Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

The Armor Project - IT'S FINISHED!!!

Sebastrd
    Sebastrd
    Addicted
    Addicted

The Armor Project - IT'S FINISHED!!! Empty The Armor Project - IT'S FINISHED!!!

Post by Sebastrd Sat May 05, 2012 2:28 pm

Hey all,

Right now I'm working on a spreadsheet that includes stats for every piece of armor at every upgrade level. I fully intend to share it with the community here as soon as it is finished. Keep in mind that all stats will be XBox, US version. That matters because, for instance, my Knight Armor and Elite Knight Armor have 20 poise.

Why bother? For a couple of reasons.

1) I want to. I love number crunching, and I love Dark Souls. It's like mixing my Coke with my Hefeweizen.

2) Although the armor listing on the wiki is helpful, it isn't easy to copy nor is it thorough. For example, knowing an armor's stats at +5 and +10 is inefficient. The "break points", as I call them, occur at +3, +6, and +9. These are the points where armor requires a new material to upgrade, and therefore are logical stopping points on the way to max. Also, most folks will stop upgrading their armor at +9.

2a) On Darkwraith Covenant runs with no access to Frampt late in the game, I want to know before hand what to spend my precious large shards on. They are easily the least efficient ingredient to farm/purchase.

Why do I need help? There are armor suits that I've already upgraded across all characters, usually the most useful sets, so I need base versions. Also, there are sets I just don't have. I'll keep an updated list here, and if anyone is willing to trade or donate them I'd appreciate it.

Brass Armor
    Great Lord Set
    Solaire Set
    Elite Cleric Set

My GT is Sebastrd, and I have an SL60 and an SL125. Message or friend me anytime and we'll set something up.

Also, as I progress, I'll post any interesting observations or anomalies that I come across.

* For the most part, +10 armors increase stats by 10% each plus. However, the increase from +9 to +10 is usually larger.

* The Painting Guardian set is pretty terrible overall, both in defenses and the point at which you find it in the game. However, the waistcloth is abnormally heavy for the set, and has relatively respectable stats.

* The best sets tend to be those that require special circumstances to acquire. For example, the Dingy and Xanthous sets are two of the best light armors, and only appear under specific circumstances. See also the Antiquated Skirt prior to the latest patch.

* The DWGR is far more useful that any of the other encumbrance bonus rings. For example, at 40 Endurance (80 Encumbrance), Havel's increases fast roll from 20 to 30. DWGR increases fast roll from 20 to 40. Even at 99 Endurance (139 Encumbrance), Havel's only increases fast roll to 52.12. DWGR ups it to 69.5.

* Monsters seem to have different preferred movesets based on their location. For example, the Drake just off the elevator from Darkroot Basin is fairly stationary and pivots. The Drake in the middle of the bridge flies around a lot and moves in straight lines.

* Metal armors tend to have low strike and high slash defense. Soft armors tend to have high strike, but sometimes low pierce defense.

* Weapons can deal any of four types of damage - regular, strike, slash, or thrust. These correspond to the four basic defenses - physical, strike, slash, and thrust.

* Based on their armors - hollow warriors are vulnerable to strike, thrust, and fire; hollow soldiers are vulnerable to thrust and lightning; hollow thieves are vulnerable to fire; balder knights are vulnerable to strike and thrust; tower knights are vulnerable to strike and lightning; silver knights are vulnerable to strike and (possibly) magic; black knights are vulnerable to strike and lightning; giant knights are vulnerable to strike and (possible) magic.

* Based on their armors - hollow warriors are strong against slash and lightning; hollow soldiers are strong against slash and fire; hollow thieves are strong against strike and magic; balder knights are strong against slash and fire; tower knights are strong against slash and magic; silver knights are strong against slash and lightning; black knights are strong against slash and fire; giant knights are strong against slash and fire.

* Based on armors, the most effective weapons are those that deal strike (hammers or fists) or magic damage (magic, enchanted, MLGS).

Last edited by Sebastrd on Wed May 16, 2012 11:06 pm; edited 8 times in total
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

The Armor Project - IT'S FINISHED!!! Empty Re: The Armor Project - IT'S FINISHED!!!

Post by Azran Sat May 05, 2012 4:00 pm

I would like to donate the Fang Boar and Gargoyle Helmet, as well as the Sack.
    Sebastrd
    Sebastrd
    Addicted
    Addicted

The Armor Project - IT'S FINISHED!!! Empty Re: The Armor Project - IT'S FINISHED!!!

Post by Sebastrd Sat May 05, 2012 4:23 pm

Awesome! What's your GT and SL?
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Sat May 05, 2012 5:45 pm

Nevermind, just saw it is Xbox only. sad
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat May 05, 2012 7:50 pm

Short of hacking, the Elite Cleric Set does not exist...
    I have several of those items, if you're around level 77 I'll donate a good chunk of them.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat May 05, 2012 7:56 pm

i just looked at the cleric armor while standing next to nico and petrus to compared them, reg armor is actually a mix of the armor petrus and nico andthe other dude are wearing. all this time looking for tha damn armor only to have been wearing it the whole time.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat May 05, 2012 7:58 pm

RantFromRant wrote:i just looked at the cleric armor while standing next to nico and petrus to compared them, reg armor is actually a mix of the armor petrus and nico andthe other dude are wearing. all this time looking for tha damn armor only to have been wearing it the whole time.
    It isn't actually, Elite Cleric Armor can be found in the game code, and it looks completely different then the normal armor.
    Sebastrd
    Sebastrd
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sebastrd Sat May 05, 2012 8:04 pm

Rynn wrote:Short of hacking, the Elite Cleric Set does not exist...
    I have several of those items, if you're around level 77 I'll donate a good chunk of them.

Sure. Just message me when you're on. Thanks!
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun May 06, 2012 12:18 am

Sebastrd wrote:
    Rynn wrote:Short of hacking, the Elite Cleric Set does not exist...

Sure. Just message me when you're on. Thanks!
    I thought you would message me... I had sent a PM with my XBox username (Kujiii). Unfortunately I'm done for the day, we'll have to do it tommorow.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun May 06, 2012 2:07 am

RantFromRant wrote:i just looked at the cleric armor while standing next to nico and petrus to compared them, reg armor is actually a mix of the armor petrus and nico andthe other dude are wearing. all this time looking for tha damn armor only to have been wearing it the whole time.
    Different stats:

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Elite+Cleric+Armor
    http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Heavy+Cleric+Set

You're right, though, they're very similar. Elite Cleric has a little more physical defense for the helm and chest, and a little more poise across the board, but other than that their stats are practically the same. The gloves and legs especially, other than poise, may as well be the same.

I still want the set, though! Would wear that chestpiece a lot.
    Sebastrd
    Sebastrd
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sebastrd Sat May 12, 2012 7:18 pm

I'm finally nearing completion on this project. I need to farm about another 120 chunks to finish off the +10 armors (mostly the junk ones), and I'm heading to the trade forum to try to pick up the rest of what I need.

Anyone know who I would contact to get this info posted on the Wiki?
    Sebastrd
    Sebastrd
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sebastrd Sun May 13, 2012 5:41 pm

Updated needs list and added a few observations.
    Sebastrd
    Sebastrd
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sebastrd Sun May 13, 2012 7:32 pm

Updated list again. Almost done! big grin
    Sebastrd
    Sebastrd
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sebastrd Wed May 16, 2012 11:06 pm

I finally finished up my armor project tonight! I now have an MS Excel spreadsheet with stats for every piece of armor at every upgrade level (XB360). As soon as I figure out how to submit the information to the wiki, it'll be available for everyone. In the meantime, feel free to PM me and I'd be happy to email it to those who'd like a copy.

NOTE: I am missing stats for the Elite Cleric set (hack only), Solaire set (I have no desire to kill Solaire), and the Brass Armor (base - +4). However, I will add them as they become available.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:48 am