Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Quarik
DamageCK
Katakato
Tolvo
BLA1NE
Glutebrah
Forum Pirate
Imarreteet23
Shkar
RANT
Pargar-theGreat
15 posters

Your best parry sit?

DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Your best parry sit? - Page 2 Empty Re: Your best parry sit?

Post by DamageCK Fri May 04, 2012 4:23 pm

I don't have a build or setup centered around parries, I just keep the target shield in my back pocket at all times, and I only show them I've got it just before I use it. The baddies don't even think you're capable of attempting a parry, you do a quick shuffle with the left hand and then... BOING! Surprise, little buddy. Haha.
    SATLOS
    SATLOS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SATLOS Fri May 04, 2012 4:32 pm

Landed my first two PvP parries last night during FC in the MoonPit.

First was the standard block first swing/parry second against a random invader who actually turned out to be a pretty decent guy who then joined our FC chat.

Second (and most satisfying) was the parry I pulled off on GreenGoblin after he tried the greatsword roll/thrust. I threw out the parry and he hadn't even finished the roll... I was SO surprised that it even connected (seemed like the parry was WAAAAAAYYYYY before his thrust) that I almost forgot to walk over and club him.

Last edited by SATLOS on Fri May 04, 2012 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removing gamertag of random player)
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Fri May 04, 2012 5:53 pm

Might want to edit that, it's against the forum rules to call out people with their GT/ID.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Fri May 04, 2012 5:55 pm

Quarik wrote:Might want to edit that, it's against the forum rules to call out people with their GT/ID.

It's in his signature though.

Last edited by DamageCK on Fri May 04, 2012 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Fri May 04, 2012 5:57 pm

No, random people online that might not want you to give their GT.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat May 05, 2012 1:52 am

Imarreteet23 wrote:And also, what loadout do all of you fellow parry junkies use? I use Bandits Knife and Targets Shield with zero poise. Then when I feel daring I switch to a plain dagger and the effigy shield.
    Most of the time now I parry with my Notched Whip. I love that thing! It's amazing in the offhand. Same parry timing as bare fists (which is what I use if not the whip) but also has an attack with decent range, causes bleed, and can't be parried. It's the perfect complement to my PGS, since it has more range. And I use it when an opponent is trying to parry-fish against me--keep trying to parry that whip, see how far you get!

I don't like OHKs, so I just riposte with my PGS, no crit ring. Only does about 600 damage, but I don't care--only gives me more chances to parry the same guy! And when I come up against a rare weapon, I'll riposte with my bare fists, to make the fight last as long as possible.

I did try the setup-parry with a shield against a BKGA the other day--had never tried before, I always go for the first swing, so figured I'd give it a shot. Block the first hit, parry, get him on the second swing--was literally too easy!
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Sat May 05, 2012 2:02 am

I almost always parry with Grass Crest and an SLB Iaito. Doesn't one shot gankers, so I'm trying with the Mura, but no luck yet.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sat May 05, 2012 2:52 am

@BLA1NE

If I see 'em take multiple swings right out of the gate, I know it's parry time.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat May 05, 2012 3:10 pm

^I need to get out of parry time more often! I'm quite good at PvP parrying now, I figure it's time to stop going in parry-or-nothing mode and get back to intelligent dodge and counter mode, with a splash of parrying. Once I find the right balance, then I'll be a truly formidable PvPer! (My only weakness, of course, will be my disdain for backstabbing. But I've finally decided on my FC builds now so I'll join you guys there soon, and backstabbing won't be an issue.)
    Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat Sat May 05, 2012 3:51 pm

very cool blaine, can't wait to have another fc er. and yea parrying all teh time can put you in a bad sit. its good to have the balance
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sat May 05, 2012 7:07 pm

I usually only go for the heavy weapons or if I run into someone using a weapon I rarely see I'll practice timing. I'm psyched for FC next Wed though. It'll be my first time.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat May 05, 2012 7:21 pm

Currently on my FH build I run Sanctus with my Replenishment on silly Soooo much health regeneration!! but on another note... 1v3 situation here - I have my Murakumo +15 and my Ricards Rapier +15 I spawn in there is a BKGA spamming r1 - instagib parry - He's down! this is where i start rolling away and make the jump across the bridge - I now choose to enchant my Ricards Rapier with SLB once I make it to the stairs - Host casts TWoP like OH F**K! Parry landed on the Phantoms MLGS - screw riposte im on the bridge and my leo ring is on R2 combo - OVER 2000 damage - the TWoPPer runs back seeing his phantom dead and 2h'es his LC (Large Club) I recover my mental state and walk towards him menacingly he goes for the roll attack, PARRY! F**K Yes! r2 combo - unfortunately SB has ran out - this means i did about 1500 damage to him instead - this is when I pull out my Murakumo and Dead angle the cretin big grin

We have a winner!

The two phantoms when they died messaged me Nice, GG

the host messages me: WTF - How did you parry me - you're a f**king hacking a**hole - L2P

My reaction inside before reading messages Joy
    My reaction on the outside Prayer
    After phantom messages Point Up
    Then I read Host message Look Skyward

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 10:36 am