can trade.

I can always use ammo because you don't find it on just every zombie villager of Los Illuminados cultist now do you?
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:25 pm

DoughGuy wrote:Is there naything in the game world that looks like it could accept coins? So it needs 99 of each before it spits out something?
    Also SL 45 - 60 in the painted world would be a good place to trade imo.
    40-60 is good for Anor Londo aswwll. My trader char is 65 and doing good in the Painted world
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:29 pm

Just made a couple of trades in the Painted World at sl 61. A good strategy is to hide behind the tree by the bonfire, then message them. Unless you have chameleon, of course.

Btw Yarxov, I stole your initial trade message, I hope you didn't copywright it. silly
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:35 pm

Nah, I hope you got the correct version, I had it wrong for awhile.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:27 am

Nice to see us all trading. I managed to off load that + Occult Katana I mentioned before.

Got 6 EoD's - 1 for the weapons, 1 for each level off occult upgrade, and 1 for the transaction fee.

Used those + 4 more EoD's to get Various Coins, A Crystal Greatsword, and 16 Blooming Moss (which I was forced to buy at 6000 souls a piece (geez that guy negotiated hard))

Then sold those on with some Cracked Red Eyes for around 50,000 souls.

Not bad if I do say so.

I'm keeping the Crystal Greatsword. See here later for my Merchant Build.

Also I propose a Merchant Play through challenge to all (especially Skare as this was his inception) wherein we agree on values for things and try to make the most profit we can before we beat Gwyn.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:28 am

I think you should do a trader playthrough. 1. You are not allowed to buy anything. 2.You go firelink > Burg > parish picking up all the items you find. 3. After that you cannot pick up any more items and must barter what you have for progressively better stuff.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:36 am

Nah I like trading with the NPC's and using their prices as a basis for my own. I like to make around a 25% profit on all one off trades. 12.5% on bulk trades.

I do like the picking things up. Though the real trading wouldn't start until I found Domhall in the Depths and got my Crystal Greatsword.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:03 am

That's a great idea for a competition. Not sure I'd have the time or stable enough internet for an entire playthrough but I would give it a whirl for an event.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:35 pm

It doesn't even have to be a solid event. Just create a thread and as people play through on that characters they post the better stories of the day.

Lol I'm thinking of trying it only taking to the new game 100,000 souls worth of personal equipment and 300,000 souls of trading items.

My goal is to get a net gain of 700,000 souls.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:52 pm

I bet you get that easy
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:54 am

skarekrow13 wrote:I bet you get that easy

I hope so. Some people take me for all I'm worth when we trade others I can work with.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:40 am

Had a couple guys try pelting me with DSB arrows while I was walking around unarmed. They even tried sneaking past me with Chameleon and I waved right at them. Rather rude.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:19 pm

It's amazing how clueless some players can be. Although with all the campers and gankers out there it coulda just been guys who get their kicks outta fighting unarmed opponents.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:10 am