Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Being a powerful agile mage?

Sulfur
    Sulfur
    Addicted
    Addicted

Being a powerful agile mage? Empty Being a powerful agile mage?

Post by Sulfur Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:03 pm

Yeah, my mage build isn't the typical tank build you see on most mages, i rock my low DEF black sorcerer kit and the DWGR, an enchanted estoc, a knight shield and of course, a catalyst.

So my question is, what spells should i attune? right now I only have 4 slots at 28 int.
    also, telling me what i should attune in the future would be a big help.
    dirkdeadeye
    dirkdeadeye
    Regular
    Regular

Being a powerful agile mage? Empty Re: Being a powerful agile mage?

Post by dirkdeadeye Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:51 pm

I'm no expert, but if you're going for a battlemage sort of thing, I'd say homing crystal soulmass, crystal weapon, (With a +15 katana, I think roughly my build will do 700~AR, curved sword wouldin't be far off, and I love their move sets) and the other two may as well be for utility like greater magic shield, remedy, hidden body, hidden weapon. Also, don't forget pyro. Combustion, and fire whip..there may be some value in those..and they don't require stats other than attunement.

Personally I'm striving to use CMW, with a dex/int build..I'll play with the soul arrow spells, and spears.. pyro. This is sort of the flexibility I couldin't get in WoW with my mage. Either don the robes and shoot spells, or throw on the elite knight armor, and swing a crystal enhanced sword.

Again, i'm a novice, but the spells are kind of slow moving, so you can't afford to telegraph a windup, just to have someone roll around a spell, and come out of it with an attack.
    Sulfur
    Sulfur
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sulfur Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:03 am

So a crystal magic buffed weapon is a better choice than a maxed out enhanced one?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:15 am

Try Great Soul Arrow and CMW. Also CHSM.
    dirkdeadeye
    dirkdeadeye
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dirkdeadeye Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:27 am

Sulfur wrote:So a crystal magic buffed weapon is a better choice than a maxed out enhanced one?
    Crystal magic weapon adds magic damage to standard weapons, so if its +15, or +5 raw you're good

It doesn't buff boss weapons dark/silver knight weapons, elemental, magic, chaos....etc, basically just plain weapons with standard enhancement
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:51 am

dragon breath is viable but you have to get good at it and not lock on to people, its more of a guessing game but you will get some kills with it, ive only killed like 15 people with it but i rarely use my sorcerer, i like str/fai builds. this video helped me a lot;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vDdAiTmXDY&feature=relmfu

edit; crap wrong thread.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:40 pm