Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
barrywilkins
mugenis4real
DoughGuy
Forum Pirate
Tolvo
Extertionist
Quarik
bloodpixel
Carphil
Maneater_Mildred
Serious_Much
Spurgun
Wade_Wilson
17 posters

Dreams, lucid dreams, nightmares and the such

Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Dreams, lucid dreams, nightmares and the such Empty Dreams, lucid dreams, nightmares and the such

Post by Wade_Wilson Sun May 06, 2012 5:27 pm

This thread is for the discussion of anything and everything to do with dreams, including normal dreams, controlled dreams, nightmares, recurring dreams and the meaning of dreams.
    I myself have never managed to lucid dream, but there have been times when I have realised that I am dreaming and have been able to control some aspects of said dream.
    I used to have a recurring nightmare in which I was trapped in a cage which was slowly crushed, not sure what it symbolised.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Dreams, lucid dreams, nightmares and the such Empty Re: Dreams, lucid dreams, nightmares and the such

Post by Spurgun Sun May 06, 2012 5:45 pm

i have a nightmare that i seem to get every second/third month. in the nightmare there is something horrible that will happen (atomic bomb/meteor hitting the earth, something apocalyptic.) im supposed to tell it to someone but no-one hears me, im terrified for what will happen to everyone and i run around trying to stop it (without success). in the dream there is also a timer counting down to when it will happen, and the dream always ends when the timer reaches zero.
    every time i wake up from that dream i can get anymore sleep for the night.

other than that i have a lot of very lose dreams, i have a very hard time trying to remember exactly what happened. the little i can remember often has something to do with what i was thinking of when i fell asleep.

i also have a lot of "future" dreams, where i would dream something and it would happen later on. could be that im just imagining this though
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Dreams, lucid dreams, nightmares and the such Empty Re: Dreams, lucid dreams, nightmares and the such

Post by Wade_Wilson Sun May 06, 2012 5:54 pm

hellooo wrote:i have a nightmare that i seem to get every second/third month. in the nightmare there is something horrible that will happen (atomic bomb/meteor hitting the earth, something apocalyptic.) im supposed to tell it to someone but no-one hears me, im terrified for what will happen to everyone and i run around trying to stop it (without success). in the dream there is also a timer counting down to when it will happen, and the dream always ends when the timer reaches zero.

other than that i have a lot of very lose dreams, i have a very hard time trying to remember exactly what happened. the little i can remember often has something to do with what i was thinking of when i fell asleep.

i also have a lot of "future" dreams, where i would dream something and it would happen later on. could be that im just imagining this though

I don't think you're meant to be able to remember dreams very well. I always forget about dreams about a minute after I wake up.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun May 06, 2012 5:56 pm

i know. but i have almost made a hobby of trying to sort out my dream, reliving it and trying to memorize what happened when. something to do when your bored in school
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun May 06, 2012 5:58 pm

I had a nightmare once, it was situated in a place equustria, and I was surrounded by talking and flying ponies.

I then woke up, very much glad I only spent what felt like seconds there.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sun May 06, 2012 6:01 pm

Serious_Much wrote:I had a nightmare once, it was situated in a place equustria, and I was surrounded by talking and flying ponies.

Deep down, you're crying bitter tears.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun May 06, 2012 6:07 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:I had a nightmare once, it was situated in a place equustria, and I was surrounded by talking and flying ponies.

You know the phoenix wright thing you showed me?

I felt like phoenix; lost, confused and yearning for normality silly
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sun May 06, 2012 6:09 pm

hellooo wrote:i know. but i have almost made a hobby of trying to sort out my dream, reliving it and trying to memorize what happened when. something to do when your bored in school

Some people keep a pen and notebook beside their bed and jot down their dreams when they wake up, maybe you could try that.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sun May 06, 2012 6:10 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    Wade_Wilson wrote:

"I can feel my masculinity going... going... gone." As much as I am a fan of MLP, this quote made me laugh.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun May 06, 2012 6:12 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:
    Wade_Wilson wrote:

"I can feel my masculinity going... going... gone." As much as I am a fan of MLP, this quote made me laugh.

I think it was very well done to take the mick out of MLP a lot as well as phoenix, the step ladder/regular ladder nod i really enjoyed personally.

Even though I don't like MLP, that creation is a great bit of work, especially for a regular old youtuber.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sun May 06, 2012 6:16 pm

hellooo wrote:i know. but i have almost made a hobby of trying to sort out my dream, reliving it and trying to memorize what happened when. something to do when your bored in school
    Yes you can train yourself to remember dreams better, it also helps to write them down. Like you i also have future dreams, but not sure if its just my brain playing tricks on me. I had a strange dream last night. Me and 2 of my brothers were having a race in 3 cars, but we kept fighting over who got what car. There was a green, blue and red car, but we all wanted the red 1(because red 1s go faster??) anyways we never got to drive these cool cars and all ended up in a 3 way fist fight.

Last edited by Maneater_Mildred on Sun May 06, 2012 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun May 06, 2012 6:16 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:
    Some people keep a pen and notebook beside their bed and jot down their dreams when they wake up, maybe you could try that.
    i could try that, thanks for the idea happy
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sun May 06, 2012 6:20 pm

hellooo wrote:
    Wade_Wilson wrote:
    i could try that, thanks for the idea happy

It might be weird looking back on dreams though. Ok, I was driving a limo full of hookers and then the sun exploded and suddenly I was in school but everyone was a llama and god punched me into a bagel and I died. Work that one out, Freud.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun May 06, 2012 6:22 pm

that sounds like one of my dreams silly. except i have never dreamed about hookers yet, i have dreamed about my GF though (a lot actually)
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun May 06, 2012 6:23 pm

hellooo wrote:i have a nightmare that i seem to get every second/third month. in the nightmare there is something horrible that will happen (atomic bomb/meteor hitting the earth, something apocalyptic.) im supposed to tell it to someone but no-one hears me, im terrified for what will happen to everyone and i run around trying to stop it (without success). in the dream there is also a timer counting down to when it will happen, and the dream always ends when the timer reaches zero.

I dreamed something very similar, about to 10 times already, the same dream, since I'm 6 years old until now

I'm in a park. You know, with a chair and a trash can and trees. I know something is going to happen, something big, not sure if is a nuclear bomb, but I know it will happen. So I run, I run to the east, I don't remember if I run to talk or to fight, but then I run to the west, do the same thing and then come back to the park. Sundetly, I look up above and then I see nothing but a blank, everythings gone, so I wake up.

Dude, think about something, I'm 16, you're 17, maybe its a warning from a greater being?

I dream almost every week, and all dreams are related to each other. When I was a kid, I remember dreaming with my family and friends, then they're gone and the nightmare starts, so I have to run or fight for my life, until I wake up. This already happened in a lot of places, In a forest, in a abandoned city, in a airplane, in a small town, in a dark cave...

The worst dream I had, it was last year. The dream starts, I'm there in front of a building talking to my girlfriend. She says something about a Key, so I ask her what Key, she don't answer. Then when I look back she is gone, and I'm stuck in a place similar to the Abyss here in DkS, but it has a solid "ground". Something happens to me, sundently my chest starts to bleed and then I faint. When I wake up (still in the dream) I see my girlfriend, talking to me. But this time she is happy, unlike in the beggining of the dream, I ask her about the Key again, she replies something like this: there is no key. And I wake up.

Some things I noticed, no matter if I'm sleeping in the night or in day time, my dreams are aways at night, and the places I am are places that exists in real life but they are distorced.

And no, I do not use drugs.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Sun May 06, 2012 6:24 pm

Dreams of dark souls.
    AWWW YEAH
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sun May 06, 2012 6:31 pm

bloodpixel wrote:Dreams of dark souls.
    AWWW YEAH

Dirty dreams of Gwynevere? lol!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun May 06, 2012 6:31 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:
    AWWW YEAH

If that was the case it would be more like

"Dreams of Dark Souls... Giggity."
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sun May 06, 2012 6:33 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    Wade_Wilson wrote:
    AWWW YEAH

Dark Souls nightmare level 100: going up to Gwynie's chamber to find Smough lying seductively, stroking his oversized stomach.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun May 06, 2012 6:33 pm

Carphil wrote:

I dreamed something very similar, about to 10 times already, the same dream, since I'm 6 years old until now
    7 ye
    I'm in a park. You know, with a chair and a trash can and trees. I know something is going to happen, something big, not sure if is a nuclear bomb, but I know it will happen. So I run, I run to the east, I don't remember if I run to talk or to fight, but then I run to the west, do the same thing and then come back to the park. Sundetly, I look up above and then I see nothing but a blank, everythings gone, so I wake up.

Dude, think about something, I'm 16, you're 17, maybe its a warning from a greater being?

I dream almost every week, and all dreams are related to each other. When I was a kid, I remember dreaming with my family and friends, then they're gone and the nightmare starts, so I have to run or fight for my life, until I wake up. This already happened in a lot of places, In a forest, in a abandoned city, in a airplane, in a small town, in a dark cave...

The worst dream I had, it was last year. The dream starts, I'm there in front of a building talking to my girlfriend. She says something about a Key, so I ask her what Key, she don't answer. Then when I look back she is gone, and I'm stuck in a place similar to the Abyss here in DkS, but it has a solid "ground". Something happens to me, sundently my chest starts to bleed and then I faint. When I wake up (still in the dream) I see my girlfriend, talking to me. But this time she is happy, unlike in the beggining of the dream, I ask her about the Key again, she replies something like this: there is no key. And I wake up.

Some things I noticed, no matter if I'm sleeping in the night or in day time, my dreams are aways at night, and the places I am are places that exists in real life but they are distorced.

And no, I do not use drugs.

i have also had that nightmare since i was about 7 years old. one thing i notice is that there are always leaves on the ground, dry brown leaves that move with the wind.

i often wake up wanting to fall asleep again because i want to know how the dream ends. my dreams are not always connected, it happens though mostly when i something had made me wake up before i should (dog, family).

one peculiar "dream" that i have had a couple of times now is that i would see myself from the outside, not from my own eyes. nothing special happens in the dream. i just watch myself breath.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun May 06, 2012 6:34 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:
    Wade_Wilson wrote:
    AWWW YEAH

Dark Souls nightmare level 100: going up to Gwynie's chamber to find Smough lying seductively, stroking his oversized stomach.

.... :silent:. thanks, now i know why i will have nightmares tonight
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sun May 06, 2012 6:40 pm

hellooo wrote:
    Wade_Wilson wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:
    Wade_Wilson wrote:
    AWWW YEAH

.... :silent:. thanks, now i know why i will have nightmares tonight

Nightmare level 9001: You hear Ornstein lock the door and pull down his zip.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun May 06, 2012 6:41 pm

stop.
    now.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sun May 06, 2012 6:43 pm

hellooo wrote:stop.
    now.

Yeah, I better stop before I give myself nightmares.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun May 06, 2012 6:54 pm

What if Ornstein is a female ?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:44 am