Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
dirkdeadeye
RANT
WyrmHero
7 posters

Help me make the perfect occult paladin build

GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Help me make the perfect occult paladin build - Page 2 Empty Re: Help me make the perfect occult paladin build

Post by GkMrBane Thu May 03, 2012 5:53 pm

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=329603281

This is a great cause as long as you clear out your inventory enought you can switch out from the DMB GS to a maxed out Occult Zwei and since the weight requirements are the same you shouldnt have to change equipment.

The Bow is in back up so you can punish people who try to run away or use miracles.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Help me make the perfect occult paladin build - Page 2 Empty Re: Help me make the perfect occult paladin build

Post by WyrmHero Thu May 03, 2012 7:11 pm

@MrBane That's a very effective build but I suck using bows, I never tried using one for PvP! I might one day use one, that's what I like from DkS, there's always something new to try for me. I might consider the MSGS as secondary occult, because I'd like a bigger weapon as primary weapon. Also about the armor, I detest Havel's leggings, I don't know why....but anything else looks cool and dark. It's a very effective build nonetheless.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri May 04, 2012 3:28 am

WyrmHero wrote:Guys what do you think of this?
    http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=189215884

I'm still unsure on the secondary occult weapon...

If I were doing a Dark Paladin I'd start with the black iron set and go from there. The helm is a must. That of the HTH!
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri May 04, 2012 4:27 am

Yeah I thought of that mixed with Paladin gaunts and leggings. Gives a darker tone. But it's so damn heavy, and I really want 50 faith, or at least 40.

Edit: Then the large weapon and the secondary, too much damn equipload...
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri May 04, 2012 4:44 am

Just take the helm. Its really the only good part. Maybe the legs too.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Fri May 04, 2012 9:47 am

WyrmHero wrote:@MrBane That's a very effective build but I suck using bows, I never tried using one for PvP! I might one day use one, that's what I like from DkS, there's always something new to try for me. I might consider the MSGS as secondary occult, because I'd like a bigger weapon as primary weapon. Also about the armor, I detest Havel's leggings, I don't know why....but anything else looks cool and dark. It's a very effective build nonetheless.

Yes I thing about effectiveness with my builds if you were to tell me which weapons you want or the specific armor then I could make I could build it for you.

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=371955012
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri May 04, 2012 11:34 am

Yeah that's a nicer one. I wanted the large weapon to be buffable. I was thinking about a Bastard Sword for the occult weapon since I figured it has A scaling on occult. The only one I know to have S scaling is the Occult DGA.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Fri May 04, 2012 11:55 am

WyrmHero wrote:Yeah that's a nicer one. I wanted the large weapon to be buffable. I was thinking about a Bastard Sword for the occult weapon since I figured it has A scaling on occult. The only one I know to have S scaling is the Occult DGA.
    DGA?

I know you can switch it since it is only my suggestion but the reason behind it is if you consistantly want to be able to do high damage since and occult great axe does over 400 pure occult and 300 phy it will almost always break the damage barrier alowing it to do about 75% of the 400 and with the phy being 300 you can be sure to get about 50% out of that so your looking at between 450 and 550 when you 2 hand (one handed your looking at between 350 and 450) and with the Scythe which will give you a complety different move set you can use the DMB

So what im trying to say is that by doing this it even's up your weapons so that your not left with one weak weapon to defend yourself.

Just a suggestion its all up to you. Help me make the perfect occult paladin build - Page 2 945058907
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat May 05, 2012 2:21 am

Thank you for the suggestion. So I did a lot of research trying to find weapons with A scaling in occult type. I found that straight swords and greatswords (not including MSGS) have A scaling. Also all the weapons that have A scaling on str from base have A scaling on occult (club, large club, DGA). So I was thinking, maybe I could use the Bastard Sword as an occult secondary and a large weapon as buffable main weapon, or use an occult Large Club as primary and a buffable A scaling on str secondary weapon (like the MSGS).
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat May 05, 2012 2:57 am

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=352237338

I wanted a larger weapon sad
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat May 05, 2012 9:10 am

if you want it to llok occult, the blac iron set with black cleric robes looks awesome and dark, try it. build looks good, its just like mine, with 27 you can two hand the DGM btw.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat May 05, 2012 10:28 am

also, the occult large club has an A in faith, msgs oocult is really good in anor londo, i ohko sk's with a bs in ng+. you should make the effigy shield fire, it get really good fire rex(about 88) and lightsning 90, stability sucks anyway and fire is made in the catacombs which has the whole dark thing tha you wanted. theyre all suggestions though, up to you on owhat you wanna do with it.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat May 05, 2012 10:40 am

ok, i was going over all the weapons to see which one you might like and what about the greataxe?it has B on str, hits really hard, specially with dmb+3 and i know you like greataxes and great hammers, its the only one that comes close to them and you can 1h it too.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat May 05, 2012 11:25 am

Damn Rant what a nice suggestion for the Effigy, thanks. The Greataxe sounds good....I was thinking maybe use the occult Great Club as an occult Grant? It has B in occult scaling though, the DGH too....
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat May 05, 2012 11:50 am

yeah, i dont get why the large gets an A and the great one gets a B. it should be the other way around but i use the large club more so im not complaning.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sat May 05, 2012 3:26 pm

dragon bone fist for secondary? a str scaling and buffable... what about an occult caestus? that'll allow more weighty weapons.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:09 pm