Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Extertionist
Buggy Virus
mugenis4real
RANT
The_DoritoNinja
9 posters

I'm needed help to learn how to parry successfully

The_DoritoNinja
    The_DoritoNinja
    Casual
    Casual

I'm needed help to learn how to parry successfully  Empty I'm needed help to learn how to parry successfully

Post by The_DoritoNinja Mon May 07, 2012 9:03 pm

Just a new darkwraith. I enjoy PVP it's fun, but what frustrates me is that no matter how I time my parry, I can never really do it. I aim for that sweet spot I really do but when I do get one I can never riposte.

It gets on my nerves that all these ganking assholes in the forest wield heavy swords or axes and I can never parry/riposte them.

So anyone want to help me? SL87
    Gamertag is in sig
    The_DoritoNinja
    The_DoritoNinja
    Casual
    Casual

I'm needed help to learn how to parry successfully  Empty Re: I'm needed help to learn how to parry successfully

Post by The_DoritoNinja Mon May 07, 2012 10:21 pm

No one? I see
    Lil Dorito is hurt
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

I'm needed help to learn how to parry successfully  Empty Re: I'm needed help to learn how to parry successfully

Post by RANT Mon May 07, 2012 10:26 pm

lol there's a bunch of videos on youtube, just look it uo. its better to actually see it than have somone tell you about it.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Mon May 07, 2012 10:31 pm

I would love to help but your on Xbox360. I have a PS3. No me gusta.
    The_DoritoNinja
    The_DoritoNinja
    Casual
    Casual

Post by The_DoritoNinja Mon May 07, 2012 11:19 pm

Damn
    That sucks
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Mon May 07, 2012 11:24 pm

The most jarring thing about learning to parry is that parries are not right when the weapon hits you, but .5 seconds before hand. It's different from PvE parries.
    The_DoritoNinja
    The_DoritoNinja
    Casual
    Casual

Post by The_DoritoNinja Mon May 07, 2012 11:32 pm

I know that

I've known that for a LONG time

But thank you for reminding me
    Extertionist
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Extertionist Mon May 07, 2012 11:39 pm

If your talkin about gankers I feel bad for you son, they killed 99 people but I *** ain't one.
    The_DoritoNinja
    The_DoritoNinja
    Casual
    Casual

Post by The_DoritoNinja Mon May 07, 2012 11:49 pm

Just a few minutes ago I killed two of three gankers

Sadly the host wasn't one of them.

I was able to back stab one and accidentally parry the other.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Mon May 07, 2012 11:55 pm

Start by blocking the first swing and parrying the second. Once you've got the timing down you can start blind parrying first swings. Just takes some getting used to.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Tue May 08, 2012 12:02 am

this is how you parry properly.. parry right before the enemy attacks. if you see them start the swing you are to late. so basically you have to blind/predict parry.

the easiest parries are people who attack more then once, always block the first attack and as soon as it hits parry. if they follow up with a 2nd attack (usually they do) it will be a parry. but again you have to actually parry before you see the 2nd swing start.

grats the secret to parrying!! guess work!
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Tue May 08, 2012 5:06 am

I've got a sorcerer character that I can train with you on. Shoot me a friend request and let's do this.

Btw! I assume you aren't fantastic at parrying, and don't try it much. At least for me, I was (and still am) decent at it, but after some training with Yog I actually attempted to parry frequently. Trying is the first and most important step, and I don't doubt that you'll land a few parries just from pressing the button occasionally.
    Katakato
    Katakato
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Katakato Tue May 08, 2012 5:44 am

If you need practice look me up on PsN, ill help you out.

We can duel with non upgraded weapons & max upgraded armor so the fight lasts longer.

The best place to practice is in actual combat.

Cheers !

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:18 pm