Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
FunkMasterPunk
Rynn
Sebastrd
Knight Alundil
8 posters

Complete IC runthrough (Xbox Live)

Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Complete IC runthrough (Xbox Live) Empty Complete IC runthrough (Xbox Live)

Post by Knight Alundil Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:42 pm

Hey guys, here's what I'm after;

I'm wanting to go through the whole game with a set partner or two whilst RPing a char already in the game.
    (Xbox Live btw)

Now I'm not talking solid role playing, just set up a character with all the same gear(un-upgraded) and spells as a character in the game, for example; You could play as solaire with full sunlight gear and sunlight blade and spear equipped. You'd join the sunlight covenant and be as helpful a player as possible.

You could effectively do this with any (human) character in the game. I would be wanting to start our journey at the first bonfire after fire link shrine. Of course getting that kind of equipment with a lvl 10ish character can be hard so if you're interested in this and want to BB glitch or mod just to get the base items I won't judge winking

We would have an agreed route through the game beforehand and we would go through each area twice (or thrice if there's three of us) so we can be as jolly cooperational as possible! Proper Bow
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Complete IC runthrough (Xbox Live) Empty Re: Complete IC runthrough (Xbox Live)

Post by Knight Alundil Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:44 pm

Forgot to mention;

We would only upgrade our gear with the titanite we find and share, no farming!
    This is why i said un-upgraded, seems more role play to me! big grin
    Sebastrd
    Sebastrd
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sebastrd Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:31 pm

Hmmm. I'll have to consider this...
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:25 pm

Thanks for letting me know someone's interested silly

Would be better if there were three of us methinks.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue May 08, 2012 12:46 pm

I'm totally in for this! I'd like to use a Dragonoid, no weapons.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue May 08, 2012 12:50 pm

Excellent! Would you be able to get the two dragon form stones by the first bonfire after firelink??
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue May 08, 2012 12:53 pm

The Dragon Stone requires 30 Dragon Scales to get, as such I'm BBing it.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue May 08, 2012 12:54 pm

Ah thats cool then,i might be on tonight (5pm here atm) but im not sure. I would really like to get three of us for this so if theres anyone you know..?
    FunkMasterPunk
    FunkMasterPunk

Post by FunkMasterPunk Tue May 08, 2012 2:18 pm

Here here. I'd be more than happy to join that IC run. Might I be able to run through as Solaire?
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue May 08, 2012 2:27 pm

Funkmaster you've made my day!! Of course you can go as solaire mate!! That just means we'll have to tackle the red dragon on the bridge in your game to get you to the sunlight altar big grin Also might have to get summoned by a few other people to get into sunlight cov. That is unless you're going to do unsavory things to get what you need but like I said im not going to judge winking

But this is great guys, if I could have both your gamertags i'd be up for starting this tonight!! I'm H8T3R so feel free to add me! big grin
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue May 08, 2012 2:29 pm

Kujiii
    That is 3 i's.
    I'll go get my dragon stone and pyro flame set right up. 5 PM PST seem fine for all of you?
    If any of you have skype, being able to communicate would be lovely.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue May 08, 2012 2:32 pm

I'm afraid I dont sad I wouldnt feel too left out if you two wanted to use it though, as long as you keep me in the loop with gestures silly

Just to be clear, you both know what im after right? No farming, power leveling, etc. and we can only use the stuff our ingame characters use, so funkmaster you'll be using the sunlight sword for the whole game silly And Rynn I have no idea how you're gonna survive but i cant wait to see it lol

Oh and Rynn I have no idea what PST time is lol, how many hours is that from now? its 6:30pm where i am right now
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue May 08, 2012 2:51 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:I'm afraid I dont sad I wouldnt feel too left out if you two wanted to use it though, as long as you keep me in the loop with gestures silly

Just to be clear, you both know what im after right? No farming, power leveling, etc. and we can only use the stuff our ingame characters use, so funkmaster you'll be using the sunlight sword for the whole game silly And Rynn I have no idea how you're gonna survive but i cant wait to see it lol

Oh and Rynn I have no idea what PST time is lol, how many hours is that from now? its 6:30pm where i am right now
    I'm going to use my claws and fist fight. Also, as a dragon, I will be using combustion, power within, and "acid/poison breath", all of which are very similar to dragon based breath attacks. Power within is just a buff.

It is 10:50 AM here, so that means it will be midnight when I'm available.

Skype is free, if you have a computer mic, I'd majorly recommend it.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue May 08, 2012 2:58 pm

Aha! That's cool then, as long as you stick to those three spells throughout the game! big grin

And damn! lol hmm... I dont know about midnight tnoight, I could maybe do it. We'll see what Funkmaster thinks about it and if hes cool with that then ill stay up for it big grin
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue May 08, 2012 3:44 pm

Funkmaster and myself are totally cool with the time Rynn, and we're both set up at that bonfire ready to go, so we'll see you in four hours! big grin
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue May 08, 2012 4:15 pm

Alrighty! Are either of you capable of setting up skype quickly while you wait? Being able to chat with all 3 people at once will definitely double up our ability to cooperate. I won't need any other spells, I will be fine with just fist fighting usually.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue May 08, 2012 4:33 pm

I dont have a mic for my pc and Funkmaster is out of town atm so his electrical equipment is back home. I doubt we'll get further than the gargoyles tonight if we're doing it once each so we shouldnt get too lost silly
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue May 08, 2012 4:35 pm

Btw, are you both going to be rush leveling on me, or will I ever get a chance to upgrade my pyro flame? I need to spend a -lot- of souls to get it up in rank.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue May 08, 2012 4:37 pm

I kind of already had this convo with Funk, i'm not going to be farming or power leveling at all, just going to let it come naturally. I was going to say we could try and generally stick to the levels that are on the co op page of the wiki?

https://2img.net/h/i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k589/vlahka/DarkSouls-Co-opguide.jpg
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue May 08, 2012 4:46 pm

But what i'm saying, is all of us will be gaining souls at generally the same rate. When do you plan to have me refine my weapon, being that it takes souls to refine, instead of just some titanate. I'll be slowing down your leveling.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue May 08, 2012 4:48 pm

Well think about it, the souls you use to upgrade your pyromancy glove is the souls we'll be using to upgrade our weapons, as well as buy titanite if its needed. happy
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue May 08, 2012 4:52 pm

titanite won't be neccesary, inbetween the 3 of us we'll be getting at least 20 of each type.

However, a pyromancy glove takes 500, 1000, 1500, 2000, 5000, 10000, 12500, 15000, 16000, 20000, 22000, 25000, 26000, 28000, 30000,
    30000, 35000, 40000, 50000, 100000, 150000 Souls. That is a -lot- of souls, far more then either of you would need for any weapon.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue May 08, 2012 4:54 pm

Well, thats the drawback of going a dragon then, perhaps your pryo glove will have to upgrade slower then.

That was kind of the point in this runthrough, I want it to be hard. Im playing as Oscar (The guy who uses velkas rapier) and he doesnt even have a shield!! I also need to have 16 int to use his weapon even though he exclusively casts faith spells!

I think you're just going to have to deal with a lower upgraded pyro glove happy
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue May 08, 2012 4:58 pm

Very well then. 30% + 40% = 182 magic adjustment. So even if I never get to upgrade the glove, just getting the spells should be enough.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue May 08, 2012 5:00 pm

Yeh, and using power within as well, i think the HP drain is lower if you dont upgrade it? not too sure though

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:34 am