Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+28
GkMrBane
Uparkaam
mugenis4real
Gods Horseman
Serious_Much
DoughGuy
FruitPunchNinja
Majikero07
Sulfur
barrywilkins
Tokidd
Azran
True King Doran
Rynn
Reaperfan
sonofartorias
Dubscythe
SlakeMoth
Argetlam350
Imarreteet23
Extertionist
Wade_Wilson
ViralEnsign_
Oniramkenobi
Carphil
RANT
TehInfamousAmos
Shakie666
32 posters

Memories from your 1st playthrough

Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Memories from your 1st playthrough Empty Memories from your 1st playthrough

Post by Shakie666 Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:05 pm

What was the most memorable moment from your first ever Dark Souls playthrough? For me, it was getting 32 strength to wield the greataxe i found in the depths. Upgraded to +10, that thing tore through bosses like a hot knife through butter. The greataxe has been my favourite weapon ever since.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Memories from your 1st playthrough Empty Re: Memories from your 1st playthrough

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:10 pm

lets just say my most memorable experience was walking through that door to Ornstein and Smough that first time - Falchion + 15 in hand - lets just say It was hard but fun solo when I did them 1st go - PS I clearly had gone the wrong way and killed ingward after getting his magic - but it all went well - I had Platinum straight after 30 mins into NG+
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:12 pm

getting a DGM drop after killing them and dying a lot in demon's ruin and hoping they dropped that thing, it's m fave weapon in the game.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:18 pm

Killing O and S solo after dying to them a thousand times, co oping for kings, saving solaire to kill gwyn, killing Nito after dying a lot at ToG
    Oniramkenobi
    Oniramkenobi
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Oniramkenobi Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:26 pm

Being invaded in Undead Parish by a Japanese Player first playthrough .
    I bowed .
    He gets behind me and shoves his Lightning Club up my arse and OHKills me .
    I sent him a message asking basicly "WTF just happened and what is that weapon?"
    He replied in Japanese of course .
    So yeah . I wasnt used to being OHK since that wasnt really the norm in Demons ^^ .
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:30 pm

Another one i just thought of was the first time i beat the stray demon... then i got my greataxe to +15 big grin
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:37 pm

Hmmm how do I put this.

As I ponderously made my way through the ank, twisting passages of the Catacombs I was immeadiately set upon by some kind of uspeakable dread that seems to suffuse the very air I was breathing. Though even my breath came and went in ragged bursts, my heart pounding in my chest.

Suddenly three skeletal phantoms rose from the ground, bones flying up and an unnatural way to compose their lithe forms. With speed belying thier forms they charged at me with reckless abandon, tumbling head over heels in and attempt to cleave my head from my shoulder. The first came dangerously close to succeeding and had it not been for my instinctive sidestep he would have ended me then and there.

However the creature missed and stumbled blindly forward, hollow eye sockets seeking the warmth of my soul, the second approached but was dispatched by my thin hand and a half sword. No time to stop I pirouetted around the guard of the first attacker and plunged the blade tip first through its skull, which shattered with a resounding crack.

Unfortunately the blade stuck, and no matter how hard I pulled it would not come free, all the while the last attcker ponderously strode toward me, scimitar raised, my imminant death. I a last ditch attempt of desperate strength I drew the blade from the beast head, though part of it shattered, discharging a shard of metal into my leg bringing me to my knees.

The scimitar bit home, cleaving my skull in twain,though sticking on a small jagged shard of bone ,blackness rushed to meet me but did not embrace me. Near blind through pain and blood I charge home a might full body tackle shattering the beast.

Dazed and insensitory I stumbled from the stone caverns into what seemed like yet another crypt, though what such a place was doing within the burial halls of the dead I could not fathom, horror and weakness built up within me and I could only just bring myself to continue down the long hall, coffins lining the walls as if foreshadowing my imminent demise.

Finally I stumbled against an empty tomb, I laughed to myself, the irony of the situation was too much to bear. Discarding my arms I clambered in, leaving a sticky trail of blood along its sides. Minutes passed, then turned to hours, or what seemed like hours as I lay there ponderin through the bloody haze if the pilgrimage from Astora had been worth it.

A slight shuffling sound above me caught my attention and before my eyes could focus on the figure above me, the lid of the coffing was closed, blotting out what little light from my lantern still remained in the dark.

Here I finally succumed to my wounds, an anetheitc pleasure seeped into my bones and then I was drifting amongst the souls of the dead. Astral replacing the physical in a bitter anomalyous scene which played out before my eyes.

They snapped open. The lid of the coffin was gone and a dim light radiated from above, illuminating the craggy grey wall of an even larger tomb. I tenderly lifted myself from the coffin marvelling at how my strength ahd returned to me.

AS I dismounted the coffin I felt a cool sensation as my feel splashed into a shallow pool of pristine water. Strange I though, though not unsurprising given the things I had seen in the depths of the world.

Something within me screamed for me to move, to venture into the darkness, to become more than I was. I heeded the call. My foot falls echoed throughout the emptyness of the cavern, it was a lonely feeling, devoid of sentiment or wholeness.

Before me, out of the dark, rose a mighty Tomb, and within its confines lay a being of immense power and age. Lacking anyflesh the being was entirely construct of bone, the carcasses of hundreds given to create its body.

My legs failed me and I crashed to the floor before the being, half terrified, half awed by the awesome spectacle before me.

It stirred, head turning to face me, as if its hollow skull could see through me. Then simply lolled again now asleep.

Indignant, free of fear and self preservation, I challenged the might creature screaming a litany of hate at it.But to no avail.

At that second a voice as cold as ice pierced my mind, filling it with agony and suffering, though conveying its message none the less.

Serve me, the voice called, Serve me..... Begin again, Die for me, become my Hand and Serve meeeeeee........

In that momment whence I was release was the most lucid momment of my life. I knew my purpose, my calling, I was to become Nito's Sworn Hand, serve him his will required.

In exchange he would allow me to restore the House Tyrhannos, now in ruins, and finally die in Nito's Age of he Dead.

Sorry about that i love writing. My most memmorable momment was accidentally discovering Nito and the Gravelord Servants after I became hopelessly trapped in the Catacombs. From there I was able to turn the 3 EoD's behind the titanite demon into 12 and finally escape the darkness to wreak havoc on the world.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:08 pm

All I remember from my first playthrough was taking about 4 days to get through undead parish, trying to kill each balder knight with my short bow because they terrified me (god-damn ripostes, that crap is not nice for anyone to go through) and getting roflstomped by the Black Knight armed with the greatsword.
    Extertionist
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Extertionist Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:23 pm

The epic journey i made through the lava lake to temple of the bed of chaos. I absolutely hate dino leg enemies.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:49 pm

First time through Sen's was absolutely god awful. Then, once I finally beat the Iron Golem, I was thinking "What horrors await me next?"

That first scene of Anor Londo... Breathtaking.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:03 pm

Going through the Undead Burg with the master key and finding Havel. I was like WTF and then got my butt handed too. lol!
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:10 am

Everything in Dark Souls is memorable first playthrough, everything, absolutely everything.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:09 am

Oh yeah, and can't forget Anor Londo for the first time. Bloody beautiful.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:53 am

Two things:

#1. Running into the Asylum Demon right away. I probably spent 20-30 minutes dying before I realized there was a doorway on the left.

#2. Gaping Dragon boss fight difficulty, or lack thereof. When I saw the Gaping Dragon in previews I wasn't looking forward to fighting it in game. When I finally got to it I beat it effortlessly, and laughed at myself for ever fearing it.

sonofartorias
    sonofartorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sonofartorias Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:35 am

the first time i was invaded and won i was so happy big grin then i was killed by my next 20 invader's sad
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:24 am

I just thought of another one, the first time i went into the painted world, and getting owned by the harpies' grab attack. I must have died about 20 times to them.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:00 am

Also, the broken English when you won a boss fight, some of the newer players might not know this.

Scenario: Just started the game, went through Northern Undead Asylum and beat the Tutorial boss.

Game: "YOU DEFEATED"

Me: "yeah...?"

It confused the heck out of me when that appeared on the screen, like I expected it to say more. "YOU DEFEATED" didn't make much sense on its own and I thought it was kinda funny. Was caught off guard when I picked the game up a week ago and it was changed, along with a few others.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:12 am

Most memorable thing for me was discovering the Demon Ruins for the first time. Like many new players, I spent about 4 days trying and failing against the Capra Demon. It was the first not just challenging, but also frustrating moment in the game for me, and I still put off fighting the guy on new toons until I'm well overlevelled.

I got through it eventually though, only to be forced through my two least favorite areas in the game, the Depths and Blighttown (they remain my least favorite to this day), and after spending another 4 days learning to deal with Quelaag and Ceasless Discharge, imagine my anguish when I realized that the Capra Demon was back, but this time, instead of fighting one Capra Demon and two dogs, I was fighting one Capra Demon and two Capra Demons!

I sent a text to one of my friends that I had been playing in tandem with (we were both doing our first playthroughs at the same pace so we wouldn't spoil too much for each other) when I found the place, reading something like "Hey, remember that Capra Demon boss that it took us forever to beat? I just found a place called the Demon Ruins and guess what the F****** NORMAL ENEMIES ARE?!"
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:37 am

When I started the game, I must admit, I'm a mini-maxer. I spend a LOT of effort on finding out the easiest path through anything. My first 3 hours of gameplay was playing to the first bonfire with EACH class. I finally concluded I love sorcery, and started. Later, I reached Anor Londo. I remember wondering what the first enemies in the game were... then I saw the stonestatues... looking like miniature versions of the boss I had just struggled with.

I just stared at it for 10 minutes going "what now."
    It's still my most memorable moment.
    True King Doran
    True King Doran
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by True King Doran Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:42 am

So much, but the two most memorable moments were...
    1) When I first found out about Ash Lake, and got down there, just to see a massive hidden forest. I'm still amazed by how much hidden content the game has, and how players who don't look online might've never found such a thing.
    2) [And probably more memorable by a tad] Fighting Sif. Idk why but i was just freaking in awe of how awesome darkroot garden was. it was so huge, so mysterious, with the giant versions of Alvina and then a giant wolf wielding a sword defending a grave on a moonlit night?!? It was the definition of epic to me.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:24 am

Ash Lake. So big, so splendid, so hidden. Also, if a Hydra could live in that water, I wonder if there are bigger, nastier things way below the water. The thought makes me shiver.

Killing all the NPCs for their stuff as I was about to plunge into NG+. Oh wait, that's what I'm doing right now. silly I still feel like a monster for that though.
    Tokidd
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Tokidd Tue May 01, 2012 9:15 pm

i'm still in the midst of my first playthrough, but getting close to the end. I'm about to face the 4 Kings, and have spent a lot of time leveling up so that I'll be heading to the Duke's Archives at 110. New Londo Ruins, which I was so worried about from what I had heard, ended up being very easy for me. In fact, I haven't really struggled with a level so far. They've all been challenging, but since I've taken the time to level up constantly, playing through each level dozens of times, I've never really struggled during a first playthrough. Of course that could change. I've also had the same experience with bosses and only had trouble with the Stray Demon, trying to beat him with my Drake Sword at 220. Took me like 20 times. Believe it or not, I killed the gargoyles first time around with Solara's help, also one-timed the Gaping Dragon without any help, but used some phantom to help me one-time the Golem. I beat Quelaag second time around without help, and beated O & S after about 5 tries. To be honest, some of the minor bosses like the first titanite demon and the Hydra, as well as Havel gave me much more trouble than the big bosses. However, from what I hear some really tough bosses remain so mu luck may be about to run out.
    For me, every part of the game has been equally memorable and I've enjoyed the hell out of all of it.

TOkidd

barrywilkins
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by barrywilkins Tue May 01, 2012 9:49 pm

beating new londo in one go on my first character...what an amazing feat that was. i had attempted the first part before, so i knew there was like...two ghosts in a flooded area (got cursed in the depths and wanted to check it out) other than that, i knew nothing. the blood of siff still dripping from my spear, i journeyed forth with transient curses in hand. man did the place scare me. by the time i had drained the place, i had no estus left, only the 20 humanity i farmed from those skeleton babies.

through the entire level i trekked. seeing the darkwraiths coming for my supply of humanity from the darkness was one of the worst things i've seen so far in this game. the horror was far from over. i eventually found a tower with a fog gate in front of it. i searched for a bonfire to regain my estus, you know how that turned out. luckily, i saw an old friend of mine had put down her sign. i summoned her promptly, knowing her sorcery would aid me in the battle with the legendary four kings. with a deep breath to calm myself, i walked into the fog gate. the drop looked like an impossible feat, but i knew thats what from wanted me to think. i jumped down at the end of the stairs.

as i landed in the abyss, i was greeted by the endless expanse of nothing. the chilling darkness was my only company until beatrice had also made her way down. "where are they?" i thought, just as the battle theme started and the first king spawned. with the reckless fervor of my 3 friends in the tomb of giants, i rushed in and began slicing at the king, who promptly picked me up and drained one of my precious humanity. not to be detered after i came this far, i began stabbing it as fast as i could. with its death rattle, i saw something else, witch beatrice falling to the ground dead. another king had slain her.

i loosed a cry of rage and began feverishly swinging at the offending king, killing it just as i had the one before. before i knew it, the other two kings had spawned, and i was about to die. i popped a humanity and rushed forward back into the fray, slaying king #3. king #4 was definetely the biggest hurtle. over time, the kings had whittled down my generous stock of humanity into nearly nothing. and i only had one more humanity. with nothing left to lose, i dueled the king one on one. the fight was definetely close, but he couldn't stand up to my +5 lightning spear and i emerged victorious. it was time to fight gwyn. with a sigh of disbelief that i had managed to get through the hardest level in the game in one go. i thought one simple phrase to my self: I DID IT! Memories from your 1st playthrough 3207319737
    Sulfur
    Sulfur
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sulfur Tue May 01, 2012 10:01 pm

Quelaag gave me a boner.
    Majikero07
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Majikero07 Tue May 01, 2012 10:33 pm

Technically, I'm still in my 1st playthrough but I go use 3 characters for each magic build: sorcery, miracles and pyro builds. My most memorable moments were on my pyro build.

I think my pyro is just unlucky with summons. With the gaping dragon, both Solaire and the other phantom died with the boss still at less than half health. I only had a few combustion left but I won. That boss wasn't that bad.

Ornstein & Smough fight tough with both Solaire a the other phantom died. Just me and super Ornstein at half health. I used up the stronger pyros and only had combustion. I thought the AOE lightning attack would get me. Actually in that fight, he impaled me a few times already so I was super scared at being alone at that point.

Can't forget my first red phantom I killed. It was at Sen's fortress, I missed the ledge with the item near the onion knight. I think I also missed the invasion warning. I was using my sunbro build so he had a divine claymore. The invader closed in and died in 3 2-handed swings, then the snake warrior killed me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 am