Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
Azran
RANT
Maneater_Mildred
JoeBroski09
vageta31
Sebastrd
Serious_Much
befowler
Doelker
GkMrBane
TehInfamousAmos
cloudyeki
Kaminari
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
WyrmHero
Wade_Wilson
20 posters

The ultimate tips, tricks and secrets thread.

GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

The ultimate tips, tricks and secrets thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The ultimate tips, tricks and secrets thread.

Post by GkMrBane Wed May 09, 2012 4:00 pm

hmmmm good that means that my build is still viable I shall test and see.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

The ultimate tips, tricks and secrets thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The ultimate tips, tricks and secrets thread.

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed May 09, 2012 5:57 pm

the thorolund quest line (i.e rhea showing up in fire link) starts when you set foot in the depths, nothing more you don't have to kill the boss or anything you just have to enter the area.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Wed May 09, 2012 6:47 pm

You can get access to the Enchanted ember, large and very large ember and divine ember without having to ring any bell yet. Master Key required. Actually you can get a +15 weapon without having rung any bell. Farming required though.
    Once you access the depths and gkt some green titanite you can go to the catacombs and create a fire weapon.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed May 09, 2012 6:53 pm

This thread might be worth reading/mining:

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t3894-special-bonuses

Lots of good secrets, although the most interesting to me is the fact there are different roll speeds even within the same animation. In other words, a 0% weight fast roll is actually faster than a 20% fast roll even though the animation is the same.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Wed May 09, 2012 7:05 pm

You can use your arrows as guides in the Crystal Cave when walking through the invisible paths.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed May 09, 2012 9:05 pm

#whatever: Never use a lightning weapon
    #whatever2: The pendant is your friend, always choose him.
    Sebastrd
    Sebastrd
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sebastrd Wed May 09, 2012 9:05 pm

Doelker wrote:You can use your arrows as guides in the Crystal Cave when walking through the invisible paths.

This can be incredibly useful when going for the slab. Thanks! Sun
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Wed May 09, 2012 9:33 pm

You can use binoculars to manually aim spells and crossbows.

You can skip going onto the roof in Anor Londo by jumping off the spiral stairway(the one closest to the bonfire after the 2 archers) and onto the walkway that leads to the main O&S room.

You can use the ring of fog or hidden body to fight the Capra Demon without aggroing the dogs so long as you stay near the entrance.

You can throw firebombs over the Capra Demon's doorway and kill him without walking through the fog.

Swapping your weapon from 1h to 2h repeatedly will extend your stamina bar while running through water/swamp areas.

You can skip the entire Darkwraith area of New Londo by jumping off the ledge(the one leading up to the floodgate room) right after you open the floodgates. This leads you directly to the 4 Kings boss fog.

You can skip the first Seath death by using the elevator that leads up to him. Pull the trigger for it to descend then quickly run off of it and jump back onto it landing on the railing. As it lowers you can jump off the railing onto the 2nd floor and proceed directly to the rotating staircase that leads to the ladder down to the bottom.

If you hit Quelaag in the human portion of her body it will stun her. It works with any weapon but easiest with projectiles. If you stand higher than her using the raised areas in her lair you can repeatedly stun her with projectiles even while locked on. You can also run off the high areas and do a plunging attack on her for massive damage.

You can escape the 4 kings homing soul mass attack by running up to him as he begins to cast it. If you stay right next to him it will circle around you but not be able to hit and will eventually fade out. If you get too far away however it will still manage to connect.

Throwing a Lloyd's talisman at a mimic chest will put it to sleep and let you get it's item without fighting it. To take it further, it is possible to continue this until a symbol of Avarice drops. Throw the talisman to put him to sleep, then grab the first item. Do a low damage attack on it, fist works, then throw another talisman as he's standing up and he'll sit back down again. Each time you do this it resets the chance for him to drop the Avarice so with enough tries you're guaranteed to get it.

I'll probably have more later. Also the shortcuts mentioned in this thread, including the Anor Londo staircase, lower undead Burg and Duke's Archives will all be shown in my "Before the Gargoyles.." video series.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed May 09, 2012 10:06 pm

Serious_Much wrote:#whatever: Never use a lightning weapon

Everytime I start a new toon (without bb glitch) I chose the pendant because I like when I see it in my inventory.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu May 10, 2012 12:04 am

The bottom half of the poison dragon in the painted world will stand u if you do a jumping plunging attack, thus giving you a fast way to priscilla.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Thu May 10, 2012 12:32 am

In the options menu you can turn up the camera speed.(useful to pivot faster or find gankers/farmers easyer)

In the options menu you can turn camera auto wall recovery off.(useful to stop falling to your death when the camera turns because of walls or branches. Think great hollow or fire keepers soul in new londo)
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu May 10, 2012 12:37 am

Maneater_Mildred wrote:Think great hollow or fire keepers soul in new londo)
    Or the first time you have to go through Anor Londo...
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu May 10, 2012 12:38 am

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:the thorolund quest line (i.e rhea showing up in fire link) starts when you set foot in the depths, nothing more you don't have to kill the boss or anything you just have to enter the area.

they appear as soon as you kill capra, you dont need to go to the depths which you might as well go cause its right there.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu May 10, 2012 12:40 am

RantFromRant wrote:
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:the thorolund quest line (i.e rhea showing up in fire link) starts when you set foot in the depths, nothing more you don't have to kill the boss or anything you just have to enter the area.

they appear as soon as you kill capra, you dont need to go to the depths which you might as well go cause its right there.

Yep. My first character killed Capra and walked away because I didn't see that stairway to the right, and I didn't even notice that I got a key from killing him, but I still saw Rhea.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Thu May 10, 2012 12:51 am

Bed of Chaos bossfight. Kill a root, go to the menu and quit the game. You will be standing outside the fog gate. Rinse and repeat.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu May 10, 2012 12:53 am

If you're using the parrying dagger, the Silver Knights with the swords with change their first attack depending on if you try to parry or not, indefinitely. So, if you're not using a shield, dodge the first attack always. The spear Silver Knights, however, do not do this. Parry the first attack as you please.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Thu May 10, 2012 3:34 am

You can skip to The Kiln without getting any of the Lord Souls.

1.Ring both bells.
    2.Go to Anor Londo and get Lord Vessel.
    3.Rest at Firelink Shrine bonfire.
    4.Hit Frampt till he leaves and jump down into the Lord Vessel area
    5.DO NOT REST AT LORD VESSEL
    6.Hugging the door that leads into the Kiln, jump off and die
    7.Quit through PS3 "quit game: option as soon as you see the loading screen
    8.Re-load your game and now your in the Kiln, you can go kill Gwyn for NG+

Heres a vid in case you don't understand: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46f0PVJZwW8
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu May 10, 2012 12:23 pm

WyrmHero wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:#whatever: Never use a lightning weapon

Everytime I start a new toon (without bb glitch) I chose the pendant because I like when I see it in my inventory.

Well done, you're one of the few people who understands the pendant's meaning.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Mon May 14, 2012 9:49 pm

Tip #42. You can bump your thread to keep in the 1st page.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon May 14, 2012 10:05 pm

Rule #whatever 3: If you do multiple playthroughs just to max out all your build gear, you're trying too hard.
    White Mamba
    White Mamba
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by White Mamba Mon May 14, 2012 11:46 pm

The clams will follow you into the main Seath fight the first time. Kill them all first unless you want to be dodging curses and clams
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Tue May 15, 2012 12:10 am

You will recieve a damage increase of 20%(?) when you hit an enemy in any type of animation (I.E. Swing animation, riposte animation, kick animation, etcetera). When paired with a pierce weapon (which further increases the damage increase percentage) and the Leo Ring, you will be doing massive damage to anyone if you hit them mid-swing or after you parry them. This is called counter damage.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue May 15, 2012 12:11 am

Imarreteet23 wrote:You will recieve a damage increase of 20%(?) when you hit an enemy in any type of animation (I.E. Swing animation, riposte animation, kick animation, etcetera). When paired with a pierce weapon (which further increases the damage increase percentage) and the Leo Ring, you will be doing massive damage to anyone if you hit them mid-swing or after you parry them. This is called counter damage.
    For a second, I thought I already said this in this thread, but I said it in the Hidden Bonuses thread. Hahaha! I give you props winking
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Tue May 15, 2012 12:21 am

happy Speaking of which, is it a 20% increase, or is it more? I can never remember.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue May 15, 2012 12:22 am

It's just an increase. It increases with every weapon by a certain amount (20% or something) and the Leo ring specifically increases it even more with lunging weapons. That's all I know hahah! Oh, and it's most reliable when you block and hit them when their sword rebounds off your shield. Idk if I've ever had a counter without hitting them at that time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 4:05 pm