Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Yesuurd
Jovias-86
befowler
cloudyeki
Tolvo
DamageCK
10 posters

Getting ganked isn't all bad...

DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Getting ganked isn't all bad... Empty Getting ganked isn't all bad...

Post by DamageCK Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:38 pm

As the title suggests, I've been employing the "glass half full" mentality lately whenever I get rushed in a 3v1. I play pretty much exclusively in the Kiln because there's a pretty solid amount of straight up duels, but there's A LOT of ganking as well. So I figure, I'm probably going down anyway, might as well make the best of this garbage situation.

Firstly, get creative. I have spells that I attune just to mess with gankers. The bridge is an awesome spot to do something equally awesome before you probably die. Occasionally, I'll attune Acid Surge, just in case, and when I get ganked I run down there, wait for the baddies to huddle on the narrow walkway and destroy all of their equipment. HAHAHAH. Listen, that is BOSS. There are so many hilarious things you can do on your way out, it's almost made me look forward to getting triple-teamed.

Second, take time to observe the gankers' noob mentality. And laugh. Spawn in to three dudes. As you're spawning, one guy casts TWoP, another guy casts CHSM, and the third guy actually casts--get this--Darkmoon Blade. My first thought is, "What's all that for?" Seriously, dudes? For ONE guy?! And who casts DMB on the offensive end of a 3v1? IT ONLY GETS ONE CAST. Hahaha. It's almost like they misread my gamertag as "That BOSS from Ong Bak".

Anyway, anyone else have things they enjoy doing to take some of the sting out of being ripped off?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Getting ganked isn't all bad... Empty Re: Getting ganked isn't all bad...

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:45 pm

There is sort of a thread dedicated to fighting gankers haha, it's the forest hunter thread For the Glory of Alvina. It's in my signature. Is the kiln still full of them? I actually haven't PvP'ed there in a little while, I should check back on it.

Some of them have very interesting methods, I remember once I found a group with I think, five slots of Tempest. They would try to get you into tight areas and just flood the room with fire, I ran into them in the PW. Unfortunately for them I knew a thing or two about Stunlock haha.

EDIT: By the way, Welcome to the Forum man.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:46 pm

It's my job dealing with these fools, and one thing I enjoy the most is wrecking them and making them FEAR the insane pyromancer fool in the gargoyle helm. That mentality is great to exploit (OMFGWTFBBQ a cloud must dodge *rolls back and off a cliff*) I think they gank because they don't know how to deal with it. The most hilarious is after you deal with there buds they either suicide or DC.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:47 pm

There are some who gank as sort of a revenge against invaders, but they just become as bad as if not worse than the people who have been invading them. Most though just intend to cause grief to others and ruin the time of others.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:49 pm

It's not that bad during the day, I'd say average. But later at night it gets pretty hairy. I've spawn in to 3v1's at least ten times consecutively before. Which basically means I just goof off/die immediately. I'll have to check out that other thread though. And thanks for the welcome, man.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:53 pm

You know, I understand that it's frustrating to constantly lose when you first start playing, but that's the nature of anything that requires talent. It's not like we all came in and immediately just slam dunked everyone like champs. I got schooled all the time. Hell, I still get schooled. But these players don't get any better doing this stuff because they don't actually learn anything about strategy or countering certain builds and their strategies. It's all R1 spam.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:55 pm

And that is the exact reason why Parry/Riposte is the bane of most campers haha.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:56 pm

I hear you man. My first pvp in demon's souls was so amazing because I lost all the other times, that winning on my skills alone was amazing. Seeing the ganks over and over it makes me wonder how they even enjoy it
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:08 pm

Tolvo wrote:And that is the exact reason why Parry/Riposte is the bane of most campers haha.

Haha. Sometimes I try to switch to a rapier, equip a shield and hornet ring as I'm spawning just to get a clutch parry, but a lot of times I'll just take the hit. I get wigged out trying to do all that stuff during my two seconds of invincibility frames and end up blowing it anyway 'cause I'm all "LET'S DO THIS!" Hahahah.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:09 pm

cloudyeki wrote:I hear you man. My first pvp in demon's souls was so amazing because I lost all the other times, that winning on my skills alone was amazing. Seeing the ganks over and over it makes me wonder how they even enjoy it

Right? The whole thing seems really mundane actually.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:40 am

+1 for the Ong Bak reference. I'm just that easy.
    Jovias-86
    Jovias-86
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jovias-86 Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:51 am

So this is what I do when at Kiln...

I summon phantoms into my world. not always... and let them have 1v1 duels... twisted

Guess thats what they least expect at Kiln
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:57 am

DamageCK wrote:As the title suggests, I've been employing the "glass half full" mentality lately whenever I get rushed in a 3v1. I play pretty much exclusively in the Kiln because there's a pretty solid amount of straight up duels, but there's A LOT of ganking as well. So I figure, I'm probably going down anyway, might as well make the best of this garbage situation.

Firstly, get creative. I have spells that I attune just to mess with gankers. The bridge is an awesome spot to do something equally awesome before you probably die. Occasionally, I'll attune Acid Surge, just in case, and when I get ganked I run down there, wait for the baddies to huddle on the narrow walkway and destroy all of their equipment. HAHAHAH. Listen, that is BOSS. There are so many hilarious things you can do on your way out, it's almost made me look forward to getting triple-teamed.

Second, take time to observe the gankers' noob mentality. And laugh. Spawn in to three dudes. As you're spawning, one guy casts TWoP, another guy casts CHSM, and the third guy actually casts--get this--Darkmoon Blade. My first thought is, "What's all that for?" Seriously, dudes? For ONE guy?! And who casts DMB on the offensive end of a 3v1? IT ONLY GETS ONE CAST. Hahaha. It's almost like they misread my gamertag as "That BOSS from Ong Bak".

Anyway, anyone else have things they enjoy doing to take some of the sting out of being ripped off?

+1 From me for that great message, we share many thoughts on this matter.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:22 pm

I remember the first time I fought a group of three. . .

I narrowly managed to pull myself and the host off a cliff where I narrowly survived and he fell to his death. It was really cool. Then I sent him a message, and he started messaging me about how unfair it was since he was using a low level character against me.

Even though my character was a low level character. . .

Then he started bragging about his maxed stat character and I could never beat it with mine. And I said, well yeah. He then challenged me to a duel, and I said fine, make a lvl 40 and I'll make a lvl 40 and we can duel those.

He then shut up.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:32 pm

when I killed all of a Gankers friends he tried running and I spartan kicked him of a cliff and later mauled him every time I invaded twisted
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:13 pm

I simply tighten my grip on my weapon (the controller), cast buffs if i have time, and charge right in. I may or may not win but I am always determined to be remembered as that scythe weilding psychopath that slaughtered all of them.

(The ones that let me cast dmb ALWAYS regret it, i 2shot most of the poor sods)
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:17 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:I simply tighten my grip on my weapon (the controller), cast buffs if i have time, and charge right in. I may or may not win but I am always determined to be remembered as that scythe weilding psychopath that slaughtered all of them.

(The ones that let me cast dmb ALWAYS regret it, i 2shot most of the poor sods)

The scythe with DMB is BEAST. This one dude invaded and cast DMB and Power Within. I have 1800hp. Two hits, dude. Two hits. Haha.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:20 pm

Can't kill what you can't hit silly

I love all the GS users, because they are THE most deceptive players if they know how to use that beastly weapon. However, when a ganker tries to imitate its just as fun exploiting the whiffs twisted

Shout out to skare and forum, keep scything with the best of them!
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:36 pm

Jovias-86 wrote:So this is what I do when at Kiln...

I summon phantoms into my world. not always... and let them have 1v1 duels... twisted

Guess thats what they least expect at Kiln

Hahaha. On a related note, sometimes I'll drop a white summons, and if I get summoned to the world of a ganker, I just stand there when someone invades. I think I like your idea a little better though.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:38 pm

Haha, if you can manage it you can actually parry the host by the way. It's incredibly difficult to pull off, but I've managed to set up Ripostes for Invaders before haha.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:16 pm

That is effing GENIUS, my man. I have to try this.
    Jovias-86
    Jovias-86
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jovias-86 Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:21 am

Hahah... Tolvo crazy idea. guess we will just get bsed to death trying it out though. but it will be fun for sure... Leme try it too
    LOLRagezzz
    LOLRagezzz
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by LOLRagezzz Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:08 pm

Have the most fun and take the most time when your getting 3v1'ed.
    It just became your game now. big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:11 pm