Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Maneater_Mildred
GrEeNgObLiN
Glutebrah
ted1023
RANT
aceluby
10 posters

    New FC area?

    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac


    Posts : 1208
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 41
    Location : Minneapolis, MN

    New FC area? Empty New FC area?

    Post by aceluby Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:30 am

    I was playing last night and realized there is a REALLY good spot to duel right before the firesage. It's the area by the last Capra Demon that contains a knight soul.

    Area is a good size, has some dangerous ledges, is relatively flat, and doesn't have easy escape routes like Kiln. Plus, given that firesage can be an optional boss, anybody can keep the area open for hosting.

    Thoughts?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden


    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    New FC area? Empty Re: New FC area?

    Post by RANT Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:55 am

    aceluby wrote:I was playing last night and realized there is a REALLY good spot to duel right before the firesage. It's the area by the last Capra Demon that contains a knight soul.

    Area is a good size, has some dangerous ledges, is relatively flat, and doesn't have easy escape routes like Kiln. Plus, given that firesage can be an optional boss, anybody can keep the area open for hosting.

    Thoughts?

    what about the area right before the fog door? also theres a lot of traffic in that area but invasions shouldnt be a problem. i could leave firesage on my faith build but that'd mean i cant host in btown, im gonna go check the ares again first.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac


    Posts : 1208
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 41
    Location : Minneapolis, MN

    New FC area? Empty Re: New FC area?

    Post by aceluby Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:59 am

    RantFromRant wrote:
    aceluby wrote:I was playing last night and realized there is a REALLY good spot to duel right before the firesage. It's the area by the last Capra Demon that contains a knight soul.

    Area is a good size, has some dangerous ledges, is relatively flat, and doesn't have easy escape routes like Kiln. Plus, given that firesage can be an optional boss, anybody can keep the area open for hosting.

    Thoughts?

    what about the area right before the fog door? also theres a lot of traffic in that area but invasions shouldnt be a problem. i could leave firesage on my faith build but that'd mean i cant host in btown, im gonna go check the ares again first.

    I thought about that area as well, but the area by the Capra demon is a bit bigger.

    And you're right about hosting, you need to beat Quelaag to get to it, so hosts of Btown would need to use a different character unfortunately.
    ted1023
    ted1023
    Addicted
    Addicted


    Posts : 233
    Reputation : 16
    Join date : 2012-01-25
    Location : USA

    New FC area? Empty Re: New FC area?

    Post by ted1023 Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:03 pm

    Im thinking about this, now if your a phantom and get sent back to the bone fire, Will all the enemies re-spawn? you'll have about 6 stone demons 1 Taurus demon and the capra demon to deal with everytime before dropping your rss. Now if they don't respawn then it would be a good size place. The one good thing about Btown is the bonfire is just a jog away from the arena.lol
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed


    Posts : 1942
    Reputation : 102
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    New FC area? Empty Re: New FC area?

    Post by Glutebrah Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:20 pm

    what bosses are optional??

    Taurus... painted worlds, Demon ruins.. butterfly... gaping dragon.. Sif (first playthrough only). those are it right???
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac


    Posts : 1125
    Reputation : 32
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 44
    Location : Belgium,Antwerpen

    New FC area? Empty Re: New FC area?

    Post by GrEeNgObLiN Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:26 pm

    Idd
    Bonfire is belangrijk zodat je niet veel tijd verspeelt als je respawnd

    Edit: sorry forget that i need to speak english
    I was saying that the bonfire is important so you dont waste much time to get there everytime we respawn
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden


    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    New FC area? Empty Re: New FC area?

    Post by RANT Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:39 pm

    what about the area before the shortcut with all the sunlight maggots? that could be fun tooo and you can just rush through all the monster there and they wont follow you. it looks pretty good to me.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator


    Posts : 2525
    Reputation : 182
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 49
    Location : The 3rd place.

    New FC area? Empty Re: New FC area?

    Post by Maneater_Mildred Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:44 pm

    Just before the centipede... Its a big root filled room just below a fire....
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac


    Posts : 1208
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 41
    Location : Minneapolis, MN

    New FC area? Empty Re: New FC area?

    Post by aceluby Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:31 pm

    That's an ok spot too, again, it's a little closed off for what I personally am looking for. As for being summoned I wouldn't mind summoning by the bonfire as a host and clearing out those guys, but it's a trek. Didn't really think of that and it's a pretty good point. Oh well.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator


    Posts : 2525
    Reputation : 182
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 49
    Location : The 3rd place.

    New FC area? Empty Re: New FC area?

    Post by Maneater_Mildred Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:46 pm

    aceluby wrote:That's an ok spot too, again, it's a little closed off for what I personally am looking for. As for being summoned I wouldn't mind summoning by the bonfire as a host and clearing out those guys, but it's a trek. Didn't really think of that and it's a pretty good point. Oh well.

    I do like the area before firesage near the carpa demon, and dont think it would be too hard to kill everything solo, tho i guess some people migyt be on ng++ so might be a pain. But yeah the fear of falling to death would add something to the fights.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead


    Posts : 5912
    Reputation : 177
    Join date : 2012-02-27
    Age : 35
    Location : ENGLAND!!!

    New FC area? Empty Re: New FC area?

    Post by billy_bayonet Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:18 pm

    i always thoughts tomb of the giants in the patches area could be fun as hell
    reim0027
    reim0027
    Moderator
    Moderator


    Posts : 6715
    Reputation : 381
    Join date : 2012-01-28

    New FC area? Empty Re: New FC area?

    Post by reim0027 Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:04 pm

    Rant - last time I checked, the sunlight maggot area was a hotspot for people doing 0 poise PvP. Mil - IIRC, that area is know for poise stabbers and was busy awhile back.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator


    Posts : 2525
    Reputation : 182
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 49
    Location : The 3rd place.

    New FC area? Empty Re: New FC area?

    Post by Maneater_Mildred Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:10 pm

    reim0027 wrote:Rant - last time I checked, the sunlight maggot area was a hotspot for people doing 0 poise PvP. Mil - IIRC, that area is know for poise stabbers and was busy awhile back.

    I geuss i dont get out much anymore...
    reim0027
    reim0027
    Moderator
    Moderator


    Posts : 6715
    Reputation : 381
    Join date : 2012-01-28

    New FC area? Empty Re: New FC area?

    Post by reim0027 Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:45 pm

    I haven't been there in a while. I don't know if it is still going on.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru


    Posts : 2631
    Reputation : 172
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Montreal

    New FC area? Empty Re: New FC area?

    Post by BLA1NE Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:32 am

    Yeah, the Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith are absolutely ripe with places we can PvP in. The hardest part, really, is just picking one!

    - Large Flame Ember area
    - Last Capra area
    - DoC shortcut area
    - In Lost Izalith, that flat area with a bunch of Fire-Jabbas just before where the floor breaks and you fall into the sewers
    - Etc.

    Lots of places to pick from there. Deciding factors could be: quickness of access from a bonfire (Lost Izalith is kind of annoying, to be honest), how many mobs you need to clear from the arena, and how hidden and easy the area is to defend from unwanted invaders.

    By the way, the fire-jabbas and the taurus on the way from the Demon Ruins bonfire to the Firesage door are really easy to run by. No need to kill them every time you want to go place your RSS.
    reim0027
    reim0027
    Moderator
    Moderator


    Posts : 6715
    Reputation : 381
    Join date : 2012-01-28

    New FC area? Empty Re: New FC area?

    Post by reim0027 Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:19 am

    Yeah, we need to stay out of high traffic PvP areas, unless we can hide out summon sign easily and close. Otherwise, we risk being summoned by someone else.

    You can PvP in Sif's area, just got to stay away from the sword. It is really large, so boundaries may need to be set. It is a fairly quick run from the bonfire to the boss area.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead


    Posts : 5912
    Reputation : 177
    Join date : 2012-02-27
    Age : 35
    Location : ENGLAND!!!

    New FC area? Empty Re: New FC area?

    Post by billy_bayonet Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:32 am

    ive found that the dukes isnt that high a traffic area maybe 1 or 2 invasion but nothing major
    Jovias-86
    Jovias-86
    Insomniac
    Insomniac


    Posts : 1369
    Reputation : 16
    Join date : 2012-03-20
    Age : 37
    Location : LORDRAN

    New FC area? Empty Re: New FC area?

    Post by Jovias-86 Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:22 am

    RantFromRant wrote:what about the area before the shortcut with all the sunlight maggots? that could be fun tooo and you can just rush through all the monster there and they wont follow you. it looks pretty good to me.

    This ares looks nice Rant... There should be very less traffic there too...
    ted1023
    ted1023
    Addicted
    Addicted


    Posts : 233
    Reputation : 16
    Join date : 2012-01-25
    Location : USA

    New FC area? Empty Re: New FC area?

    Post by ted1023 Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:31 pm

    reim0027 wrote:Yeah, we need to stay out of high traffic PvP areas, unless we can hide out summon sign easily and close. Otherwise, we risk being summoned by someone else.

    You can PvP in Sif's area, just got to stay away from the sword. It is really large, so boundaries may need to be set. It is a fairly quick run from the bonfire to the boss area.

    I kinda like the idae of the sif arena, it's like the butterfly garden area. I didn't know you could drop your rss there. Your right as long as you don't hit the sword you should have no problems. I think once your in there the forest hunters cant invade either.
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac


    Posts : 1125
    Reputation : 32
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 44
    Location : Belgium,Antwerpen

    New FC area? Empty Re: New FC area?

    Post by GrEeNgObLiN Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:35 pm

    Does anyone actually even try it out sifs area? Dont think its possible cause of the fog? I am willing to try it out.
    reim0027
    reim0027
    Moderator
    Moderator


    Posts : 6715
    Reputation : 381
    Join date : 2012-01-28

    New FC area? Empty Re: New FC area?

    Post by reim0027 Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:09 pm

    It's possible, and I'm pretty sure Forest hunters can't invade, like ted said. Another nice thing about it is it's easy to get to, and can be done anytime (the same toon can host in multiple areas).

    Sponsored content


    New FC area? Empty Re: New FC area?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:20 am