Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Rynn
Kaminari
his1n-
Sulfur
DoughGuy
Imarreteet23
10 posters

Ascended pyro glove versus +15 pyro glove

his1n-
    his1n-
    Addicted
    Addicted

Ascended pyro glove versus +15 pyro glove - Page 3 Empty Re: Ascended pyro glove versus +15 pyro glove

Post by his1n- Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:13 pm

Now you went downhill hard.

You cant call people idiots and says its opinion not an insult. thats not how it works.
    Of course, I didn't call anyone an idiot, I just stated my momentary thought.
    It's like saying this apple smells like chicken to me, which is possible.

you cannot assume someone is unfamiliar with the game because they disagree with you.

I can assume that by reading -anything- he wrote. If he sounds to you like someone who is a boss at Dark Souls, then holy. So I didn't do that because he disagreed, but because it was simply obvious.

Insulting someone for a reson does not change the fact you insulted
    them. You may have apologised but by then the damage had already been
    done.

Depends on the involved people. Though absolutely you are right, still doesn't make the things I said about this wrong.

Rynn did research, you did research, he did it first.

What do you mean not "more"

More likely, not indubitably.
    The 4 people can still be wrong, even if less likely than me being wrong.

I'm sorry but you sound very arrogant and that is making it hard to agree with anything you say.

Then stop it, you believe far too hard into made up rules of kindness to accept any possible thing I'd write and I will change after this argument as likely as it seems.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Ascended pyro glove versus +15 pyro glove - Page 3 Empty Re: Ascended pyro glove versus +15 pyro glove

Post by reim0027 Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:21 pm

Ok. Enough of this bickering. Let's get this back on topic, or it's being locked.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:28 pm

reim0027 wrote:Ok. Enough of this bickering. Let's get this back on topic, or it's being locked.

Ok sorry. Point stands we do need to get more people to test the time the lava satys and its damage. I know mine did 50-60% damage not 33%. It might be a country thing like the elite knight armour poise. When did Rynn do his testing.
    his1n-
    his1n-
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by his1n- Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:30 pm

Germany's numbers stand.
    Do the necessary guys.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:53 pm

DoughGuy wrote:But I also know he proved his tested info right a long time ago. And I also trust him more since he carefully explained it and you wrote - "I have videos taken quickly by a mobile cam, but due to brightness
    issues, as I was/am in a hurry, you can barely see the damage numbers" which in my experience is written by someone who knows they're losing an argument and doesnt want to admit it. I'll do my own testing later today to see whose right.
    I am back, I did some more structured tests of my own pertaining to this as well. Lava duration didn't really increase, however the speed that damage is inflicted by the lava (how often it "hits" when standing in it) does seem (SEEM, even after 4 hours I'm not too sure) to increase by roughly 33%, based on how Seath the scaleless consistently was taking 4 hits from the lava, rather then 3, however the actual damage of the spell did not increase, and no idiot is going to stand in the lava and let it hit them again.

The differences in-between chaos at 0 and 10 are so minor to nonexistant that it's not worth fretting about at all, and I'd bet that it's a broken feature, or incorrect translation. I'm curious on if it is broken particularily because prior to patch 1.5, when I last used pyromancy, I'm rather positive I've seen all the things prior posted by myself. It causes me to wonder if it got broken when pyromancy got nerfed.

I'd like to comment on something though,

his1n- wrote:....... The numbers don't play any role anymore as early as the lava's duration is unaffected, because if one line of his is wrong, his entire argument loses all certainty.
    If you were around when we were discovering that RES actually does effect damage in PvE, you would have noticed that several of my claims on that stat were later refuted, a few of those refuted points were even refuted by myself once I discovered that another factor was behind why something did or did not happen. The point I'm making with this anecdote is that a person can be completely right, partially right, partially wrong, or completely wrong, and when people are figuring out how something works, there is a good chance they will never be completely right on how it operates. From this you can conclude that refuting one of my statements does not mean everything I say could then immediately be thrown out of the window. Society would get nothing done if life was that cutthroat, and we'd still believe the earth was flat.

I'm not angry that you've found out I'm wrong on anything, but so blatantly claiming that means I know nothing about dark souls, or otherwise suck isn't necessarily nor likely to be tolerated by me. Thankyou, goodbye.

Last edited by Rynn on Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected a few minor (but rather bad for the comprehension of the post) typo's.)
    his1n-
    his1n-
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by his1n- Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:59 pm

From this you can conclude that refuting one of my
    statements does not mean everything I say could then immediately be
    thrown out of the window.

Truth. I don't deny.
    The fact is, people were like Rynn's all right big grin .
    If one line of yours is wrong, your statement loses indubitably its certainty, we have then as much reason to believe that the rest is right as reason to believe that it's wrong. Basically a loss of 50%, philosophically calculated.
    Did I say that this one wrong part of your post proves your entire post wrong? No. I said, you can't be 100% sure anymore that everything he said is right.

Now simply stop the mass-quotes and do what lord reim0027 said.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:02 pm

Topic has run it's course.
    I'll resolve this thread by, for the second time, correcting you; -she-
    his1n-
    his1n-
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by his1n- Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:06 pm

S...sorry, saved.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:53 pm

Wow. Been gone a long time. Lots of posts, and lots of stuff flying around haha! Rynn's right. I believe I said something similar where there is a difference in the afterlava's damage with different humanity, but it's so minuscule, the only way to see any real difference is point-blank chaos firestorm Seath. There is a possibility that region has something to do with the strength of the afterlava. I wouldn't know. I'm not in Germany hahaha!

By the way, I admit I've just recently gotten into the lore of this game and into a community, but I'm not unfamiliar. I may have less than 100 posts, and I may be amazed that you can do a playthrough in 2 hours. I've never tried. I've always taken my time and RP'ed my characters at least a little haha! I bought this game at release, and I've had a total of 170 hours played. It's not super impressive, but I've played over 64 hours on my Pyromancer, and the majority of that time is co-oping, which gives me plenty of expertise for this topic.

I sincerely apologize if I bring up old topics, but I believe I have a chance to give my 2 cents in defending my position. And I believe I've done so. If I've offended anyone, please let me know in a PM instead of bringing it back into the forum.

Love, man. Love. ❤

Full homo.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:53 am

Sorry guys, but why is his1n- still here :| And why are people still trying to argue with this hopeless case.

I don't get it, maybe someone should go through the posts again and analize them, seriously.

This guy acted like a complete butthole as soon as he joined this forum, insulting people etc.

Then practically denying his previous post, stating weird arguments, finding unbelievably ridiculous excuses that can't even be relevant, and it works :shock: ?

This guy broke about all of the forum rules... and the general rules of life, you know, just respecting people instead of finding ridiculous ways to insult them just for disagreeing... repeatedly.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:12 am

Personally, I don't mind as much because he's just someone on the other side of a computer screen. He can say what he wants, and it doesn't matter. He's simply typing what's in his brain. And what's there are insults. Who are we to say that those aren't the things he hears every day? Maybe he doesn't and he's just an a-hole. Makes noooo difference to me haha! Mk, I'm gonna be done with this thread. Cya on the others! big grin
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:21 am

Guys, you only escaped being locked just, dont invite the mods back.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:00 am

As long as this guy keeps posting it will most likely amount to an equally ruined thread. Dough, I already gave up arguing with him, I just wanted to mention that I'd have already banned this user in the first place, the things he comes up with are unbelievable.

And how he defends himself is even more unbelievable. His endlessly ambivalent and contradicting posts nearly make my head explode.

EDIT: I'm in no way talking about this whole chaos pyro discussing thing, I did not take part in this, I'm talking about the arguing about his behavior.

And I know he's going to start arguing again now, saying that I should stop acting childish and ridiculous and being useless and bringing up everything again and again, and that I was the one who insulted him for practically nothing, and that I was the one who kept it all going etc etc...

Or he will only just call me names and tell me to go die in a fire. Of Great Chaos Fireball. Yeah, to get on topic again... :|

I didn't know that the cap seems to be at 10 humanity, and that the effects seem so minor. I always assumed that you will need a lot more humanity to make this spell useful and deal descent amounts of damage, hence why I never even tried chaos pyromancies and used the regular ones instead...

Ascended pyro glove versus +15 pyro glove - Page 3 2707236321

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:39 am