Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
reim0027
WyrmHero
BLA1NE
deadagain
ChizFreak
berkut
10 posters

My first parry in PVP :D

berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

My first parry in PVP :D Empty My first parry in PVP :D

Post by berkut Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:24 pm

I managed to get my first parry in pvp last night. I was helping people in the Archive. The person who summoned me was wallowing around (may have been a ganker, hmmmmm). Anyways, while I waited for him to respond to me pvp or pve message, someone invades before I can get my answer (of course). I move out to try and see what I can do, while the host scurries off into some dark corner after trying to summon someone else (leaning towards ganker). I am standing by the central stairs when I hear a buff noise, I roll just in time to avoid a backstab by someone using a dmb buffed club. We move around for a bit, and a few quick swipes almost kill me. I then try to gauge when he is going to swing and begin the parry motion just as he starts to swing (got lucky considering there was lag). My chaos claymore +2 entered his chest as I gleefully felt proud that I pulled it off. Then I realized he was still alive silly. I get in another swing, which almost kills him, then he finishes me off My first parry in PVP :D 1330857165. We chat after, and he seemed interested in the fc that we do here, perhaps he will one day check it out and become a regular.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

My first parry in PVP :D Empty Re: My first parry in PVP :D

Post by ChizFreak Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:28 pm

Good job.

Now go parry a rolling Great Club +15 buffed with DMB 2-handed attack silly .
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by deadagain Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:26 pm

Good for you! I had my first parry the other night it felt so good. Now I try every chance I get.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:49 pm

I don't mean to 1-up OP...

I got my first parry as a chameleon today! lol

Been wanting to do this for a while, but it slipped my mind until today. I was invading in Lost Izalith, felt like trolling a bit so I chameleoned into a fire-jabba every chance I got. I placed myself in a really good spot, looked legit, and this host came down the vine and started swinging at all the jabbas on the way--was perfect. I acted like the mob I was impersonating, ambling toward the host like he'd aggroed me, and he takes his standard 2h R1 swipe at me like I was a regular jabba... Only his arm went flying off this jabba as I came out of my chameleon and riposted my BSS into his heart!
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:56 pm

That is awesome BLA1NE! Never would have thought of doing that, very well planned big grin
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by deadagain Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:59 pm

@BLA1NE now that sounds like fun. I've been using chameleon in the forest with some success. I think a different location might be more effective for me since people rarely just attack trees.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:02 pm

Congratulations man. When I see players using roll +R1 I try to predict when they'll do it and parry just after their roll. It is the easiest parry in PvP, you will almost always connect the parry.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:06 pm

Parrying in PvP is like crack to me. Even though I miss a lot, and lose because of it. But, one successful riposte makes it all worth it.
    djgq42
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by djgq42 Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:14 pm

berkut wrote:I managed to get my first parry in pvp last night. I was helping people in the Archive. The person who summoned me was wallowing around (may have been a ganker, hmmmmm). Anyways, while I waited for him to respond to me pvp or pve message, someone invades before I can get my answer (of course). I move out to try and see what I can do, while the host scurries off into some dark corner after trying to summon someone else (leaning towards ganker). I am standing by the central stairs when I hear a buff noise, I roll just in time to avoid a backstab by someone using a dmb buffed club. We move around for a bit, and a few quick swipes almost kill me. I then try to gauge when he is going to swing and begin the parry motion just as he starts to swing (got lucky considering there was lag). My chaos claymore +2 entered his chest as I gleefully felt proud that I pulled it off. Then I realized he was still alive silly. I get in another swing, which almost kills him, then he finishes me off My first parry in PVP :D 1330857165. We chat after, and he seemed interested in the fc that we do here, perhaps he will one day check it out and become a regular.

nice! i got my first 2 parries in the last couple of days and it certainly does feel good. now if only i could learn how to bs (when it is called for of course) 😢
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:55 pm

Berkut......I think three more and we're tied. I'm not great at PvP parrying
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:33 am

No worries Skare I am horrid at pvp, pretty sure I have a less than 10% success rate at 1v1 pvp silly
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:38 am

I do ok 1v1 but I do a happy dance every time I win a 2v1 solo. My days in the NG kiln prepped me well for the popular types of forest hosts.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:42 am

deadagain wrote:@BLA1NE now that sounds like fun. I've been using chameleon in the forest with some success. I think a different location might be more effective for me since people rarely just attack trees.
    They would for sure attack a moving tree! winking

I don't know how you parry, though, but I did have to make some adjustments to be able to pull it off. Usually I'll fast-walk up to an opponent, and I'll know just by the range that they've probably attacked, and more often than not I parry successfully this way. But when you're in chameleon, you're reduced to a very slow walk. This threw off my instinctive range-parry prediction, so I had to adjust a bit. Like I said, I don't know how you parry, but you'll probably have to make some slight adjustments.
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by deadagain Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:46 am

@BLA1NE sound advice thanks. I havnt established a technique for parry yet. I'll slow walk and turtle at first if I don't know the move set of my opponents weapon. After a couple blocks ill lower my shield and try to draw them in provided they don't pull out a shortel (havnt been able to parry shortel yet). My first attempt will usually miss, giving away my intention. They will either back off and go for AoE or start spamming r1. I die more often than not but when I connect its beautiful. Last night invading the forest some campers were standing in front of the spawn point on the steps to the bonfire. As soon as I could I spammed L2 and landed a parry. Killed the phantom and bs the host at bottom of stairs. It was mostly luck but it sure felt good.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:55 am

Nice, I think everyone remembers their first parry. Mine was in the forest against a farmer 1v1 when he tried to get me with a lightning shotel, and I got so excited I screwed up the riposte (sometimes you need to move slightly to your left before riposting). Now I do it all the time, it is definitely addictive.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:16 am

I got my first one this weekend. I was invading in the forest and kept invading a guy in full giants gear w/ the BKGA. First time he charges at me, we fight and he stunlocks me to death, second time he spawn ganked me. Third time I waited for the R1 spam and parried right after the first swing and BAM! parry + riposte for the kill. I gave him a bow and he indicted me, to which I gave a hurray!
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by deadagain Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:46 pm

I used to hate seeing the BKGA but since I learned to parry I find its one of the easiest weapons to counter. Now when I see it I get excited big grin
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:32 pm

I love the BKGA too. I don't parry it but I fought enough knights at the Kiln to know where the blade is and isn't. Nothing makes me happier than the dumbfounded expression I imagine there is on a ganker's face when I casually step backwards out of range. I imagine a big "WHIFF" sound too. It helps to have an active imagination......
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by deadagain Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:18 pm

@skarekrow. "WHIFF" lol I do that to, I try to imagine what the player on the other end is saying after I parry with a fire great sword +10 while wearing hornets ring. That has to be my favorite animation in the game. It's so brutal. If I win a 2vs1 I imagine the host rage quit twisted
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:25 pm

I don't get it in PvP much as I stated but I actually cringed the first time I landed a riposte on a hollow soldier with the Great Scythe. I won't spoil it for you but I've seen most of the animations messing around and that one even topped the claws in my opinion. My stepdaughter was watching me play and saw that and she's used to see me doing insane GTA stuff and she even made a comment on it.
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by deadagain Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:32 pm

Great scythe huh.. havnt seen that animation yet ill check it out tonight. Thanks big grin
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:34 pm

Let me know what you think.......
    twisted

Also.....for the first time you land it I recommend no buffs, solely because it can muddy your view depending on camera angle.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:03 pm

(By the way, if you parry someone while in Chameleon, it is obligatory you perform the "Joy" gesture after! ... At least, the first time. I did it a dozen times today, did the gesture half that time--every time the gesture almost got me killed! silly)
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by deadagain Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:07 pm

Checked out the Great Scythe, its pretty bad ***. The parry animation reminds me of the bandit knife. I like the move set as well, the first time I used the weapon I wasn't very impressed but that was months ago and my taste have changed since then. I'm going to start a new build tonight and I think I'll go with the scythe. I don't see it a lot in pvp and I need a change, the swords are getting a little boring.
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by deadagain Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:14 pm

@BLA1NE lol I did the joy gesture after my 2nd pvp parry because I was sure my first was a fluke. I did die to a backstab but I didn't care I was so happy I figured the parry out. The opponent must have thought I was crazy. If I do parry while in chameleon I'll be sure to jump for joy as I will be literally jumping for joy. cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:42 pm