Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Quarik
DamageCK
Katakato
Tolvo
BLA1NE
Glutebrah
Forum Pirate
Imarreteet23
Shkar
RANT
Pargar-theGreat
15 posters

Your best parry sit?

Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Your best parry sit? Empty Your best parry sit?

Post by Pargar-theGreat Thu May 03, 2012 5:35 pm

What was the best parry you've had in a situation? win or lose. i can' t wait for the day i can record these.

This isn't quite my finest parry work but it was funny imo; btw summary, 2nd paragraph *)

When i invaded i saw a funny looking man dueling a lighting claw and a thorned whipped and wearing a ridiculous assortment of garments. I give him a jolly joy hello, no response, "praise the sun" no response
    "prayer" no respnse. So i run down to the normal fighting area bow and start toying with him, he keeps healing, 1 bc our fight seemed to last forever and two because i poisoned him. so i ran away to heal and let him start fresh... kinda thinking he was a noob by this point.

i bowed he bs'ed me i wog'ed him and kicked him.
    as he healed i bs'ed him and stepped away ,pretty far away
    he stared sprinting i did two jump backs (pressing O )
    he missed with the sprint claw attack, then as i parried he swung
    whaha. parry complete lol ...... but this didn't kill him and i did end up loosing but wtih that said this entire fight was enjoyable, he had no honor and i felt i taught him a lil something

but

courtesy kills the darksouler *)

RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Your best parry sit? Empty Re: Your best parry sit?

Post by RANT Thu May 03, 2012 5:41 pm

i got invaded by a dm(obviously no honor) i buff then he runs away until my buff runs out, no problem i still have 50 str, he then buffs and chips away at my health until i have less then five percent health and he has about two thirds of his, hes thinkign of going for the finishing blow and since i figured what the hell im gonna die anyway becasue i was so annoyed casue ue ran the whole fight so i parry and roll away then i get a 2 secs delay parry then i roll back in and bs him since i had to time to riposte and kill him with my DGM, it felt so good.
    Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat Thu May 03, 2012 5:51 pm

nice i'm working on a 2nded bandits parry during pvp, i've seen a pve vid but wondering how effective it'd be for pvp
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu May 03, 2012 6:02 pm

The other night I had a guy start spamming my caestus character with spear attacks, so I started parrying. After about three hits, the parry goes off and I riposte and he goes down to the ground with about a third of his health. Acting on a bit of a 6th sense sort of deal, I parried as soon as he got up, only for the parry to be successful, and finish him off by snapping his neck for the second time.

First time I ever had someone actually message me to say I pulled off a bad-*** stunt.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Thu May 03, 2012 6:28 pm

So, I invade in the forest, and obviously, it's a guy with a phantom. I, with my target shield, Bandits knife, and hornet's ring, run to the bridge by Alvina, so that they come at me one by one. The phantom runs, takes one swing, and I knock his hit away and shove my blade into his lower chest. Dead. Now, the host is like "Woah, didn't see that one coming." He runs by me, jumps down into the mushroom man area, and runs for dear life. I run after him. Eventually, he turns unexpectedly and swings his Black Knight Great Axe. You could almost hear me laugh Lautrec style as my blade enters his intestines.

Except that he lived. He runs and heals. Then, when I get close, he hornet's ring backstabs me, and I die.

I am invading in the forest again, and what do you know? It's the same guy! This time, I'm ready for him. He was alone, assumedly summoning a phantom. First, I hit him with my Painting Gaurdian Sword, so that he wont survive my parries. He takes one swing at me and... Parry, riposte, dead. I was so proud of myself! Hurrah

Last edited by Imarreteet23 on Thu May 03, 2012 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu May 03, 2012 6:53 pm

Hey, There are dill holes in every cov rant. Being a dm doesn't automatically mean someone is a prick.

Anyways, my best parry was against a zweihander in the dukes. It was my 1st playthrough so i was undergeared and this guy was whooping me pretty badly but he had a habit of doing the rolling r1. The last time he tried it a light just came on and i parry/riposted him ftw.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu May 03, 2012 7:01 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Hey, There are dill holes in every cov rant. Being a dm doesn't automatically mean someone is a prick.

Anyways, my best parry was against a zweihander in the dukes. It was my 1st playthrough so i was undergeared and this guy was whooping me pretty badly but he had a habit of doing the rolling r1. The last time he tried it a light just came on and i parry/riposted him ftw.

in all my hours of playing dks i have only met about 5 legit duelers that were dms but yeah, they all have rotten apples. today was my first day gravelording and i have encountered more honourable duels than all my time spent in dw, dm and hosting.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Thu May 03, 2012 7:09 pm

My best parry ever happened 3 nights ago. I got summoned to go kill sif, and as we are summoning a 3rd a darkwraith invades on stairs. I bow and slowly start walking up the stairs. I see him quickly 2 hand his claymore so i pause for half a second and parry, boom. I then walk back down the stairs and watch as the host and other phantom rush in to gank him. The DW almost kills them both and im just watching from the back. Then when the DW died they both did the well what is it. I did the look skyward face palm BCed out and tried to invade him.... but got some one else....

But yea that parry felt so bad ***.
    Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat Thu May 03, 2012 8:13 pm

ahh i do love these parry stories. i had a guy invade me and my phantom b4 butterfly boss, he wore rof and the murako with painting gear. and tried to get me while we where in the twop area from the giants, as soon as he was approaching i saw him instantly turned and parried and killed. i laughed as to say" surprise!... to you to bud "lol
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri May 04, 2012 12:44 am

I'm not in story-telling mood... But I'll nominate every one of my chameleon-parries!
    Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat Fri May 04, 2012 1:07 am

chameleon parry lol i've never seen that
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Fri May 04, 2012 1:09 am

Indeed. Do tell the story.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri May 04, 2012 1:15 am

My favourite would have to be a tie between two similar situations, one in the PW and the other in the forest.

In the forest one time I spawned in surrounded by three people, all with a MLGS, I had a G Halberd, Hornet's Ring, and a grass shield on hand. As soon as I spawned I couldn't really see them until the very last second, at which point I hit L2. Suddenly they started attacking, then did Well What is it. Rather, two of them did, the host got parry Riposted by me for an instant kill, as he hit the ground his Phantoms merely puffed their chests out at me not realizing I had lived. That, is just how confident they were, that they were going to kill me.

In the painted world once I spawned on the bridge as a DW, and found myself facing downed three enemies. This toon was poorly equipped, just messing around to help the Life Hunters really. When I spotted a golden phantom in my face, waiting spamming kick at me. I started rolling and evaded every single kick as the others watched the bridge, the host in between the two in case someone spawns somewhere else. Finally he got bothered and took a swing at me with his BKGA, which I parried. I rolled forwards, as you can pass through a parried person and get behind them. Not being able to damage him much, I just BS'ed him, sending him clear off the edge killing him. Suddenly the other two turned and both rushed at me. I pulled out my Catalyst and used CHSM, as this was actually an Int Toon. The host rushed me and trying to hit me with his Katana, another parry. As he was staggered my CHSM hit him for almost 1k damage, then I riposted him with my Velka's finishing him off.

Look Skyward
    Katakato
    Katakato
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Katakato Fri May 04, 2012 3:22 am

Best Parry ever was 3v1 in Dark Anor.

They chased me from the 1st bfire to the O&S entrance so i managed to back stab a phantom, as i was recovering from the BS animation the other phantom positioned himself behind me to BS me i turned & parred him.
    Both phantoms survived the BS / parry.
    Than the host positioned himself behind me i i did the same to him 1 hit KO-ing him.

Walked like a boss to the bathroom after that Your best parry sit? 3248139268
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Fri May 04, 2012 3:36 am

CLUTCH PARRIES <3

My most satisfying parry/beastmode moment was in the Kiln. Invade to a 2v1, so I do some footsies to get the two separated. Now properly positioned. Beastmode engaged. I BS the host and during the animation the phantom naturally steps behind me for an assumed easy BS.

WELL NOT TODAY, LITTLE BUDDY!

I whip around like a boss and parry. It connects. Phantom gets slammed. I high five myself mentally. Host heals the phantom through the entire animation, and positions himself behind me. Again, as expected. Immediately parry, and it connects. WHAT?! I'm feeling like some kind of magician as the host eats dirt. The phantom, let's call him Super Genius, steps behind me again... Oh god, could it be? Could I really get three consecutive first swing parries? Can it even be done...?

PARRY EFFING RIPOSTE!!! At this point I'm so hyped up on beastmodery that I'm yell-laughing and going "OHHHH" over and over again. I don't even care about a win anymore. The host finally gets the picture and they eventually get the win.

Never felt so good to lose.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Fri May 04, 2012 3:38 am

Katakato wrote:Best Parry ever was 3v1 in Dark Anor.

They chased me from the 1st bfire to the O&S entrance so i managed to back stab a phantom, as i was recovering from the BS animation the other phantom positioned himself behind me to BS me i turned & parred him.
    Both phantoms survived the BS / parry.
    Than the host positioned himself behind me i i did the same to him 1 hit KO-ing him.

Walked like a boss to the bathroom after that Your best parry sit? 3248139268

Haha. Same story. WINNERS.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Fri May 04, 2012 3:50 am

I was having a great duel with Yog after some parry training with him, and we're both down to very low health. He whips out Prisc Dagger, its damage is insignificant and he was using Lifehunt last fight so I was wearing Bloodbite. Figured why not, went for the parry, and dealt a whopping 621 damage to end the fight. That was my first true pvp parry. Turns out they're immensely satisfying.
    Sunbro4evar
    Sunbro4evar
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sunbro4evar Fri May 04, 2012 2:40 pm

This actually happened two days ago. I am pretty decent at parrying and parry quite often while forest hunting. I've already parried 2 people before this but I never can get the riposte because I have always had bad positioning. But while invading in forest I parried a guy and killed him with my riposte. I invade him again and kill him the same way twisted t
    Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat Fri May 04, 2012 3:21 pm

love these stories. the parry is so rewarding in this game its amazing !
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Fri May 04, 2012 3:28 pm

For me, it's the most satisfying thing I can do in PvP. Never stops feeling good.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Fri May 04, 2012 3:31 pm

My name is Imareteet23, and I'm a parry junkie.

Seriously, that's what I am. I will die 6/10 times whilst trying to parry, but when I land them, I know I will never stop. Best feeling ever!
    Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat Fri May 04, 2012 3:37 pm

lol ^^
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Fri May 04, 2012 3:47 pm

It's gratifying to know you're getting better and better at parries when you're able to blind parry with increasing success, and not because you spammed it. You calmly approach, parry one time, like a boss, and you get that wonderful bounce... <3
    PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PPG-3- Fri May 04, 2012 3:52 pm

i'm new to the parry scene. maybe 2 weeks of exp in. SL60. ToG. +5 lightning bandits and hornets ring on. thats secondary equip, primarily 2hand a falchion with GMW. But he had a phantom and they were pretty high level. Phantom in full havels. BS killed him 1 time. Host. Parried his first attack. But didn't land the riposte. Embarassing. He swings again. Parried him AGAIN. Missed the riposte. I laughed nervously. He swings again. Parried him for the 3rd time in a row. Calmly repositioned and landed the riposte for the ohko. Man, i though parrying was gonna be the hard part. I got serious work to do.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Fri May 04, 2012 4:14 pm

DamageCK wrote:It's gratifying to know you're getting better and better at parries when you're able to blind parry with increasing success, and not because you spammed it. You calmly approach, parry one time, like a boss, and you get that wonderful bounce... <3
    Oh man, I hear that sound in my dreams. ❤

@PPG lol, that happens to me all the time. But it can be pretty fun when you continually parry the oncoming strikes, but never riposte. I feel like a cat toying with it's prey. twisted

And also, what loadout do all of you fellow parry junkies use? I use Bandits Knife and Targets Shield with zero poise. Then when I feel daring I switch to a plain dagger and the effigy shield.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:33 pm