Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Tolvo
Imarreteet23
Buggy Virus
7 posters

Curious about reputation on the site

Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Curious about reputation on the site Empty Curious about reputation on the site

Post by Buggy Virus Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:44 am

I joined and then after posting a little immediately went up to reputation 2, then today it went to 0, and now it's -1. What does it mean, and am I doing something wrong?
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Curious about reputation on the site Empty Re: Curious about reputation on the site

Post by Imarreteet23 Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:52 am

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t497-reputation-how-what-why?highlight=Reputation

This should answer your questions.

Edit: Sorry about the highlights, but I searched "reputation," so it is highlighted.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Curious about reputation on the site Empty Re: Curious about reputation on the site

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:23 am

Don't forget to check the resources thread, I have links to threads that discuss reputation in there.
    sinisterapathy
    sinisterapathy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinisterapathy Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:10 am

where is this + he speaks of?(in the link) Ive never seen it...

*edit* nvm i saw in another topic you have to have so many posts to do it.
    Deadpool
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : In front of my mirror thanking god for my sexy looks

Post by Deadpool Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:06 pm

I wouldnt worry about reputation anyway sir
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:51 pm

Deadpool wrote:I wouldnt worry about reputation anyway sir

You know why? Because there's no logic to it in my mind. I'm sure, if we're honest, most of us have contributed a post that we consider erudite/witty and sometimes positively game changing and wonder why at least one person isn't of the same opinion and given us a +. On the other hand it seems to me some people only have to 'break wind' and they get a +.

My criteria for awarding a plus is simple. If a post makes me laugh, is clever or if someone has taken the trouble to answer a question I've asked, then I'll award them a +.

Regarding minus's, however, I very rarely use 'em. I certainly wouldn't minus someone because their opinion differs from mine. The only time I would give a minus is if someone makes a nasty personal comment about me or has been obnoxius generally.

Of course all this is very subjective. My golden rule when voting on a post has always been: It's not the name of the poster that matters, it's what they say and the way that they say it.

Last edited by SlakeMoth on Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)
    bmurn
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : the Dead Burg (formerly "undead" but now renamed after a significant effort at regentrification.)

Post by bmurn Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:01 pm

Is there a way to tell what answer you gave received a "thanks"? I think it would be nice to send them a fruit basket or maybe some soap on a rope for their kindness.
    Deadpool
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : In front of my mirror thanking god for my sexy looks

Post by Deadpool Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:56 pm

Well spoken slakemoth

In my opinion, its just a gaming site. Reputation means nothing to me. Negative or positive votes will not change my life lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:36 pm