Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Tolvo
RANT
reim0027
Buggy Virus
Knavery
9 posters

Addicted to Game, but Horrible at PvP

Knavery
    Knavery

Addicted to Game, but Horrible at PvP Empty Addicted to Game, but Horrible at PvP

Post by Knavery Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:06 pm

Hey all,
    I originally posted this on the Preparetodie forums, but apparently, I need approval with each post. I'm new here, so I just wanted to say hello to everyone. I've been addicted to this game for about 3-4 months now. I've tried about four different builds, which play very different from each other. But I'm getting to the point where the single player is getting a little boring. But at the same time, I'm completely horrible at PvP. I've tried my hand at the Dark Wraith covenant, but settled on Blades of The Darkmoon.

So let me ask, which I'm sure has been asked a million times. How does one improve at PvP? Is being good innate or is it learned? Despite what build I use, I just can't seem to overpower other players. And I'd say I definitely have a very good feel for the game now.

Oh! One last thing... I think the backstab ability in this game is really cheap. I don't mind it being in the game, but I personally think it's way too easy to perform on players in PvP. You don't even have to be behind someone to do it. Countless times I've seen people backstab me from the side, which looks really strange. The other person's character seems to teleport behind my character when this happens. So, it seems that people have exploited backstabbing to win duals.

Is there any advice you guys could give that help me not suck so much? I've read a few posts here and it seems like you're a good group of people. Thanks!
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Addicted to Game, but Horrible at PvP Empty Re: Addicted to Game, but Horrible at PvP

Post by Buggy Virus Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:09 pm

Watch alot of dark souls PvP videos. . .
    reim0027
    reim0027

Addicted to Game, but Horrible at PvP Empty Re: Addicted to Game, but Horrible at PvP

Post by reim0027 Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:54 pm

Check out this thread. It is full of good tips.
    https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t2940-pvp-advice-thread-from-experienced-pvp-players

Check out this thread. We have a group of people who regularly meet and duel. You'll get better real quick.
    https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t3178-psn-fc-s-chivalry-code
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:06 pm

find a weapon tha you really like using and get good at it, theres a lot of videos on youtube that teach you how to avoid lagstabs but sometimes lag is just really abd and people will just teleport to your back and youre dead, in invasions anything goes, do not expect a duel unless youre in the kiln or the burg but even then you might run into farmers and you will get gangbanged.if the person bows then its a duel if they start attacking you then anything goes. btw welcome to the forums.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:06 pm

As Reim said, as well there is the thread For the Glory of Alvina in my Signature. Plus there is the Global Resources Thread I have set up, which if you're in any of the sections you can see, as well it is also in my signature.

Welcome, as a new member if you are looking to know a bit more about us or want to get use to know a little bit more about you, there is the Introduce Yourself Thread. It is also in my signature.

I hope you enjoy your stay. big grin
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:08 pm

Buggy Virus wrote:Watch alot of dark souls PvP videos. . .

It's kind of funny, but yeah you can learn a ridiculous amount of tricks from just watching videos of people. In some ways it's a lot better than just reading up on it because you actually get to see timing, damage done, areas, and don't have to rely on people typing out paragraphs about just one small thing.
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:32 pm

Welcome Knavery. You are welcome to participate in FC sometime. Everyone is very nice and willing to show you some tricks. Reim posted a link to it above.
    Knavery
    Knavery

Post by Knavery Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:41 pm

Thanks for the kind words guys. It looks like I have a new hangout. I've been addicted to Dark Souls for a few months now after I picked it up for about 40 bucks. I've also got the incredible strategy guide, which has helped a great deal. What I really enjoy about this game is being able to generate a build and have it done with little time at all. And farming for resources to upgrade your equipment doesn't take nearly as long as playing a game like WoW, which I played for over five years. It's nice to run into a game where it's a lot like chess--easy to learn and hard to master.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:42 pm

Need to level up Blacksmithing? Time to go farm Thousand Needles for three days, so that I can get enough ore to level up about fifty times.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:50 pm

I joined FC and I learned a lot about dueling. It is really fun and epic. Then I started invading Painted World to practice random PvP, you know BS, turtling, spamming, 3vs1, etc. I'm getting good against those kind of players, you just have practice and survive. Also try to OHKO or 2HKO when fighting 2 or 3 vs 1, it is incredibly difficult, at least for me.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:20 pm

Ah crap. I forgot to welcome you. Sorry about that Knavery. Welcome to the forums!
    Knavery
    Knavery

Post by Knavery Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:26 pm

No problem at all. Thanks much!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:27 pm

By the way, is your avatar in reference to Seething and Loathing in Las Vegas?

EDIT: I need to stop using inside jokes on a Forum where no one will be able to get it.

Fear and Loathing haha.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:30 pm

Here's something I learned while hunting. Develop a style you can call your own. Countless times I run into the same exact giant+mask+dwgr with either bk, lightning/fire/chaos, and greatshields. They don't realize that I'm used to fighting these bs fishing fools and they share the exact same tactic.

With your own style you make it more difficult for your opponent to predict your next move. Favorite weapons and spells + armor to back up your weakspots, and aim to press your advantages.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:23 pm

Buggy Virus wrote:Watch alot of dark souls PvP videos. . .

This.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 9:58 am