Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Reaperfan
Yarxov
Railage
PlasticandRage
DoughGuy
Dubscythe
10 posters

Since I'll be using Ornstein's Armor and Spear

Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Since I'll be using Ornstein's Armor and Spear - Page 2 Empty Re: Since I'll be using Ornstein's Armor and Spear

Post by Dubscythe Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:36 pm

Reaperfan wrote:
    Dubscythe wrote:I'm starting to think I may want to make a new character, which isn't and exciting prospect considering I've dedicated 20+ hours to this one.

I'm not at the point yet where I can speed through Dark Souls.

Just keep at it. After enough playthroughs and making new characters you'll get used to it and not worry so much about old characters. I've dedicated more than 20 hours to some throwaway characters I've made just for the lulz like my Dragon Bone Fist dual-wielding character, and it stops feeling like such a chore when you learn the most effective paths through the game winking

I'm thinking of making a PvE character that I can just go through the game with a few times and collect everything. 1000/1000 the game and such.
    djgq42
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

Since I'll be using Ornstein's Armor and Spear - Page 2 Empty Re: Since I'll be using Ornstein's Armor and Spear

Post by djgq42 Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:57 pm

Dubscythe wrote:
    Reaperfan wrote:
    Dubscythe wrote:I'm starting to think I may want to make a new character, which isn't and exciting prospect considering I've dedicated 20+ hours to this one.

Just keep at it. After enough playthroughs and making new characters you'll get used to it and not worry so much about old characters. I've dedicated more than 20 hours to some throwaway characters I've made just for the lulz like my Dragon Bone Fist dual-wielding character, and it stops feeling like such a chore when you learn the most effective paths through the game winking

I'm thinking of making a PvE character that I can just go through the game with a few times and collect everything. 1000/1000 the game and such.

why not use this toon as a practice dummy of sorts? play around with the various tactics like going shield-less and parrying. if you could have parrying down by the time you start pvping regularly, you would really surprise a lot of your opponents. have fun with this character and try a bit of everything.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:09 pm

djgq42 wrote:
    Dubscythe wrote:
    Reaperfan wrote:

why not use this toon as a practice dummy of sorts? play around with the various tactics like going shield-less and parrying. if you could have parrying down by the time you start pvping regularly, you would really surprise a lot of your opponents. have fun with this character and try a bit of everything.

That's a good idea, I'm just not sure if I'm willing to put up with Tomb of Giants, Lost Izalith, Four Kings and all just for a character that will be less than optimal.
    Rassa
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Rassa Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:30 am

Better off taking 6 out of faith and maxing dex to 40. Dex scales the weapon the best. Also im pretty sure bandit is the best starting class for any DSS build, bandit or warrior id have to check again. Aside from that its pretty solid. Id almost say take points out of vit and spike the damage of it
    What miracles are you using? WoG is nice for finishing off people or getting out of a sticky situation, but spears tend to do a lot of jousting and dont need to worry about close encounters anyway. Anyway id drop attunement to 12 as well, only really need 2 spell slots. 1 for WoG, 1 for Greater magic shield. My 2 cents. OH and i think 32 endurance with FAP ring is all you need for 5 spear attacks and it should give you enough endurance for the set, spear, and a 3 weight shield.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:30 pm

Dubscythe wrote:
    djgq42 wrote:
    Dubscythe wrote:
    Reaperfan wrote:

That's a good idea, I'm just not sure if I'm willing to put up with Tomb of Giants, Lost Izalith, Four Kings and all just for a character that will be less than optimal.

You can always experiment with low level builds. There is lots of PvP at low levels, not just 120SL, so making a new build to **** around doesn't always mean doing the whole game. You could just get to the Burg or Depths etc and PvP away.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 7:15 pm