Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Imarreteet23
ARSP
Yarxov
NedroidPrime
demonofelru
Uparkaam
PlasticandRage
barrywilkins
skarekrow13
User
Argetlam350
Johannsny
Tolvo
DoughGuy
Blade of The Sun
ViralEnsign_
Quarik
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Sulfur
cloudyeki
bloodpixel
25 posters

Who do you think is the most noble character in the game?

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Who do you think is the most noble character in the game? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you think is the most noble character in the game?

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:41 pm

I'm going to have to go with Solaire. He helps you over and over, seemingly with no personal benefit. Even after he becomes completely dissolutioned and depressed he's still willing to accompany you into battle with a God. That says nobility to me.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Who do you think is the most noble character in the game? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you think is the most noble character in the game?

Post by Uparkaam Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:35 pm

Ser Onion.
    demonofelru
    demonofelru

Post by demonofelru Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:35 pm

I think Soltaire or Lautrec.

Soltaire continuously assists you in you journey, no matter then enemy you face, in spite of his growing depression.

Lautrec is the only character who is fighting to help bring about the age of man. Even if his methods aren't so pure, he is, effectively, the only good guy in the game.
    NedroidPrime
    NedroidPrime
    Regular
    Regular

Post by NedroidPrime Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:09 pm

I would say the golems in Sen's Fortress.

They have been doing the same job for a couple thousand years, and then we show up...

Or maybe Sif, guarding the grave of his friend.
    Sulfur
    Sulfur
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sulfur Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:41 pm

Johannsny wrote:Siegmeyer of Catarina. Very resourceful fellow, everything just tends to work out for him.

Dying of poison doesn't really fall under "working out well" IMO.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:21 pm

Ornstein. He's the only one who lives by a Code of Honor in Dark Souls, bless his heart.

-Domhall -Giant Blacksmith(He's super nice!) -Reah
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:25 pm

Ingward he holds a lonely vigil protecting Lordran from the four kings. He fights ghost cures your curses for free and teaches you how to do it yourself. His two companions abandoned him yet protects us forever more. Seriously this thread says Noblest not favorite (all the other noble character have ulterior motives and I'll be happy to explain)

Last edited by ARSP on Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:32 pm

Kirk, the knight of thorns. He joined the darkwraiths to learn their secrets, and now invades for the sake of his fair lady, Quelaan. Talk about noble.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:58 pm

ARSP wrote:Ingward he holds a lonely vigil protecting Lordran from the four kings. He fights ghost cures your curses for free and teaches you how to do it yourself. His two companions abandoned him yet protects us forever more. Seriously this thread says Noblest not favorite (all the other noble character have ulterior motives and I'll be happy to explain)

Please explain Oscar's ulterior motive to me. He, Gwyn and know Kirk are the 3 most noble chars.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:10 am

Well, I don't know about the other two, but Gwyn's ulterior motive is that he was so deathly afraid of the undead that he literally sacraficed his well being to keep the flame lit. His motives had little to do with "good," just fear. Atleast, I'm pretty sure thats true.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:13 am

Priscilla
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:24 am

Imarreteet23 wrote:Well, I don't know about the other two, but Gwyn's ulterior motive is that he was so deathly afraid of the undead that he literally sacraficed his well being to keep the flame lit. His motives had little to do with "good," just fear. Atleast, I'm pretty sure thats true.

Haha I wasnt actually asking for Gwyns ulterior motive, just Oscar's. And maybe Kirks.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:25 am

... ugh. :roll:

I guess you said yes to Kaathe, yes?
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:26 am

I wanna hear about Laurentias' motives
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:30 am

Power Within is his ulterior motive/being madly in love with chaos magics.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:32 am

I think it's more him wanting to either show up his peer Carmina or to impress her
    Sulfur
    Sulfur
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sulfur Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:35 am

Forget everything I said about tarkus, he is a badass, as proven by this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbHtRggFsNA
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:38 am

Tarkus spits on your notion of needing a person to actually play the game.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:39 am

Depends on how he feels, thou. Sometimes he is good. Sometimes, if you leave the giant alive... not so lol
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:39 am

Say it with me now.... TAAAARKUUUUUUS!!!!!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:58 am

WyrmHero wrote:Priscilla

Cough.... No bias... COUGH!
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:10 am

Noble? Hmm...gonna say the Fair Lady. She's the only character I can think of who willingly sacrificed purely for the sake of others. Everyone else, either NPC or your own character, is in Lordran either for selfish reasons (Logan, Solaire, Gwyndolin) or because they have nowhere else to go (Anastacia, Reah) and/or nothing better to do (Laurentius, Crestfallen Warrior). Oscar is about the only other person to willfully give to another being without first owing you something or asking for something in return (this of course being when he released you from the prison), but you could argue that he's only doing it as a way to see his own mission completed, and not out of compassion when he sees the only sane Undead in the Asylum.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:43 am

Oscar spends god knows how long adventuring in Lordran, dying over and over and over and over again attempting to complete his undead mission, whether to link or abandon) before finally admitting failure. Then, so his life isn't a complete waste he journeys all the way back to the asylum to free another undead so they can complete his quest and save the world. (Yes you do save the world since you destroy the source of demons, the undead army and Seath with his plans to conquer lordran). That is noble. Of course the white lady does come close, as does Gwyn and Kirk but no one beats him.

Sorry if I come off a bit strong but Oscar's my fave char.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:12 am

Me.
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:03 am

DoughGuy wrote:
    ARSP wrote:Ingward he holds a lonely vigil protecting Lordran from the four kings. He fights ghost cures your curses for free and teaches you how to do it yourself. His two companions abandoned him yet protects us forever more. Seriously this thread says Noblest not favorite (all the other noble character have ulterior motives and I'll be happy to explain)

Please explain Oscar's ulterior motive to me. He, Gwyn and know Kirk are the 3 most noble chars.
    Oscar's Motive was to complete his family's prophecy he was likely planning to use you so he could accomplish his goal he just happened to die along the way so he passed his mission to you.
    As for Kirk he invades people for humanity which in it's self is considered evil. If he serves the darkwraiths then he does for humanity which is power in it's self. If he is a chaos servant then he probrably did it for power as well. If you give "our fair lady" enough humanity then you will gain more powerful pyromancies.
    Gwyn may have for a time been noble for a time but he is not anymore. He wants to continue the age of fire so that he can stay in power and gwyn has long since hollowed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:05 am