Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

LLoyd's Talismans randomly appearing...

Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

LLoyd's Talismans randomly appearing... Empty LLoyd's Talismans randomly appearing...

Post by Rynoa Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:51 pm

Thisis what happened to me some days ago:

I was jolly co-oping with a friend to help me with the 4 kings in NG+ (damn them!), and we were in the darkwraith area of New Londo, when I saw an item on the floor. You know like when someone drops you an item, I saw the little golden bag floating, I picked it up and it contained a Lloyd talisman. My friend swore he didn't drop anything (and in fact he was behind me when I found it) and I wasn't invaded at all in that session. Weird..

Well today I was summoned in the Kiln and when my summoner died and I returned back to my own world there it was, a floating bag with inside a Lloyd's talisman!
    I'm pretty sure I didn't summon anyone nor was invaded in my world.

Is there some kind of explanation I can't think of? And why lloyd's talismans??
    I tried some experiments with my friend, like "he summons me - drops an item - dies" but it didn't work.
    True King Doran
    True King Doran
    Addicted
    Addicted

LLoyd's Talismans randomly appearing... Empty Re: LLoyd's Talismans randomly appearing...

Post by True King Doran Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:34 pm

When a player is playing online, and they drop an item in their world, the item becomes a "vagrant" item, traveling to other players worlds. As time goes on and the item is not picked up, the item becomes "stronger" somehow until it becomes a vagrant black phantom, an enemy in your world, which i believe drops the same item once you kill it.
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

LLoyd's Talismans randomly appearing... Empty Re: LLoyd's Talismans randomly appearing...

Post by Rynoa Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:35 pm

Sorry but no vagrants, and the items weren't near the spots where vagrants can spawn..
    Plus I never heard of a vagrant dropping a lloyd's talisman.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:37 pm

Yeah I had the same happen, and in such an odd spot too. I just got back from a successful hunt and find the lloyd's at the doorway in the kiln
    True King Doran
    True King Doran
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by True King Doran Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:38 pm

the item becomes a black phantom vagrant only if no one picks it up. the item will travel between worlds though until it is picked up, but after a certain amount of time it will become a vagrant, or at least this is my understanding of how vagrant items work.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:42 pm

It only works with hard to get items though, humanity divine blessings and all that jazz, right?
    True King Doran
    True King Doran
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by True King Doran Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:43 pm

I have absolutely no idea lol, i didn't even think this actually worked until i saw a video on youtube of a weird crystal crab thing in someone's undead parish in the church lol. They died by it's crystally claw hahaha
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:45 pm

I've actually killed a vagrant before, thats how I know bout the divine blessing thing, cuz that's what I got xD. Parish in that small courtyard near the crossbow hollow.
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:49 pm

I know what vagrants are and I've seen them several times and I can assure you it WASN'T a vagrant, it was just a talisman. 🇳🇴

@Cloudyeki: it's the same spot where I found the second talisman. I wonder why only talismans and what happened?
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:59 pm

I found out how you make Lloyd's Talismans appear in New Londo some time ago, after reading about similar occurances from other players. You must play online for this, but it doesn't work every time. I have not been able to reproduce this with other items, but other players (was it glyphblade?) have made items from dropping prism stones in Sif's arena.

- If you have 98 transient curses and pick up another drop from a ghost, you will get 1, and 1 will stay on the ground as a 'bag'.
    - Warp to the bonfire (after some time?) and then go back to New Londo, if the bag is still there it should have turned into a Lloyd's Talisman.
    - If you don't pick up the bag, but instead get a 'bag' drop from another ghost, the talisman can move from the first location to the place you got the second drop (after you warp to a bonfire and return).
    - I tested this while farming slabs and dragon scales, so I probably spent 10 minutes in New Londo/Valley of Drakes from the bag dropped until I warped back to the bonfire.
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:08 pm

I see... that can explain it. I think I had 99 titenite chunks at the moment!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:09 am