Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

More Into The Future

Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

More Into The Future Empty More Into The Future

Post by Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:48 am

Hey this sort of goes along with my other post about future weapons and armor, but its about a completely different part of the game. In future soul-based games, I think they should make the invasion system almost like an arena-style battle to where one person faces you at a time and whoever wins, faces the next person. Also, they should allow the ability of party chat for purposes of clan events and group battles. Now not to get too crazy, but maybe they could also designate a specific area that can only be used for trading and/or PvP. This goes back to my idea of an arena. The "consession stands" could be trading stands where people can offer certain item in return for an item they are looking for, as long as its not a bad trade, like a broken sword for a titanite slab. This would basically allow the game to be seperated into different styles, based on what you like to do. Obviously there would still be a whole world/worlds to explore for the purpose of fighting enemies and bosses, as well as getting items like armor and weapons. To me this seems like a reasonable change in the game, but thats exactly why I posted this here, to ask for your thoughts and opinions of it. To add one more thing to the list, you would only be able to fight people who are in your range of level. For example, someone who is level 600 has to fight someone who is level 580-620. This is all for the purpose of fare fights. Now its your turn to offer opinions.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

More Into The Future Empty Re: More Into The Future

Post by ErrJon6661 Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:28 pm

What you're proposing has been proposed since demon's souls. However I doubt it will ever be implemented in the games. Here's why:

Invaders and white phantoms are supposed to be nameless spirits from other worlds. Introducing arena combat, organized matches, party chat will all take away from this experience. On top of that many users have already found out how to do what you're proposing and if you're interested in duels there is currently a fight club.
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:12 pm

ErrJon6661 wrote:What you're proposing has been proposed since demon's souls. However I doubt it will ever be implemented in the games. Here's why:

Invaders and white phantoms are supposed to be nameless spirits from other worlds. Introducing arena combat, organized matches, party chat will all take away from this experience. On top of that many users have already found out how to do what you're proposing and if you're interested in duels there is currently a fight club.

I understand what your saying, but if so many people want this, than it shouldn't matter if phantoms are supposed to be "mysterious". Appearently a lot of people want more organized battles, so this would be a good addition. Now this is not to say that you still couldn't invade in other areas of the game, but if you want to set up fight clubs and trade sessions, this would be a more easier way to do it. Do you understand what i am getting at?
    NedroidPrime
    NedroidPrime
    Regular
    Regular

Post by NedroidPrime Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:23 pm

But at it's heart, this isn't really a multi-player game like others.

I understand what you are wanting, but it just doesn't fit with this game. Breaks the continuity. Plus, half of the thrill of the PvP is when you aren't expecting it (for me at least). Also, the PvP is explained as being possible because time isn't a solid thing in Lordran. Overall I think your idea would detract more from the game than it would add, because it would kinda break the immersion. Plus, I really REALLY hate waiting in MP queues

The Prepare To Die additional content announced so far has teased better multiplayer capabilities, but it is running GfWL, so they may not work. Plus, there are no details on what the enhancements are.

We still don't have word about that content coming to consoles, and from what I have read from developers, we will likely have to wait for a GoTY edition or something later.
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:44 pm

NedroidPrime wrote:But at it's heart, this isn't really a multi-player game like others.

I understand what you are wanting, but it just doesn't fit with this game. Breaks the continuity. Plus, half of the thrill of the PvP is when you aren't expecting it (for me at least). Also, the PvP is explained as being possible because time isn't a solid thing in Lordran. Overall I think your idea would detract more from the game than it would add, because it would kinda break the immersion. Plus, I really REALLY hate waiting in MP queues

The Prepare To Die additional content announced so far has teased better multiplayer capabilities, but it is running GfWL, so they may not work. Plus, there are no details on what the enhancements are.

We still don't have word about that content coming to consoles, and from what I have read from developers, we will likely have to wait for a GoTY edition or something later.

I guess i can see your point..... Maybe the multiplayer aspect isnt meant for this game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:22 am